Pick a side of the bed!!!

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I know it's a small thing, but it's really bugging me.

I have been re-watching season 8 and JR and Sue Ellen KEEP swapping sides of the bed! In the opening episode where she almost shoots him because he is acting all rapey, she's on the left side. Then we see her on the right side a couple of times, then back on the left. Out of curiosity, I looked at other seasons too. They are constantly swapping sides of the bed!

Is this just lazy production, or do couples actually DO this??? I have been married twice and have been in other long term relationships and each time we sorta picked a side the first night together and stayed put!

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve never really had a favorite side of the bed but in my experience most people do. I’ve never heard of couples switching sides though. And now I’ve gotta watch J.R. and Sue Ellen more closely during my rewatches cause I’ve never noticed them do this before. Kinda funny!

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’ve never really had a favorite side of the bed but in my experience most people do. I’ve never heard of couples switching sides though. And now I’ve gotta watch J.R. and Sue Ellen more closely during my rewatches cause I’ve never noticed them do this before. Kinda funny!
Never noticed until I started watching season 8 again. Now, every time they have a scene in bed together, that's all I can see!

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I gotta watch the other couples on Dallas more closely now to see if they switch sides also. With J.R. and Sue Ellen it might just be a simple explanation such as they were fighting in their sleep and just switched sides without realizing it or they got used to having separate rooms and forgot which side they liked when they got back together.

the-lost-son

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I noticed that, too. I always a assumed it had often something to do with filming techniques.

When JR had affairs SueEllen kept waiting for him. When he entered the room with sue ellen in bed already, she took the side closer to the door to get both in the same shot,
and vice versa

So, the fewer the bed side swaps, the better the state of your marriage, I guess.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I noticed that, too. I always a assumed it had often something to do with filming techniques.

When JR had affairs SueEllen kept waiting for him. When he entered the room with sue ellen in bed already, she took the side closer to the door to get both in the same shot,
and vice versa

So, the fewer the bed side swaps, the better the state of your marriage, I guess.
Now so gotta go back and look and check that theory!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I also love the plant. That plant has seen so much. I want to be that plant.
Remember the plant at OBC where Sue Ellen spied on JR and the Winger Tramp from? I had to lol at the end of that scene of the Season 9 cliffhanger!! It had a "Get Smart" vibe around, like a lot of Swellin´s scenes in that season (especially at / with Valentine...) I wish Linda had starred in her own TV comedy, with a high budget and good scripts, of course... The closest to that was, of course, "Models Inc."...

1614099402590.png

"Yippeekiyayyyy!!" (Or whatever)​

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
That was a 'killer triffid', Sue Ellen had told me that if the Thing of Evil was up to anything, that she'd give the signal and I would get the triffid to strangle the Tramp @Toni

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm beginning to suspect the reason Darrin always slept on the side of the bed closer to the bathroom is because he's a mortal and might need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night but Samantha doesn't need to. Have I uncovered proof that witches don't poop? What about Tabitha and Adam, they're half witch/half mortal, do they poop? Do they poop as often as mortals or only half as much? Should Everybody Poops be re-titled Everybody Poops (Except Witches and Warlocks)?

CeeCee72

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
N
I'm beginning to suspect the reason Darrin always slept on the side of the bed closer to the bathroom is because he's a mortal and might need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night but Samantha doesn't need to. Have I uncovered proof that witches don't poop? What about Tabitha and Adam, they're half witch/half mortal, do they poop? Do they poop as often as mortals or only half as much? Should Everybody Poops be re-titled Everybody Poops (Except Witches and Warlocks)?

Just great. For some reason now I have R.E.M. singing "Everybody poops...sometime" playing on a loop in my head.

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I know it's a small thing, but it's really bugging me.

I have been re-watching season 8 and JR and Sue Ellen KEEP swapping sides of the bed! In the opening episode where she almost shoots him because he is acting all rapey, she's on the left side. Then we see her on the right side a couple of times, then back on the left. Out of curiosity, I looked at other seasons too. They are constantly swapping sides of the bed!

Is this just lazy production, or do couples actually DO this??? I have been married twice and have been in other long term relationships and each time we sorta picked a side the first night together and stayed put!
My sense is that is was probably laziness on the part of the continuity person for not keeping track and reminding Linda and Larry which side of the bed they were supposed to be on. Patrick and Victoria paid more attention to that detail .

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
My sense is that is was probably laziness on the part of the continuity person for not keeping track and reminding Linda and Larry which side of the bed they were supposed to be on. Patrick and Victoria paid more attention to that detail .
I doubt ‘laziness’ or Victoria and Patrick ‘paying more attention’ figured in it at all. :re:

Last edited: