Peter Baldwin has died at the age of 86

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Peter Baldwin, a veteran director of TV and film who had won an Emmy for his work, has died at the age of 86.

The star died at his home on Pebble Beach, California, where he lived with his wife, writes The Hollywood Reporter, with Peter's son Drew also confirming the news on Facebook.

Baldwin began as an actor in projects such as Little Boy Lost before serving as an air intelligence officer in the US Navy for three years.

Following that, he starred in works like I Married a Monster From Outer Space, but turned his hand to directing, where he carved out a long and prosperous career.

His notable works include The Wonder Years (for which he won his Emmy in 1989), The Brady Bunch and A Very Brady Christmas, The Doris Day Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Partridge Family (whose star, David Cassidy, also passed away last week), Happy Days, Family Ties and Full House.

Younger audiences will have seen his directing work on the likes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Even Stevens, the latter of which is said to be his last directing credit.

He is survived by his wife, his son (who is the CEO of Tubefilter and creator of the Streamy awards), two daughters, five grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Oh my. I thought at first this referred to Corrie's Derek Wilton.

On Googling, I discovered that Peter Baldwin died in 2015. Either way you look at it, it's sad news.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh my. I thought at first this referred to Corrie's Derek Wilton.

Me too. I thought he'd already died. But then, I also thought that about Charles Manson.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Me too. I thought he'd already died. But then, I also thought that about Charles Manson.

Every once in a while it happens to me. Either I'll read about the death of someone I could have sworn died years earlier or I'll find out someone I thought was alive and well has been dead for years.

Chances are I knew about Corrie's PB. We probably discussed it here (or there, depending how one views our previous incarnation). I thought I had a good memory for these things, but ever since Leslie Nielsen's death randomly trended on news sites, convincing me it had just happened (even though I'd read about his death years before, when it was originally reported), I just don't trust my eyes, ears or memory.

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Chances are I knew about Corrie's PB.

And his real life death is further obscured by his Corrie one. I always remember Mike Baldwin taking a call on his mobile during the funeral service.