Photo Fun!

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
Reaction score
This thread can be whatever you want it to be. Do you love photography and have pictures you would like to share. Do you come across or have pictures that you love and would like a place to share them?

I am an amateur photographer. I just love to take pictures of scenery and nature and things that I come across in life.

I was on my way home from the city yesterday. I was running out of gas so I stopped at a gas station I had never been too before and I saw this.....

A pay phone? Really? We don't have pay phones anymore and I tried it and it actually worked.

PA281198.JPG

It was such a beautiful day I decided to take a few pictures of our countryside...

We live in Apple and Wine country so I took a photo of one of the orchards near us.....

PA281200.JPG

This is an Osprey nest. They come back to it year after year. The electric company kept knocking it off the pole and they would keep rebuilding. A group of us got together and they built the plate form for them....

PA281209.JPG

A cabin in the woods...some of my shots aren't as easy to see once I resize them.

PA281201.JPG

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
Reaction score
A couple pictures of my ride home.....

PA281214.JPG

2.JPG

I am almost home...this is in the middle of a State Park...we see many animals here.
3.JPG

Turning on to my road I see my favorite Willow Tree

Willow2.JPG

I hope you enjoyed my journey home. I can't wait to see pictures from other Soap Chatters!

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
Reaction score
Medals
This thread can be whatever you want it to be. Do you love photography and have pictures you would like to share. Do you come across or have pictures that you love and would like a place to share them?

I am an amateur photographer. I just love to take pictures of scenery and nature and things that I come across in life.

I was on my way home from the city yesterday. I was running out of gas so I stopped at a gas station I had never been too before and I saw this.....

A pay phone? Really? We don't have pay phones anymore and I tried it and it actually worked.

View attachment 18511

Wow, pay phones are indeed scarce now. I did see a few in Quebec in September which surprised me. I makes one feel old when you think how prominent they once were.

It was such a beautiful day I decided to take a few pictures of our countryside...

We live in Apple and Wine country so I took a photo of one of the orchards near us.....

View attachment 18512

So lovely! Is this a orchard where people pick their own fruits?

This is an Osprey nest. They come back to it year after year. The electric company kept knocking it off the pole and they would keep rebuilding. A group of us got together and they built the plate form for them....

View attachment 18513

Does this have an Osprey Cam? :hide: If so @Long Lashes and I would be hooked. Ospreys are so cool and their hunting skills are incredible.

A cabin in the woods...some of my shots aren't as easy to see once I resize them.

View attachment 18514

What a beautiful country setting. I love your photography. :10:

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
Reaction score
Medals
A couple pictures of my ride home.....

View attachment 18515

View attachment 18517

I am almost home...this is in the middle of a State Park...we see many animals here.
View attachment 18518

Turning on to my road I see my favorite Willow Tree

View attachment 18519

I hope you enjoyed my journey home. I can't wait to see pictures from other Soap Chatters!

Autumn looks so nice in The Land of That Bowie Girl. I, as you know, live a little further south of you and our trees are nearing peak colors this week. We had a storm over the weekend that dropped many leaves.

I so love these photos! I'll have to join in. May I ask do you have a special camera for taking these photos?

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
Reaction score
So lovely! Is this a orchard where people pick their own fruits?
No migrate workers come in every Autumn and pick the fruit for the farmers to sell. The Pictures I took was just a very small sample of how many orchards there are here. Some people of course have their own for personal use.

Does this have an Osprey Cam? :hide: If so @Long Lashes and I would be hooked. Ospreys are so cool and their hunting skills are incredible.
Nope no cam just me and my camera and Mr. TBG honking to them every time he goes by. :lol:

Wow, pay phones are indeed scarce now. I did see a few in Quebec in September which surprised me. I makes one feel old when you think how prominent they once were.
I know I was shocked to see it...are we old? :giggle:

What a beautiful country setting. I love your photography.
Thank you Michelle and I do hope you will share some of your lovely pictures here. :)

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
Reaction score
Autumn looks so nice in The Land of That Bowie Girl. I, as you know, live a little further south of you and our trees are nearing peak colors this week. We had a storm over the weekend that dropped many leaves.
We had that same storm that is why so many trees you see are bare. We lost a lot of color when that happened. We are just about at Peak here too. Snow will be next for us.

I so love these photos! I'll have to join in. May I ask do you have a special camera for taking these photos?
I have a really nice Sony Camera that I need to get fixed. These pics are from my digital camera which isn't as good. I do hope you share pictures I would love that.

Here is one we took that is an uprooted tree on the water...Mr. TBG and I think it looks like a bear? :lol:

Bear.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Frontier Communications (the company responsible for the pay phone) owns a patchwork of mostly rural telephone companies, and likely keep pay phones available in areas where cell phone coverage/reception is spotty. It doesn't even have to be particularly mountainous or remote. I'm sure people who can't get cell reception know where the pay phones are along their regular roads/routes, just in case.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Medals
0C0B89D4-FE53-4DE9-BC3F-95FEAFFDDFE6.jpeg 18060E82-F34E-416C-89BB-45887940CF79.jpeg 36CBFFC7-D2EB-4AB0-B869-8226311AD519.jpeg FEF56FE7-65A8-494A-91CF-AD7BEE72D5A1.jpeg CCA47E0F-5803-434C-90C8-993A4BF010FD.jpeg 7D41AA16-69B3-460E-A254-E6F087773C18.jpeg C7883103-7406-4447-8A37-45E27C5430F3.jpeg 8B9C689C-DA2A-4A39-A784-89124DC2A98D.jpeg 90496214-BBCD-4B9D-B79B-0A75DE9224E4.jpeg

I started looking through my camera roll, I have quite a few shots. I don’t know if I will need to resize them but will try with one. These are all taken with my phone.

Last edited:

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
Reaction score
I started looking through my camera roll, I have quite a few shots. I don’t know if I will need to resize them but will try with one. These are all taken with my phone.
Gorgeous photos and thanks for sharing them with us. The colors in the sky are awesome! :clap:

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
Reaction score
A picture of a painted turtle in our yard.

thumbnail_Painted Turtle2.jpg

A Great Blue Heron Bird......can you see it?
Blue Herring Bird3.jpg

Reflections on the Water

DSC02006.JPG

The Sky over the Lake at Night

DSC01612222.JPG

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am a bit of an amateur photographer but I haven't actually had a camera for about 20 years.

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Medals