Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
This is probably both ageist and sexist, but I avoid getting behind women -- particularly older women -- in any check out line. Given a choice between a line with 4 guys or 1 older woman, I'm standing behind the 4 guys; the line will almost certainly move faster. Older women seem to inevitably have to dig through their bottomless purses looking for (expired) coupons, before pulling out their checkbook like it's 1975. And then have the gall to slowly put everything back in their purse, while holding everyone else up.

This literally happened to me just now. It had the result of holding up the entire shop as well as the garage forecourt as no one was able to pay for their petrol. She was spilling out pennies from her purse.

This happens with women of all ages in the toilets as well. Only that I wouldn't use a man's bathroom (ok I did it once), I dread going to the ladies loos. I don't know what the hell they do in there.

One of the reasons I love Americans is that they tell it like it is. The Irish aren't outspoken enough and instead just huff and puff amongst themselves. I heard an American yell through a bathroom door once, 'Can you hurry up? Other people needing to use the bathroom here!'

Love it.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can’t even do a number two in public so not sure what these women’s trick is!

Something funny going on, isn't there?

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I work with a man who NEVER says hello. He uses the term 'ok', and not even as a question. 'Hi Robert!' 'OK'.

:pray:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I work with a man who NEVER says hello. He uses the term 'ok', and not even as a question. 'Hi Robert!' 'OK'.
It sounds like he's anticipating being asked how he is like the classic Australian TV character Effie, who greets people with "Hello, good thanks" without stopping in between.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hate people that are confusing. For example I have a supervisor who we can’t ask any questions. He will say don’t ask me anything, figure it out ur selves. He will use profanity and berate us for even asking him what to do. Then if you make the wrong decision he’ll ask you why did you do that? You people know nothing about business. I know the guy 21 years and he’s actually a pretty decent person but this kind of behavior drives me nuts!!

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I hate people that are confusing. For example I have a supervisor who we can’t ask any questions. He will say don’t ask me anything, figure it out ur selves. He will use profanity and berate us for even asking him what to do. Then if you make the wrong decision he’ll ask you why did you do that? You people know nothing about business. I know the guy 21 years and he’s actually a pretty decent person but this kind of behavior drives me nuts!!
Should NOT be a supervisor.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
He will use profanity and berate us for even asking him what to do.
Well, I'll top that one. Today while walking to work I bumped into one of my work mates. Now some background information is required here. The young guy has been studying chemistry at University and has been given an opportunity to work at one of leading hospitals. The contract itself runs through until April next year however our Store Manager has been kind enough to keep the young guy on if things don't work out. Unbeknown to any of our managers at work I've known for some time this work mates father has been suffering from Parkinson's disease as the young fellow told me in confidence. This morning he told me his dad passed away last week.

With everything's that's been going on he asked if I could tell the Store Manager this morning he was unable to work tomorrow. I asked, with his permission, if I could tell him why. He said yes. This morning prior to our business opening I informed the Store Manager so and so wouldn't be in tomorrow. Before I could get another word out he yelped a few expletives about young people today not wanting to work. He asked what his reason was.

I replied. His father passed away last week and he's not coping very well. The blood drained from the managers face. Looking rather embarrassed I left him by saying I'll give you a few moments to compose yourself.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I literally can’t take anymore of people holding up traffic by insisting they reverse into parking spaces.

Just drive into the damn space!!!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Amen and hallelujah to that!

What I really can't wrap my mind around are the people who back into angled spaces*. To get out of it, the driver has to enter and exit the space at a ridiculous angle that endangers the corner/bumper of the car next to them (and obviously their own car), whereas driving forward into them (and backing out when leaving) is a much easier angle...which is why the angled spaces are so much more prevalent in areas where parking is already tight. In many cities you'll get a ticket for parking the wrong way in a space.

1605909068014.png

* This is the type of parking situation I'm talking about. While trying to find this picture to depict what I'm talking about, I discovered some unique situations (I'm guessing tight, urban environments) where they purposely design "reverse-angle" parking spaces....but those are obviously going to have appropriate signage.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
by insisting they reverse into parking spaces.
You'd be as mad as hell with me then Sarah. I'm one of those people when wishing to park at my local shopping centre I'll reverse into the car park. First of all I make life a little easier for my fellow humans by doing the grocery shopping earlier in the day rather than later when it's absolute chaos. I find I'm not holding others up. Secondly it's a safety aspect I wish all shopping centres would implement. I've seen far too many near misses or hits when two drivers attempt to reverse out at the same time, resulting in dinted bumpers. The other safety aspect is too many parents are not watching their little kids. They have no understanding of road safety and are usually excited after seeing all the bells and whistles the shopping centres provide.

When I return to my car I have clear vision of what's happening in front of me when I attempt to drive off.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
It is apparently much safer @Rove so kudos to you.

Maybe I’ve just been unlucky enough to get stuck behind drivers who really don’t know how to do it properly and have to execute a 25 point turn to get into the space! :scream:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hate the word lunch, and LUNCHEON is even worse. Don't ever try to trick me into a luncheon appointment because the only thing you'll be chewing is the sole of my boot.