Rain, Rain And More Rain ..

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
It rained yesterday when I was out for dinner and drinks. I like the rain, when I am inside, and don't have to go out in it. I didn't like it yesterday when I had to run across town in it.

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Where I am, you can count on storms in the afternoons in this, the "rainy season". It's the "blink and you miss it" variety (usually), and not severe; it's rare there are any lightning strikes. People often comment (only half-jokingly) that it will rain on one side of the street and leave the other side high and dry.

It's actually a good thing to have these light showers every other day or so. The salt from the sea air will collect on cars and can corrode any scratches in your paint job, so a light wash every few days helps keep that from happening.

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
Reaction score
Medals
So for much a three-month heatwave they keep on talking about.

If the forecasters could actually be accurate with the forecast, here the forecast hasn't been remotely accurate all week, and if you are depending an dry weather, an accurate forecast doesn't go amiss.

Swami

Mo Mouse

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
It was raining yesterday when I went for a picnic in the country with Priya from Emmerdale. Her T-shirt was soaking wet.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
It was raining yesterday when I went for a picnic in the country with Priya from Emmerdale. Her T-shirt was soaking wet.
Humph! I wondered where you were all day!