One Shot Thread... :)

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@zephiey these are just outstanding. Thank you so much. I especially loved the JR and Sue Ellen ones but also really enjoyed the others with Sly, Miss Ellie, Pam and Bobby. I'm so intrigued by the Lucifer and Michael one - who are they?

Thank you. Lucifer- King of Hell aka the Devil and Michael- Archangel of Heaven.

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Loved the 50 word challenge zephiey. You made me cry with the JR and Sue Ellen ones though.
And LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Michael and Lucifer one. I can totally see why Ol JR would be more than a match for Luc.
And of course our fave couple deserve their own personal paradise. Again it's sad but I'm happy for ANY way they can end up together.

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Loved the 50 word challenge zephiey. You made me cry with the JR and Sue Ellen ones though.
And LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Michael and Lucifer one. I can totally see why Ol JR would be more than a match for Luc.
And of course our fave couple deserve their own personal paradise. Again it's sad but I'm happy for ANY way they can end up together.

Thank you.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Is the Devil one connected to JR?

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Is the Devil one connected to JR?

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for sharing your short stories with us Zephiey. :)
It's amazing how much you can say with just a few sentenses inspired by a word or a song.

The song challenge sort of reminds me of a game my sister and I used to play when we were teens. We used to take pen and paper and then sit down and listen to music and then write down whatever popped into our minds from hearing the songs. I guess having the ability to associate songs to things and be inspired by them is central when making fan music videos too!

Anyway thanks again for posting these short stories. I enjoyed reading them. :)

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
One of my friends and I desperately wanted Bobby to come to his senses and break it off with April. We just didn't think they were a good match. Therefore, we took turns writing how we imagined Bobby would drop her.

This is a scene that I would have liked to see onscreen shortly after the whole Jeanne ordeal, i.e. the Pam look-alike:

April drops by Ewing Oil unannounced to talk with Bobby.

Bobby’s secretary calls his office to let him know that April would like to see him. Bobby is a bit hesitant about seeing her, but after a few seconds of silence, he asks his secretary to let her come into his office.

April walks in and stops in the middle of the office. Bobby is standing at the window looking at her.

April: Hi stranger!

Bobby: What are you doing here?

April: I have to talk to you … … I have to know what is going on with you … with us … Is there even an “us”?

Bobby stares at her silently and then turns around to look out the window.

April: Don’t turn away from me, April says with a hint of anger in her voice. Just tell me what’s going on … … are you still seeing that woman that looks like Pam?

After a few seconds, Bobby turns around to face April again.

Bobby: No.

April: So you finally came to your senses? There is a hint of satisfaction in April’s voice.

Bobby: Well, I guess that it depends on how you look at it, but yes ……

April breaks into a smile.

April: Does that mean that we can pick up from where we left off? Can we wipe the slate clean and start over? I mean … …we’re not getting any younger! What do you say?

Bobby looks at her for a few seconds without saying anything.

Bobby: Maybe I haven’t made myself clear! I see the world in a totally new light now. And I’ve learned a lot about myself in the past few weeks! I’ve made quite a mess of my personal life, but now I know what I need to do to move on. And that … …

April cuts him off before he can finish the sentence and begins to walk towards him with a seductive look in her eyes, while she says:

April: Well, even though I was angry at you for a little while after our fight or misunderstanding or whatever you’d like to call it, I knew deep down that you just needed time to realize that you and I belong together.

Bobby: If you’d just give me a chance to finish, ... ....

April stops in her tracks just as she has reached Bobby’s desk and looks at him with a puzzled look on her face.

Bobby: The time that I spent with Jeanne has helped shed light on a lot of things. I realize now that it was wrong of me to ever get involved with you.

April looks at Bobby with shock in her eyes. She can’t believe what she’s hearing.

April: But you just said that you weren’t seeing that other woman anymore!

Bobby: I’m not. But spending time with her has made me realize that I’ve been fooling myself for a long time. I was incredibly hurt when Pam left the way that she did. And I just kept pushing myself into believing that she didn’t matter to me anymore … … I know now that it was a mistake!

April: You can’t be serious! How can you still hold feelings for a woman who walked out on you and Christopher?

Bobby: I don’t have to justify myself to you or anybody else for that matter. I’m just acknowledging that I’ve made a lot of bad choices in the past couple of years, my getting involved with you being one of them. The fact that you used to be married to my cousin AND later on slept with my brother should have ruled you out as a possible love interest to begin with. I got myself into all this mess, because I never took the proper time to come to terms with my feelings for Pam. I just tried to move on without looking back, which hasn’t done me any good in the long run! It’s time for me to start over … … and you’re not and can never be a part of that equation!

April: Pleeeeease … how can Pam still have a hold on you? What did she have that I don’t?

Bobby: Don’t get me started!

April: You must be out of your mind, she says while rolling her eyes.

Bobby: Pam was the best thing that ever happened to me. She and I shared something that I’ve never been able to capture with anyone else, including you.

April: Pam is not available anymore, remember? She went on to marry that doctor of hers. You can’t have her back! But I’m here for you, if you’d only … …

Bobby: That’s what you don’t understand … … I don’t want you! … … I don’t need you in my life … You need to understand that we’re done for good!

April: Quite frankly, I’m done listening to all this crap. I’m walking out of here … …

Bobby: Be my guest!

April: … … and I’m not coming back.

After April has left Bobby’s office by slamming the door shut, he turns around and looks out the window. With a satisfied look on his face, a little smile appears on his lips while he says, “… … A new beginning!

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for sharing your one-shot with us as well Ms Southworth. :)
Poor April didn't understand why she was getting dumped at all. I guess the incident with Jeanne showed Bobby that he'd rather be alone than in a relationship with a woman who wasn't Pam... ;)

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The way I see it, the producers had Bobby move on way too fast to other relationships after Pam's departure. And he did it for all the wrong reasons! How many women did he "hook" up with within a short time frame? I forgot the exact number, but it was too many, IMO. He should have invested all his time in not only his own mental health but also his relationship with Christopher, who had just lost his mother. Eventually, he should begin dating again - not to find someone to replace Pam - but to find a new love to share the rest of his life with! That someone being a lady who had no historic "ties" with any of the Ewing men! ;)

K

Karin Schill

I agree that Bobby did play the field some after Pam left him that last time. Very different behavior compared to the first time he and Pam split up and it took him quite a long time to move on with Jenna... :(

Anyway this is not really a one shot but scenes from my longer story "Dallas in the 90's" but since they are not spoilerish I figured I would post them here today in the spirit of Halloween. So I hope you'll enjoy these short scenes! :hallow5:

Meanwhile up in Rebecca and Margaret’s room were Pam and Lucy helping Rebecca, Margaret and Becky getting into their costumes. Lucy pinned on the pink hat with the braided yellow hair onto Becky’s head. Next she made sure that the wail was laying neatly around her face, “So how do I look?” Becky asked excitedly.

Lucy stepped back, looking at her and said, “Awesome, you really are a mini–Jeannie.”

“That’s good, because I really love I dream of Jeannie!”

“Yeah that’s a cute show,” Lucy agreed. “Now if you’ll excuse me I’ll better go and get my 007 ready!” Lucy twinkled and Becky giggled, as Lucy left the room.

“There how do I look?” Margaret asked, as she had just finished dressing herself. The other looked at her. Margaret was dressed in a light yellow sweater, red, yellow pattern skirt with a matching hair ribbon and belt. She wore brown flat shoes. In her hands she was holding a notebook, a flashlight and a magnifying glass.

“Good,” Pam replied.

Margaret smiled happily until Rebecca weighed in, “What’s with the geek clothes?”

“Who are you supposed to be?” Becky asked.

“Nancy Drew of course,” Margaret said.

“Oh right, now I’ll get it, you’re a detective!” Becky smiled and Margaret smiled back.

“Great then you can write down all the gossip from the party and report to me!” Rebecca beamed, as she jumped up and down in excitement.

“Rebecca stand still, otherwise I can’t get this tiara on you!” Pam scolded Rebecca who calmed down.

“Sorry mom.”

Pam pinned on the tiara, “Now let me get a good look at my little Princess Belle,” she smiled as she took a good look at her daughter, who was dressed in a yellow princess dress from the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. It had matching golden high heels, a tiara, a scepter and a golden-red brooch at the top of the dress.

“Wow you look beautiful,” Becky said.

“Sure does,” Pam smiled. “Line up so I can take a picture.”

The girls lined up and Margaret said, “Did you know that Belle means beautiful in French?”

“Really, you know French?” Pam asked.

“Just a little,” Margaret shrugged her shoulders like if it was no big deal. “I’ve taken an extra course at school.”

Pam stared at her and said, “That’s…nice. Now say cheese!”

“Cheese,” the girls replied and Pam snapped several photos of the smiling, adorable little girls. After a few shots Margaret’s smile stiffened, but Rebecca kept posing happily, as she loved having her photo taken since she knew that the camera loved her!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Karin Schill

Downstairs in the living room was Donna pouring up Pringles, cheese doodles and pop corn in bowl when Margaret entered the room. “Hi mom!”

Donna looked up saying, “Hi Margaret, oh how great your costume turned out!”

“Thank you,” Margaret smiled. Then she noticed Donna’s clothes. Margaret frowned at her mother’s clothes since Donna was dressed in, bellbottom jeans, a white shirt and a brown leather vest with frays over it. She also wore a necklace with a peace sign. “Why are you dressed like that?”

“Because it’s a part of my costume dear,” Donna explained.

“I see, so who are you supposed to be?”

Donna smiled, before she put on a wig with long black hair, “Wanna take a guess?”

Margaret thought a bit before she said, “Well you’re obviously from the 1970s but definitely not Betty Ford!”

Donna laughed, “Obviously not!”

“So who are you then?”

“Well she’s a singer and…” Donna was interrupted by Ray who joined them in the living room.

“Hey your costume looks great,” Ray complemented Donna.

“So does yours,” Donna replied with a smile and Margaret’s eyes widened when she saw her dad who was dressed in bellbottom jeans, a white shirt with a brown leather vest with frays over it. He also had a peace sign necklace. He also wore a brown shoulder length wig with a red headband and a mustache.

“Oh wow, you two match!” Margaret exclaimed.

“Well that’s the idea, we’re Sonny and Cher!” Ray smiled.

Margaret frowned, “Sonny who dad?”

Donna and Ray laughed. “They were before your time sweetie.”

“You know Congressman Bono from the Republican party?” Donna asked.

“Sure but what does he has to do with Cher?”

“Well they used to be married,” Donna explained.

“Oh My God, I so didn’t know that!” Margaret’s eyes widened.

“Well now you know,” Donna smiled.

“I sure do, but I still think your costumes are really weird!”

Donna and Ray laughed and Ray said, “Well if you think our costumes are weird, just wait until you’ll see what your Uncle Bobby and Aunt Pam are wearing!”

“Oh yeah, their costumes are really horrible!” Donna laughed.

K

Karin Schill

Upstairs were Bobby and Pam getting dressed for the party. “This is horrible!” Bobby complained, as he looked at himself in the mirror. He was dressed as the King of Hearts and his costume consisted of black shoes, black pants and a blue shirt with a zebra stripped pattern at the bottom. Over it he wore a red cape with check patterned puff sleeves and a white lining with black spots on it. Across his chest he had a white ordinance ribbon with red hearts all over it. He also wore a necklace with black stones.

Pam turned around to look at Bobby and said, “It’s not that bad honey,” Pam smiled as she placed a red crown on Bobby’s head. “Besides we match.” Pam was dressed in a red and white dress with check pattern around the waist and zebra stripped pattern at the sides. At the front she had a pattern of red hearts sewn onto the white area of the dress. The dress had long puff sleeves with white lacing around her hands. It also had a big black bow over her hips. The dress was low cut and was shaped as a heart over the chest. Her hair was put up and she was wearing black drop earrings and a golden tiara.

“Lucky us,” Bobby said sarcastically.

“Oh come on honey, we agreed to be a king and queen…”

“Yeah, yeah but did you have to make us the Royal couple of hearts?” Bobby sighed.

“I thought it sounded romantic,” Pam explained. “How could I know it was gonna have check patterns on it?”

Bobby raised an eyebrow, “Hold on a minute, you mean you didn’t even look at the costumes before you ordered them?”

“Um…no!” Pam admitted and Bobby started to laugh.

“Well thanks honey that explains a lot!”

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Standing there inside of their old room, the memories washed over her and it made Sue Ellen feel vulnerable. Because out of all the rooms in the house, JR’s bedroom was the one place that made her feel most uncomfortable, as it was within these four walls that most of the battles of her marriage had been fought out. The harsh words, the tears, the anguish and her insecurities, it all came back to her. How he shattered all my hopes and dreams. But she also remembered their laughter, the passion of their love making and the intimacy of being his confidant, the only one who shared his secrets. The only one who really understood him. Sue Ellen could feel a tidal wave of emotions crash over her. It was more than she could handle. So she turned around to leave.

I'm just starting to read this and it's already getting good. I like how descriptive your style is. I quoted this particular paragraph because it shows just how descriptive your writing is. You use the same motif of water washing over her from beginning to end: "...the memories washed over her and it made Sue Ellen feel vulnerable...Sue Ellen could feel a tidal wave of emotions crash over her." And of course Sue Ellen is going through this while she waits for JR. She can hear him taking a shower...It's a very consistent motif of water - some of it literally water like the shower and some of it figuratively like the tidal wave of emotions.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you @Kenny Coyote I am really glad that you like my style of writing. :)
Wow! That is an interesting observation about the water motif. To be honest I am not sure if I even did that on purpose.:think:
Sometimes when I write it just flows and the scene more or less write itself and I lose track of the time and place. But still I am glad that you like it so far. I hope you will read the rest of my "Dallas in the 90's" story and that you will enjoy it too. The plots are a bit slow moving in that one since it takes a while to catch up with all the main characters and describe what they have been up to since we last saw them. But I do think it stays true to the original show. :)

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Noticing the effect he had on her JR seized the opportunity to sweet talk her some more as he went on, “Besides as far as I am concerned you’re the only wife I’ve ever had…” JR told her sincerely, as his hand reached out to cup her face, making her look at him.

Looking into his blue eyes Sue Ellen could feel her heart melt. Yet everything in her mind tried to resist what her heart was telling her, “JR please, don’t go there…”

“What’s the matter darling?” JR asked, as he let his hands slip down to rest on her shoulders. “Can’t you handle hearing the truth?”

“JR, you know that I am married to Don now. So it’s really not appropriate for you and me to be having this conversation…”

“Well that might be, but even though we’re divorced there’s still something between us. You can’t deny that, since I know you feel it too. Otherwise you wouldn’t be here right now…”

She knew he was right. Yet she’d rather be miserable with Don than admit it. So gathering up all the strength she could find inside Sue Ellen finally broke free from his arms, “I’m sorry JR, but you’re wrong. I just came here to talk about John Ross,” Sue Ellen lied.

“Okay so what about John Ross?”

“Um…I…” Sue Ellen walked past him, creating some distance between them as she was heading for the door. She could feel his eyes upon her, watching every move she made. Yet she didn’t stop until she was standing safely at the door. First then she turned around to face him. “I just wanted to tell you that I think you should spend some more time with him. You know he’s been dying to go with you to the office.”

“I know but he’s grounded.”

“True but as his parents we can un-ground him any day we want to. So why don’t you bring him with you to the office today?”

JR shifted uncomfortably before he sighed, “Well I can’t today. I’m working late.”

“Well isn’t that typical. I thought you said you had changed,” Sue Ellen said with a mixture of hurt and sarcasm in her voice. “But deep down you’re still the same old JR always putting your business before family and…”

“Oh come on sugar, don’t be so hard on me!” JR interrupted her. “You know my work is important to me and if I don’t work hard, there won’t be anything left of daddy’s legacy to hand over to John Ross when the time comes…”

“I know but do you really have to work nights?”

“Well some business requires me to work late, you know that?”

“Oh yeah I know too well what kind of business you mean…” Sue Ellen said bitterly. “I’m sure you’re working really hard in the bedroom…”

“I’m not,” JR denied it. “But even if I was, that would be none of your business, we’re divorced remember?”

“I remember.”

“Good, now if you’ll excuse me I need to get dressed for work. So unless you’d want to stay and help me…”

“I don’t,” Sue Ellen hurried to deny it.

“Well if that’s so what are you doing with my tie?”

Sue Ellen blushed, as she’d totally forgotten that she hadn’t put that back. “Oh this?” Sue Ellen smiled sheepishly. “It’s not what it looks like, it was just laying there on your floor and I happened to pick it up…”
“Nice try Sue Ellen, but I don’t buy it,” JR told her. “Because I know you,” he smiled before adding, “Why is it so hard for you to admit that you’ve missed me?”

“Maybe because I haven’t,” Sue Ellen countered, as she threw his tie on the bed.

She could tell by the way JR looked at her that he didn’t believe her. “Oh come on, don’t…”

She didn’t even let him finish the sentence as this so wasn’t a conversation she wanted to have and therefore she hurried to cut it short before he could attack another one of her weak spots, “Anyway if you’ll excuse me I’m really hungry and breakfast is getting cold. So I’ll see you later.”

“Okay I’ll see you later,” JR echoed, as he watched Sue Ellen hurry out of his bedroom. Still watching her go he didn’t feel sad, because she had sought him out in his bedroom this morning and that had to mean something. I know she misses me, whether she’s ready to admit it or not. JR whistled happily to himself, as he picked up the tie from the bed and started to change clothes. Because he just knew that it was only a matter of time before she’d be back.

That's all. I hope you've enjoyed reading this. :)

Take care,
Love:
Karin.

Argh why am I only seeing this now??! Argh! I loved it Karin, so well written :)