• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Pete Burns is dead at 57

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The Dead Or Alive singer died on Sunday after suffering a “massive cardiac arrest”.

A statement from his management team said: “It is with the greatest sadness that we have to break the tragic news that out beloved Pete Burns of (Dead or Alive), died suddenly yesterday of a massive cardiac arrest.

“All of his family and friends are devastated by the loss of our special star.

“He was a true visionary, a beautiful talented soul, and he will be missed by all who loved and appreciated everything he was and all of the wonderful memories the has left is with.

“We have no more words, we will make a further statement when we have had a chance to come to terms with our devastating loss.

“He will live forever in our memories.

“Sending you all our love. Lynne, Michael, Steve

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
That's shocking news... I wouldn't say I was a big fan of Pete himself but he did make one of my favourite songs of all time!

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
57 is young to die and sympathies to his family
but his plastic surgery was very scary and like @Alexis I couldnt say i was a fan of his music

(PS heard a blast from the past on Steve Wright today, Marilyn (remember him??) was appearing with Boy George

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
57 is young to die and sympathies to his family
but his plastic surgery was very scary and like @Alexis I couldnt say i was a fan of his music

(PS heard a blast from the past on Steve Wright today, Marilyn (remember him??) was appearing with Boy George
Well I wasn't a big fan of all his music but I do love You Spin Me Round.

Marilyn! Ha.. I read recently that he was in a relationship with Gavin Rossdale in the 1980s. Rossdale denied it, but others have confirmed it.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm very surprised to read this...maybe his flamboyance seemed immortal.

Looks like it's gonna be a YSMR month, with lots of tribute covers and remixes.

Was this his last song?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Well I wasn't a big fan of all his music but I do love You Spin Me Round.
Youthquake was a great pop album, you would probably enjoy.

Here's a little sample

My Heart Goes Bang (Get Me to the Doctor)

Love Come Back to Me

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Marilyn (remember him??)
His 12" single of "Calling Your Name" is one of my favourtites

He was also part of a big 80s documentary series called Trailblazers, looking very different to his younger days.