• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dallas Actors Patrick in Welcome to Sweden

K

Karin Schill

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if you have watched this or not. But a couple of years ago Patrick did a guest stint on a Swedish Tv shows called "Welcome to Sweden" that was about an American guy named Bruce who fell in love with a Swedish woman and moved to Sweden. It was a really funny show and Patrick played Bruce's dad and guest starred in four episodes.

So well for those of you who have missed it I thought I'd share some clips here:

He did a show presentation too that I had missed:

Here's a blooper reel. Patrick is at aprox 1.30:

I hope you'll enjoy these. :)

Take care,
Love:
Karin

Tina Ewing

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
When I found out couple of years ago that Patrick was cast in this show, I obviously intended to watch the show just because of him. But when I started watching I fell for this show very quickly. It's soo funny! Although the concept of "moving to a completely different country and starting a new life there just to be with my loved one" is not entirely new, I couldn't name any other show dealing with American/Swedish blending. It was very interesting for me to learn a little more about Sweden and its culture, and the fact that the storylines were inspired by Greg's real life experiences made it even funnier. Plus the confrontation of Bruce's conservative American parents (played by Patrick and Illeana Douglas) with their Swedish counterparts is priceless!

K

Karin Schill

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the show Tina. :)
I began watching it for Patrick, but I actually really liked the rest of the show too. Being Swedish I guess some of the culture clashes between American-Swedish culture were even funnier to me as I could recognize myself in some of the typically Swedish things. :lolo:

I loved Patrick's guest starring on this show and it sucks that it didn't do better in the USA since if it had there would have been more seasons I'm sure. As it is now there were only two seasons despite that it did really well in Sweden.

I wish they'd release season two on DVD though as I forgot to tape the final episode where Patrick guest starred and all that dancing at the wedding was hilarious!

The confrontations between the in-laws were funny too. Another plus is they got Lena Olin to portray the Bruce's mother in law.

Last edited by a moderator: