Our Own Dallas Trivia Game

Top Jimmy

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How many times did "Dallas" recast their characters and can you name them all (doesn't matter how big or small the role)?

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How many times did "Dallas" recast their characters and can you name them all (doesn't matter how big or small the role)?

Connie Brasher - recast three times

Jenna Wade- recast twice

John Ross - recast several times

Christopher Ewing - recast several times

Gary Ewing

Kristin Shepard

Digger Barnes

Miss Ellie - more like a temporary substitution than a recast since after one season they had the original actress resuming playing her role again

Sandra Bullock

Amanda Lewis

Last edited:

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Connie Brasher - recast three times

Jenna Wade- recast twice

John Ross - recast several times

Christopher Ewing - recast several times

Gary Ewing

Kristin Shepard

Digger Barnes

Miss Ellie - more like a temporary substitution than a recast since after one season they had the original actress resuming playing her role again

Sandra Bullock

Amanda Lewis
a few more:

Harlan Danvers

Jeb Ames

Seth Stone (he only had a couple of lines total, but there were at least 2 different actors who were supposed to be Seth at those early-season cartel meetings)

Assistant DA Lyle Sloan

Top Jimmy

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Good job, Kenny and Taylor! I must confess I'm drawing a blank on who Lyle Sloan is. The only other people I thought of were Barnes cousin Jimmy Monahan, Ewing servant Raoul, and technically, Pam Ewing (recast for one episode only).

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Good job, Kenny and Taylor! I must confess I'm drawing a blank on who Lyle Sloan is. The only other people I thought of were Barnes cousin Jimmy Monahan, Ewing servant Raoul, and technically, Pam Ewing (recast for one episode only).

Sloan was the assistant DA who prosecuted Cliff for the Julie Grey murder, then Jock for the Hutch McKinney murder. Different actor both times. Also, the actor who played the first Sloan was Bobby's construction partner Joe Morris just a handful of episodes prior!

http://www.soapchat.net/threads/abc-of-dallas.19/page-198#post-199972

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
OK: How many times did Bobby say he was going to "take someone apart"? Describe the details of each instance.

No! I'm just kidding. The new question is: How did Bobby get Cliff acquitted of murdering Julie Grey?

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The new question is: How did Bobby get Cliff acquitted of murdering Julie Grey?

Bobby gets the Red File, which contained information on all of J.R.'s dirty deeds, including the deals he made through Jeb Ames and Willie Joe Garr.

Patrick Duffy does an amazing acting job when he confronts J.R. At first, J.R. is able to argue that these dirty deals needed to be done in order to keep Ewing Oil on top. He even justifies these schemes by saying that he is "Trying to make Ewing Oil the biggest independent in Texas".

And Bobby almost begins to believe J.R.

But then Bobby pulls out Jock's will. But this was a fake will that J.R. forged. Looking as if he was on the verge of tears, Bobby shows it to J.R. and says, "I wasn't ready for this!"

Very strong acting on the part of Patrick Duffy.

Bobby then confronted Jeb Ames and Willie Joe Garr and forced them to admit to their part in Julie Grey'a (accidental) death. This cleared Cliff Barnes.

So, if it's my turn to ask a trivia question, then here it is:

Ewing 23 was a productive and profitable oil field. Why did J.R. shut it down?

Last edited:

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
[QUOTE="Lastkidpicked, post: 214624, member: 237"

So, if it's my turn to ask a trivia question, then here it is:

Ewing 23 was a productive and profitable oil field. Why did J.R. shut it down?[/QUOTE]

There's the reason he said he did it and the reason it seems he actually did it for.

Bobby claimed the reason was that Cliff Barnes had found evidence that Digger was entitled to 5o percent of the profits and that gets handed down to Cliff,which in effect makes Cliff a partner in Ewing 23.

Jock said threes no way that Cliff could ever be his partner so he agreed with JR in shutting it down. Bobby got that sanctimonious attitude going and said how "If Cliff shares the profits inning 23, then that's just something we live with." Great. Bobby, whose been running Ewing Oil for a few weeks os going to dictate to his father, the man who bullt and owns the company what their policy will be.

That was the reason he stated- to let Cliff share in the profits. he wanted to be "fair" to Cliff, which is quite silly considering Cliff had actively screwed with Boby and Pam's marriage with things such as the Kessel deal (getting Pam to use Bobby's money against hisand his family's best interests, costing them millions of dollars in the process. Cliff had also remained silent, letting Pam take all the blame for supposedly leaking the Red Files (see how that ties in to the previous question?) when he could have stepped forward and exonerated her offend blame. Cliff knew it ws Julie but he was content to let Pam take the heat. That's the kind of man Cliff was and Bobby is that motivated to do what's fair for Cliff? Yeah, right!

The real reason seems much more likely that: Bobby had re-opened Ewing 23 (which had been shut down for years) recently and he did it all by himself! Just like a big boy! Bobby's ego just couldn't take seeing the project he'd undertaken by himself shut down.