Oprah bags exclusive interview with Meghan and Harry

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
All those involved have their own perception of the truth. What that truth is none of us looking in from the outside will never know. I wish Harry and Meghan had named name/s rather than hide behind the poor excuse they didn't wish to inflict damage to the person questioning the skin colour of their yet born children. Call him/her out for what they truly are. Of course now the world will be guessing was it a member of The Royal Family or simply an employee.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
As Oprah herself says, when someone shows you who they are, believe them. MEghan"s actions speak louder than empty words from her "friends" that she uses to manipulate the press about her. She likes to weave narratives that unravel when her bluff gets called. Don"t know Samantha Markle, haven't seen her in decades.. Oh really? Samantha. has shown pictures that indicate otherwise. When Harry joined the interview, he said the alleged conversation about their baby's skin tone took place before they got married, not while she waa pregnant with Archie, as she alleged. And it seems even the Archbishop Of Canterbury called MEghan's bluff by saying his recollection about the supposed secret wedding is different. It's obvious from Queen Elizabeth's statement and carefully chosen use of the word "recollections" that she has already spoken with the family member and isn't convinced that MEghan and Harry were being completely truthful about the conversation.. And I'd bet that the truth about what happened with Kate is that she didn't like the way MEghan was treating people at the dress fitting and called her out on it. Publicly airing an incident that happened 3 years ago and was resolved privately speaks volumes about who .MEghan is.
1. Which of Meghan's actions have you seen that contradicts her friends who describe her as:

"Meg’s M.O. has always been kindness; goodwill runs in her bones. I know this to be true after 22 years of very close friendship. I have seen first hand how she treats her friends and their families, and her colleagues." - Lindsay Roth

"It’s also possible the Duchess of Sussex is a good person thrust into an unimaginable world. Having spent 3 years working with her in her pre-Duchess days, I saw a warm, kind, caring person. I know nothing of her current situation but she gets the benefit of the doubt in my book." - Jon Cowan

"Meghan Markle and I spent the better part of a decade working together on Suits. From day one she was an enthusiastic, kind, cooperative, giving, joyful and supportive member of our television family. She remained that person and colleague as fame, prestige and power accrued."
- Patrick J. Adams

"I have known Meghan for 17 years. Here’s what she is: kind, strong, open. Here’s what she’s not: 'a bully. Any of us who know her, feel the same thing from her broken silence: Relief. The truth shall set you free." - Janina Gavankar

However, you who don't know her, or have even met her, but you think you know better than the people who have known her closely for many years.

2. Meghan said there were conversations (plural) about the skin tone of her children and elaborated on one which took place while she was pregnant with Archie. Harry described a separate conversation that took place before they were married. This blows up the defence that this was a throw away comment but a genuine ongoing concern about how dark their children would be.

3. I can't remember the exact dates Meghan said in her interview but she said she had not met Samantha Markle for many years. Samantha Markle released a photo of her and Meghan taken at Samantha's graduation in 2008 which is 13 years ago which is consistent with what Meghan said.

4. Harry and Meghan said their first wedding was "just the three of us" which immediately indicated it wasn't a legal wedding because their was no independent witnesses. It was clearly just a private ceremony just for them to feel married because the real wedding would be all about the pomp ceremony and not about their vows to each other.

5. The Queen's statement never denied there was concern about Archie's skin tone nor did it say anything about the Royal Family's position on racism.

6. Regarding Kate making Meghan cry, the Royal family allowed the media to trash Kate and not set the record straight and it has been an ongoing criticism about Meghan so why shouldn't she defend herself with the truth?

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
1. Which of Meghan's actions have you seen that contradicts her friends who describe her as:

"Meg’s M.O. has always been kindness; goodwill runs in her bones. I know this to be true after 22 years of very close friendship. I have seen first hand how she treats her friends and their families, and her colleagues." - Lindsay Roth

"It’s also possible the Duchess of Sussex is a good person thrust into an unimaginable world. Having spent 3 years working with her in her pre-Duchess days, I saw a warm, kind, caring person. I know nothing of her current situation but she gets the benefit of the doubt in my book." - Jon Cowan

"Meghan Markle and I spent the better part of a decade working together on Suits. From day one she was an enthusiastic, kind, cooperative, giving, joyful and supportive member of our television family. She remained that person and colleague as fame, prestige and power accrued." - Patrick J. Adams

"I have known Meghan for 17 years. Here’s what she is: kind, strong, open. Here’s what she’s not: 'a bully. Any of us who know her, feel the same thing from her broken silence: Relief. The truth shall set you free." - Janina Gavankar

However, you who don't know her, or have even met her, but you think you know better than the people who have known her closely for many years.

2. Meghan said there were conversations (plural) about the skin tone of her children and elaborated on one which took place while she was pregnant with Archie. Harry described a separate conversation that took place before they were married. This blows up the defence that this was a throw away comment but a genuine ongoing concern about how dark their children would be.

3. I can't remember the exact dates Meghan said in her interview but she said she had not met Samantha Markle for many years. Samantha Markle released a photo of her and Meghan taken at Samantha's graduation in 2008 which is 13 years ago which is consistent with what Meghan said.

4. Harry and Meghan said their first wedding was "just the three of us" which immediately indicated it wasn't a legal wedding because their was no independent witnesses. It was clearly just a private ceremony just for them to feel married because the real wedding would be all about the pomp ceremony and not about their vows to each other.

5. The Queen's statement never denied there was concern about Archie's skin tone nor did it say anything about the Royal Family's position on racism.

6. Regarding Kate making Meghan cry, the Royal family allowed the media to trash Kate and not set the record straight and it has been an ongoing criticism about Meghan so why shouldn't she defend herself with the truth?
Again, those are empty words that contradict what her actions show us. The woman stood right in the middle of utter poverty in Africa and made it all about how no one asks how SHE is. And she shows up in a $7,200 dress to whine about having to pay for security and allege things out of context. The only purpose of the interview was to further alienate Harry from his family so she can continue to manipulate him. Harry's error in judgment in agreeing to the interview shows the depth of MEghan's manipulation.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Again, those are empty words that contradict what her actions show us. The woman stood right in the middle of utter poverty in Africa and made it all about how no one asks how SHE is. And she shows up in a $7,200 dress to whine about having to pay for security and allege things out of context. The only purpose of the interview was to further alienate Harry from his family so she can continue to manipulate him. Harry's error in judgment in agreeing to the interview shows the depth of MEghan's manipulation.
So you have nothing to support your opinions other than your own personal dislike of the Duchess of Sussex.

Brian Kinney

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The woman stood right in the middle of utter poverty in Africa and made it all about how no one asks how SHE is.

An US "president" insulted your Prime Minister May shortly before his visit to the UK and I don't recall any of the uproar from last week happened back then. The malicious tabloid press courted that idiot instead. And while Covid still is influencing our lives some blame Harry and Meghan giving an interview to Oprah while Covid is hurting so many families. Why are these people discussing H&M instead of politics from Johnson's government regarding Covid?

This forum is an example for public debates that trend at Twitter or dominate the press and some TV channels. Compare the participation in 'UK & rest of world politics' with the two recent Meghan-threads in 'Headline News'. Says anything I need to know why Brexit and Megxit happened.

I don't like that you brought "utter poverty in Africa" into the discussion - in context to criticize Meghan on moral attitude. In a debate about a bi-racial woman with an African-American mother! Also this is like a command to shut up in a situation where someone is vulnerable (I assume it wasn't "acted") and I don't like that either.

Because I'm not a monarchist I think Meghan has the right to speak wherever she wants and about whatever. Are people so accustomed to the monarchy that they attack those who don't play along the royal Truman Show? Commenting it myself is weird too. It's a stupid distraction from the next Netflix series...

Last edited:

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am team Meghan/Harry. Prince Charles has always been a prick. The way he treated Diana and his poor reaction to Harry being a red-head. I bet he was the one talking about Archie's skin colour. Prince Andrew is a douche. And Kate just seems fake.

Notice that Meghan & Harry only speak highly of the Queen & Philip, no one else.

Harry (aka The Spare) has always felt like an outsider of that family. Like he just didn't quite belong. I think he is somewhat relieved that he's no longer in that orbit. He can give his kids something else.

Those who say that they should keep quiet, mainly because they wanted out have not understood a thing. Meghan & Harry are famous for life no matter what they do and where they move. If they say nothing, the media will still talk about them. Plus they have a right to speak from their point of view. They have a right to tell their story and why they decided to leave. It's not like they left an ordinary un-famous family. They left a whole country's owned family.

I am a fan of whistleblowers, and Meghan & Harry are in a way whistleblowers.

I don't hate the monarchy, but they aren't perfect people. Especially some of them... And then we are horrible people like Piers Morgan who has a personal vendetta against Meghan because she blew him off. I am so glad someone stood up to him. And like a big baby, he walked away. Good riddance!

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
And then we are horrible people like Piers Morgan who has a personal vendetta against Meghan because she blew him off. I am so glad someone stood up to him. And like a big baby, he walked away. Good riddance!
I've always thought Piers Morgan is not a pleasant person ever since he wrote the homophobic newspaper article in which he referred to 2 gay characters on TV as "yuppie poofs" but his relentless attacks on Meghan and Harry bordered on a pathologic obsession. Like a typical bully, the minute he was challenged he couldn't handle it and ran away.

3243.jpg

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've always thought Piers Morgan is not a pleasant person ever since he wrote the homophobic newspaper article in which he referred to 2 gay characters on TV as "yuppie poofs" but his relentless attacks on Meghan and Harry bordered on a pathologic obsession. Like a typical bully, the minute he was challenged he couldn't handle it and ran away.

View attachment 25742

I just went from 1% respect for him to 0%.

Last edited:

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Meghan Markle said:
You know, three days before our wedding we got married. No one knows that, but we called the archbishop and we just said, ‘Look, this thing, this spectacle, is for the world, but we want our union between us.’

Archbishop of Canterbury said:
The legal wedding was on the Saturday. I signed the wedding certificate, which is a legal document, and I would have committed a serious criminal offence if I signed it knowing it was false.

One of them is fibbing. :think:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
One of them is fibbing. :think:

I don't think either of them are. Meghan said it was a marriage ceremony for them to exchange vows and Harry said it was just the 3 of them present, Meghan (Harry and the Archbishop) and he even sang "Just The Three of Us". They weren't suggesting it was a legal marriage because there were no independent witnesses, it was just a private service. The legal wedding was at public one in Windsor 3 days later.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think either of them are. Meghan said it was a marriage ceremony for them to exchange vows and Harry said it was just the 3 of them present, Meghan (Harry and the Archbishop) and he even sang "Just The Three of Us". They weren't suggesting it was a legal marriage because there were no independent witnesses, it was just a private service. The legal wedding was at public one in Windsor 3 days later.

I take your point, but her actual words were "we got married" which to many would suggest certain legal implications. To me it seems misleading or, at the very least, a hyperbolic way of communicating the facts of that situation. It's not a statement that can be taken at face value, so it's unsurprising that it seems to have caused confusion.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I take your point, but her actual words were "we got married" which to many would suggest certain legal implications. To me it seems misleading or, at the very least, a hyperbolic way of communicating the facts of that situation. It's not a statement that can be taken at face value, so it's unsurprising that it seems to have caused confusion.
If you've ever been to a Hindu wedding, you may know they often have a big religious ceremony and that is what the couple consider to be their marriage even though it's not legally recognised. Therefore, they also have to have a civil ceremony which is often a quick registry office job to make their marriage official. I imagine that is similar to what was Meghan and Harry's approach. Their personal "wedding" was the more meaningful ceremony for them and what they considered to be their marriage and the very public wedding was more of a national celebration and the legal wedding.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Allegedly, Anne is the culprit.
I'm not sure. It was Lady Colin Campbell who pointed the finger at Anne but she isn't the royal insider that she claims to be and her links with that family are tenuous at best. I very much doubt whether any of the royals or anyone at the Palace talk with her.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The relentless British media campaign against Meghan continues and is getting more desperate and ridiculous than ever. Today's Mail on Sunday: