• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Prisoner CBH Prisoner Cell Block H

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Episode 57

I didn’t like the woman who Karen lived with, but I’m not sure if moving in with Melinda is any better.

New inmate Toni McNally could be in for a treat, her reaction to Vera implying she might have fleas was brilliant. :floor:

The receptionist is asking Vera for a drink to celebrate her birthday and we see the nicer side of Vera as she accepts the invitation.

Doc is telling Leila that her son is probably ill because he’s missing his father and all he needs is more contact with his father. Interesting… :fp:

Loving Toni’s visitor giving her cigarettes and booze.

LMAO at Lizzie asking if she can hold the miniature whiskey Toni has. :giddy:

The witness who can put Toni away is kinda panicking then, when someone comes looking for her she does a runner. Talk about walking towards that white light.

Episode 58

New episode, new top dog. :jumping:

Toni is doing a fascinating job in turning the inmates into her ‘staff’ as she continues to hold the top dog position. Not sure what anyone would say to her closet having its own chain, surely the officers will see this.

That was quick! Fletch spots the chain and brings Vera into this little mystery.

Well, now it looks like they have all the goodies, which makes me wonder what the point of all this will be.

Fletch is asking Vera out for a drink, this could be interesting. Now he wants to take her out to dinner. It will all end in tears, you mark my words.

Well, blow me! He kissed her. I have no memory of this.

:d1:

Oh dear, Leila wants to give the marriage another go, poor Vera.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is turning out to be a cracker of a comedy with Tinkerbell now thinking she has talked Erica into allowing Karen & Lynn back onto their release programs
This was such a funny episode and I found myself laughing out loud a few times. And the final of the 3 coincidences when Bea said next thing you know she'll be getting let out and then Tinkerbell is notified of her release. Brilliant.
Episode 46
I'm up to episode 46. Damn, this was a good episode. So much going on. I think they have handled Doreen's deterioration really well. It hasn't been one thing but a series of events that have tipped her over the edge. For a character that on the face of it is pretty simple she's pretty complex. Unfortunately I didn't have episode 45 so I didn't see her session with Clements, I only heard her talk about it in this episode. What little I did see of him I didn't like much.

I'm really enjoying the character of Fletcher. He's brought a new edge to the show since his arrival. He's cold and strict yet we are seeing a softer side to him with Edith and also with his family. He has his demons which adds a bit of mystery to his character and his PTSD makes him somewhat unpredictable. And we still don't know what Joyce's husband knew about him from Pentridge. Did he have some kind of breakdown and go ballistic? Is he likely to do that again?

The story of Joyce and he money has had some interesting twists so I'm curious to see how that plays out.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Episode 59

I’m loving Toni winding up the officers and letting Meg & Vera know that she organised Jim’s holiday leave. Vera is onto something when she accuses Erica of letting Toni get away with everything, but what? :think:

It’s good to see the old Doreen back.

The girls getting high was hilarious, Lizzie reckons Dor’ ought to send Lynn Warner a leaf from the garden. :llooll:

New character Angela Jeffries speaks to Karen about the half-way house, it’s getting a few mentions lately, I wonder when it will actually happen.

As annoying and frustrating Vera can be, I’m with her over the concern about Erica and McNally.

Vera was on to something with Erica and now Erica is handing in her notice. :oops:

Vera turning to an inmate (Monnie) to help her deal with Toni is something very familiar to a future officer who often wore black leather gloves.

Meg & Erica are chatting away when there is a knock on the door. Someone has slipped a note under the door to the shock of both Meg and Erica, oddly though, they never opened the door to see who it was.

Episode 60

McNally is trying to pin the latest cockup on Monnie, hopefully, Lizzie will soon cotton on.

Karen’s story isn’t exciting to me, nor is Angela Jefferies.

LOL at Martha suggesting they kill Monnie. :floor:

Silly, silly Monnie falling for Martha’s taunts just as she’s close to getting out.

Looks like they found the witness.

Lizzie and her veg soup “For what I’m about to receive, may the good Lord protect me” :llooll:

Back to Martha framing Monnie and a few home truths for Vera “you dirty rotten slimy bitch screw”. :lol:

Thankfully, Meg jumps in to confirm it was a setup and eventually Monnie is released.

Martha gets a visit from one of McNally’s men, not that she’s aware of who he is or why he’s there.

I don’t think Greg liked the idea that Karen’s friend Angela is gay.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Episode 61

So, Greg wants back into Wentworth. Could this have anything to do with Karen’s gay friend?

Lizzie is catching on to McNally and looking forward to Bea coming back. Me too, I wonder what she will think of McNally?

What a disappointment with Bea saying she is looking after number one, with no interest in taking the top dog position back. :ms:

Do I detect a hint of Bea wanting to put McNally in her place? I hope so.

Would you Adam and Eve it? Mum is back and granddaughter Judy too. I wonder if her daughter Madge Ramsay will return. At this rate, we might even see an appearance from Harold Bishop.

Ted Douglas managed to talk Erica out of her resignation, instead, she will take a 3 week holiday to think about it. Funny, part of her reasons for resigning are that the department gave Fletch a holiday when she insists, she is noticeably short-staffed.

I’m warming to McNally and Bea joining together, especially if it gets a great reaction from Vera.

The ending was haunting with the witness looking down at her own grave.

Episode62

These goons working for McNally let a feeble young woman escape from their clutches, with her hands tied together behind her back.

Now that Bea knows about McNally bringing in drugs, she’s up for dealing with her and I’m up for some great drama. The calm before the storm indeed. :jb:

The dinner party, or whatever it was had some great icy moment where Karen was angry with Greg, while Greg was concerned with Karen’s gay friend and Meg not knowing what to make of it all. I swear it could have been the build-up to a whodunit.

There’s a lot of coughing going on, well, I say a lot, it’s just mum and Lizzie, but it got me wondering if one of them is about to pop it.

Oh FFS! Greg will try anything to get Karen away from Angela.

And there we have it, mum has collapsed!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Episode 63

No… NO!!!!! :noway:

Meg finds Mum collapsed on the floor, she’s no nurse so doesn’t know what to do. Hey, here’s a thought, why not ring 000 for the ambulance, oh hell no, she has a better idea, why not ring Wentworth detention centre and hope that Greg is in the reception area, so he gets to the phone real quick.

Still, I suppose it reveals Meg’s visit to Vera.

Someone has come to visit McNally. She’s called Roslyn Coulson, she is the daughter of the woman McNally murdered. Brilliant twist!

Played by Sigrid Thornton, she had a starring role in the current series WENTWORTH portraying the character of Sonia Stevens.

Oh dear, Doreen has dropped Meg in it by letting Erica know that Meg has been visiting an ex-prisoner Mum.

We’re going to see what Wentworth runs like with Fletch as the governor, not good news for Doreen who seems to become more and more obsessed with Erica, turning up in all various places.

McNally is saying her goodbyes believing she will get off from the murder charge, not good news for Martha. Nor was it great news for Ros Coulson.

Fletcher’s first action is to move the prisoners to different rooms and then when they are settled, he will move them again. I’m already excited about this.

I love Meg running to Erica to report the changes in Wentworth.

Haha!! Bea grabs Vera’s keys and takes control of her part of the wing. Even funnier is when the officers go to use the fire extinguishers and find them empty. Funny, but bloody scary too.

Fletcher gives in, but surely this isn’t the end, I don’t think he will let them get away with it.

Oh, I like it, he’s removed everything from their recreation room.

“You Bastard!”

McNally is found innocent!

Not that it matters, Ros Coulson shot her dead!

Episode 64

Oh, she’s not dead, McNally I mean, just in case you dropped off.

Not much happening in this episode, well, not much to write about. You could say Fletch turning the place into military prison was a highlight. That and McNally dying.

The halfway house is almost ready, and it looks like Karen will be the one to run it.

Someone beat Martha, who was about to beat up Ros. Vera tries to figure out what happened and calls Ros a liar, to which Lizzie shouts out that Ros is not a liar because she was brought up by the penguins, the holy penguins.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Episode 65

The staff meeting to discuss the way Fletcher is running the prison brings back Colleen Powell who hasn’t been seen since her first episode (48).

I loved watching the screws gossip about how Fletcher is running the prison.

Pat O’Connell is a new inmate to Wentworth, having transferred from Barnhurst. I liked Pat, she brought a breath of fresh air to the drama. Oh and now look who else is betting transferred in….

Vera knew exactly what she was doing when she sent Meg to induct the new prisoners and there she is - Chrissie Latham. I loved, loved, loved the special effects as Meg reminded the viewers what Chrissie had done.

Oh, come on Meg, don’t stop working, don’t make it so they have to transfer Chrissie back, she’s going to bring all kinds of drama to the show.

Brilliant! Fletch is happy for them to strike.

Mum’s daughter is back, only this time she’s not Madge Ramsey.

The ending with Vera telling Bea that Erica has resigned and Jim is screwing up implying she will be the next governor was wonderful.

Episode 66

Erica looking into something Angela Jeffries is working on for Doreen Anderson is something that could be interesting.

Jim wanting to step down as governor makes me wonder just how different it would be if Vera was to take over.

Oh, what a shame, Vera just found out Erica is returning. Better luck next time Vinegar Tits!

Well, well, well! Doreen’s mum is Helen Daniels.

Doreen’s mum coming to visit Doreen really grabbed my heart, the look, the music, the possibilities, all wonderful.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Episode 67

It was a lovely scene with Doreen and her mum until Vera ruined it. Though, maybe Vera’s comments might change the mother’s mind over revealing who she is.

“Speaking of sewer rats”, it’s great to have Chrissie back.

LOL at the poems Doreen and Lizzie read out.

Chrissie taunting Meg was great, I love how much more mileage they get from a story that happened back in the 3rd/4th episode.

Erica is back and she’s coming across as quite heartless, especially with the situation between (her friend) Meg and Chrissie.

I can’t get enough of Vera’s descriptions for the prisoners, filth, disgusting, animals, it goes on and on.

Chrissie burning Doreen’s poem made me question how easy it is for the prisoners to start fires. I realise they need lighters/matches for smoking but wonder if that still stands in today’s prisons.

Mum’s daughter is finally coming around to her daughter’s life like they are closing the chapter for these to characters with a happy ending.

Now, who went and broke into the doc’s office and cabinet?

Episode 68

Good call with Lizzie bringing up Anne Yates and her ‘hiding in the dryer’ accident to frighten Chrissie.

Once again Erica makes a foolish decision putting Bea into solitary because she thinks Bea stole from the medicine cabinet. The way this is going, it could be Chrissie breaking into the doctor’s office setting Bea up.

Pat’s mum arrives with the grandkids to see their mum and she looks awfully familiar to a social worker who works in Wentworth later in the series.

Turns out it was Chrissie who pinched the medicine in a ploy to get Bea back into solitary.

Well, well, well, Chrissie took the medicine because she’s pregnant. I assume she wanted to bring on a miscarriage

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Episode 69

Poor Doreen, she has a message for Pat but can’t say anything otherwise she will jeopardise her parole.

Oh, bloody hell, Doreen has told Pat about her son coming to work outside the prison.

Now it’s time for me to say, poor Pat, not getting to work in the garden, therefore losing the chance to see her son from Barnhurst.

Doreen’s funny turn to distract Officer Barry was amusing, but what struck me was how nice that male warden was allowing Pat’s son to jump over the fence to see his mum was awesome. That was until Vera caught her.

Episode 70

It’s all coming out now for Erica, fist with Pat seeing her son and lastly finding out that Karen was the one who got the message to Pat about her son. Though really, what did they expect? Whoever arranged for these men to work at Wentworth should have investigated who was in the group, especially if they have a relative in the prison they were going to work at.

LOL Bea offers to help Chrissie to get rid of her baby by slitting Chrissie’s throat. :coffeelaugh:

Now Chrissie wants to keep her baby. Is that because she thinks it will keep her safe from any beatings Bea might plan for her?

Doreen saying goodbye was a lovely touch, especially the piano playing in the background, but then when Lizzie chased her to give her the teddy it felt like the end of an era.

It was great to see Doreen talk about Mrs McBride back when she and Franky pretended to be nuns. Then it was really sad to learn that she had passed away.

Doreen’s mum has terminal cancer…

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Episode 71

I’m laughing at Jim catching Vera listening in to the doctor’s office while he’s chatting with Pat.

Lots of focus on Rosie who is about to lose her baby, you wouldn’t be sent to Coventry if you didn’t remember Rosie from the first couple of episodes where she was pregnant. I wonder if Vera’s comment about not saying she would kill herself will work in Rosie’s favour.

They’re all saying goodbye to Ros, only Bea is playing along because she believes Ros ain’t going anywhere.

Regarding Rosie losing her baby, I love it when they use the echo-box to illustrate how emotional a scene is, especially when the actress isn’t that good.

Ros is back, no surprise there, though getting life in prison is quite the opposite of what she was expecting. Just what will this do to the character now?

I’m feeling real sorry for Doreen’s mum, I just wish she would tell Doreen who she is.

Oh, wow, wow, wow!!! Doreen connected the perfume with her mother.

Episode 72

Lizzie reading Doreen’s letter and then asking if Ros wants to read it made me laugh and again when Lizzie asked to speak with the governor. Vera asking what it’s about, Lizzie says it’s private, resulting in Vera saying “then, keep it to yourself”. :floor:

Chrissie’s back story was tragic and I loved how it was revealed to Meg.

It’s Vera’s birthday tomorrow and she’s hoping to have a small party, Meg can’t make it, but Vera says it will be held in the staff room and she doesn’t have to stay long. Vera is a vicious manipulative rotten person most of the time, yet they always manage to write the character with so much vulnerability.

I’m glad Doreen went to visit her mum.

The fire Ros created as a distraction so she could have escaped was well thought out, though starting a fire in a cardboard box isn’t the brightest way to go about it. Not that it mattered, the whole thing was over in a minute or two, not even a build-up of the officers learning of her escape.

Ros turning up at the halfway house was a nice twist, but obviously a dumb move.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Episode 73

Doreen annoyed me by badgering Karen to allow Ros to stay with them.

I thought the cops turning up at the halfway house was because Karen had secretly contacted them. Instead, it’s down to Doreen’s mum falling into a coma.

It’s nice to see Meg and Chrissie finding some common ground.

Doreen’s mum dying shocked me, I thought she was in the show longer.

There is one annoying woman at the funeral, and we can all guess where this story will go, she’s going to want all she can get out of the mother’s death.

Bloody hell, Ros is back – I hope Karen calls the police.

I’m sick of the knocking at the door every time Ros is in the kitchen and now it looks like Doreen has gone on the run with Ros. She has taken Ros to her mother’s house and now Ros is worrying about the police and getting Doreen into trouble. How odd that she doesn’t feel the same way about the halfway house.

Doreen is crying because Ros has gone! If I were Karen, I would inform the police that Doreen was helping out escapee Ros; that way they would put Doreen back inside. Anything together out of that halfway house.

Oh, the cops realised Ros straight away.

Episode 74

Doreen is blaming Karen for Ros getting captured, even going so far as to call Karen a rotten bitch. Oh, Karen, make that phone call to the police now.

I love the idea of the prisoner writing their own play for Christmas, I hope this materialises into something good.

Vera tells Erica that Doreen has written two letters to Lizzie, so Erica decides she needs to read these. Why? What does she think she will find that the other officers missed and if there was/is something they missed, then maybe Erica should read all the mail?

All the pens and paper are missing, though Vera tells them she knows nothing about the disappearances.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Just thought I would peek my head in here and mention that I have recently started watching Wentworth, the Prisoner Cell Block H reboot on Amazon Prime and I am absolutely gripped by it. I am midway through season 4 in the space of just over a week. It's one of the best shows I have seen of late and everyone should check it out if they haven't already. Just like the original show, it's addictive and has characters you really care about and villains that you loath and detest. It's a brilliant show and I can not stop watching.

I contemplated watching Prisoner on Youtube but was overwhelmed at the volume of episodes, and the prospect of them vanishing like Sons & Daughters. I will be back here for a nosey soon though!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
have recently started watching Wentworth,
Wentworth is my favourite reboot of any series.

They've given a new meaning to the iconic characters from the original show and they've done an amazing job to recreate the stories within today's society. They've also done exceptionally well with the casting and I love how they've adapted some of the old stories in various directions, saving some characters and losing others.

I don't know if you're aware, or even if you've reached the story where Sonia Stevens comes into the show, look out for her as she is played by an actress from PCBH in the 70s/80s.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Episode 75

Pat’s mum is still bugging me. I can’t find out who the actress is because she wasn’t credited in the last episode Now I’m wondering if the receptionist called Sally ever gets credited.

Something else I want to point out, how many times does Erica say “I see” ? :hide:

Lizzie bonding with Vera in the garden over Christmas past was a lovely touch.

More lovely moments involving Vera when she started to open up a little about her past with Meg.

Doreen turns up at the prison with presents for her friends was hit by the biggest obstacle Wentworth has – Vera. So it was a really nice thing for Vera to do by bringing them in for the prisoners.

Gosh, things are really looking up, Vera stuck up for Doreen when they realised the cake was laced with liquor.

Pat is a great character, especially working as the moral compass for Bea and the others, but her story outside the prison is boring.

The play was great, seeing Bea take on Vera was priceless, followed by Lizzie as Fletch. :llooll:

Pat’s son has escaped, it will all end in tears, you mark my words. :cool1

I’m assuming this episode aired as close to Christmas day as it could, and it was a belting episode of humour and sadness.

Episode 76

Pat’s Son David has escaped and his mate helping him out is Stefan Dennis – Don’t it make you feel good that Paul Robinson is now part of the show?

Lizzie bursting in on Vera when she was eating a cake made me realise just how freely they can walk around the prison. There are staff lockers in that room too.

I thought it was very thoughtful when Ros said she didn’t give a damn about Doreen.

Doreen screaming and running off did that guy a favour, he really doesn’t need someone like Doreen in his life.

The shootout with Pat’s son, David, is announced on the radio which implied Greg could be dead.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Episode 77

Is Greg dead? I always believe that if a show is to kill off one of its main characters, they would make a big deal of it, otherwise it’s just a teaser as to what could happen.

Drunk Lizzie is always a pleasure to watch and even better when Fletcher Is laughing along with the rest of us.

I’m glad Pat is back inside, there are enough stories on the outside for me.

I love unstable characters, the more unstable the better, but not like David, he doesn’t come across as anything like unstable maybe it’s the age of the series, maybe I felt he was very unstable back when I was watching this in the 80s…

Pat seems very upset at the thought of her two young kids going into care. I imagine it would be devastating, but she was stupid for getting involved with her son who isn’t convincing me of an unstable guy. But wait, he’s found a target in Greg, maybe he shoots and kills Greg. That would be unstable enough for me.

Episode 78

Karen tells Doreen that she’s going to marry Greg and the fact they are doing it in four weeks is because they love each other. I wonder, does she think those with a longer engagement mean they don’t really love each other?

There is a picture of Greg kissing Karen in the paper, obviously, Vera calls it disgusting. :laughing:

The inmates are annoyed because the gates have been locked. Fancy that, in a prison of all places.:fp:

Fletcher’s mate Alf Stewart has called him from Summer Bay. Oh crap, I mean his old friend from the army, Geoff Butler calls him.

Vera and Meg are going for a drink. I hope we see this happen.

Greg’s phone is ringing, David has a shotgun pointing at him, he shoots and would you believe it, that woman starting sing “On the Inside” while another officer started closing the gates.

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is bloody brilliant and captures so many wonderful characters.

This threw me, I couldn't work out what the series was, but I loved seeing all those actors in a different. What is the series?
Not a series, i considered doing it in the style of The Love Boat or Howards Way but then thought i'd just create something new instead.

Alison Carr

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Episode 75

Pat’s mum is still bugging me. I can’t find out who the actress is because she wasn’t credited in the last episode Now I’m wondering if the receptionist called Sally ever gets credited.
Pat's Mum (Mrs Devlin) was played by Rosie Sturgess, this is her first of two characters in Prisoner