Peyton Place Peyton Place - some sort of general thoughts thread

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Reaction score
Medals
I was surprised - almost shocked - to realize how easy it was to accept this recast. He's not better than the original but he's terrific as the alternative Martin Peyton.
Probably the best recast in the history of prime time soap.

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
I was surprised - almost shocked - to realize how easy it was to accept this recast. He's not better than the original but he's terrific as the alternative Martin Peyton.
Probably the best recast in the history of prime time soap.
It was jarring at first, but yeah, he's getting more comfortable after a few episodes.

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Ooopsie. Adrienne had a little accident as Eddie Jacks is planning to kill old man Peyton.

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Oh, what a tangled Web(ber) Martin Peyton weaves!

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Ooh, mysterious girl drops off a baby in Peyton Place - have I reached the point of Allison replacement #2?

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
I was SO disappointed that the Rodney / Steven fight didn't end up with one of them pushing the others face into the fireplace - nuDynasty might've ruined me forever!

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
A fabulous staircase drama with a twist. Poor Eddie.

That whole thing was so twisty - Adrienne falling down the staircase! Eddie being arrested! It looking like Martin was plotting to kill Leslie (since Leslie was plotting to kill him), only for it to turn out that he was really plotting for Webber to get killed by Leslie as revenge for what happened to Ann! And then he leaves. Permanently? :omg:

tommie

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
I'll admit I'm not into a lot of the storylines going on right now (the Kelly baby drama / Rita seeing Joe Rossi as Joe Chernak), but thankfully they've introduced Susan Winter aka the dysfunctional lush of a wife of Reverend Winter (no s!), who has apparently been hanging around Peyton Place for a year off screen.