Random things you hate

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What I’m seeing a lot more of lately is people parking their car by the curb and just leaving it there when they go in a store. I guess they give up on finding a parking space but they’re parking in loading zones, no parking zones, and most importantly places where emergency response vehicles would have to park. So lazy and selfish!

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
gaining weight it's such a pain in the ass to lose it only sometimes to gain it back, or some of it anyways i've always wished we were the same weight all skinny man life would be just so much more easier don't you think?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What I’m seeing a lot more of lately is people parking their car by the curb and just leaving it there when they go in a store.
I see this a lot here, as well. Typically some old guy (Mr. Karen) is sitting in the car while his wife Granny Karen "went in just to get one quick item" or some variation on that statement. First of all, if the parking lot is so full that you can't get a normal parking space, then logic will dictate that the store is packed---and Karen will be standing in a long line to get that "one quick item", and those in line ahead of her most likely have many more items and will take even longer to check out. I have seen such people sitting in their cars in the fire lane/near the curb/in the yellow-striped area when I entered the store....and they'll still be sitting there when I exit with my things.

If I'm in a passive-aggressive mood I will walk past Mr. Karen and cheerily say to myself (loud enough for them to hear if the window is down) "Oh, I did not realize it was Make Up Your Own Parking Space Day." Won't deter them, but it makes me feel better.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
it's not nearly as bad as i was at the welfare office for an appointment a few years back and this guy came in with a cane they let him go to the front of the line okay not a big deal he leaves and as soon as he's out the door he walks to his car!

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
People that think going to a psychologist is pointless. I’m surprised that in this day and age there are still people that feel this way, especially with everything going on right now. Someone in my family just told us that they are feeling depressed and going regularly and they were openly mocked for it. I think that’s really a shame. We all have issues and sometimes we all need help. I wish we could get passed that kind of thinking.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i agree i think everyone on this planet is f... up in the head to some degree and yes i'm including myself i just think that we all are screwed up differently and some of us need the help and others do not. i do think they can help but it also helps if you find the right one too.

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
People that think going to a psychologist is pointless. I’m surprised that in this day and age there are still people that feel this way, especially with everything going on right now. Someone in my family just told us that they are feeling depressed and going regularly and they were openly mocked for it. I think that’s really a shame. We all have issues and sometimes we all need help. I wish we could get passed that kind of thinking.
There is a lyric from a song by The Herbaliser that some up my often amorphous thought in a way that has always eluded me.

"People are like grains of sand on the beach,
The same but something different about each,
So when we herbalise we speak the truth unglamororised"

I have been heartened by your comments, I don't consider asking for help as something that should be mocked. Everyone has a limit and the wise amongst us recognize that and act accordingly when necessary.

Belittling anyone who reaches out for help is something that I find offensive. Belittling anyone because of gender, colour, beliefs in a deity of choice and so on is something that I find repulsive.

Final thoughts, on a beautiful spring morning in 2009 a guy who I was getting to know stepped in front of a train . All for the want of have no one to speak to or unaware that there is help out there.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We all have issues and sometimes we all need help.
There is also a flip side to this. A young guy I work with regularly sees a therapist. The problem I and many others have with working this young man is he wishes to constantly talk about his mental health problems to the point many now avoid having their scheduled breaks with him...me included. His incessant talk the government doesn't do enough for mental health grates with me.

In 2006 the Australian Federal Government introduced a new service targeted towards 12-25 year olds dealing with mental health issues. There are numerous other facilities available to the broader community.

One day at work he mentioned it again about politicians not doing enough. I bit. I asked how much more can you expect the State and Federal Governments to do? I could easily rattle off numerous organisations willing to offer assistance...hell a whole industry has sprung up surrounding mental health.

So my burning question is. If people are seeking professional help at some point shouldn't they be improving albeit slightly? I don't see any improvements in this young guy at all. His constant negative talk affects others. He never acknowledges what is good about life.

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hate that the news media insists on making news stories fit preconceived narratives - even when the facts are unknown or run counter to the narrative. A couple of weeks ago when there was a mass shooting at several Atlanta area massage parlors some news reports made assertions that it was a hate crime prior to knowing the shooter's motive.

I recently watched a news commentary about the disparity in justice for Blacks versus Whites in the U.S. that claimed the shooting of Michael Brown was unjustified. One of the queens on RuPaul's Drag Race also referenced the Brown shooting in a recent episode. Two District Attorneys, a Grand Jury, the F.B.I. and the Civil Rights Division of the United States Justice Department (during the Obama presidency) all declined to prosecute Darren Wilson with them all concluding the physical evidence and credible witnesses supported Wilson; the "witnesses" who claimed Brown was standing away from Wilson with his hands raised saying "hands up, don't shoot" were not found to be credible - most weren't even at the scene at the time of the shooting. Yet the "hands up, don't shoot" story continues to be repeated - even by people who call themselves journalists.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Neighbors who don’t socialize. I’m noticing this a lot more than I used to and I think it was going on long before the virus so I won’t blame that. At least once a day I will say good morning to one of my neighbors and it’s like pulling teeth just to get a smile or a hello. I don’t know, I just wasn’t raised that way. If ur in my line of sight, I’m going to say good morning and ask you how ur doing. Is it too much to ask the same?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hate that the news media insists on making news stories fit preconceived narratives - even when the facts are unknown or run counter to the narrative. A couple of weeks ago when there was a mass shooting at several Atlanta area massage parlors some news reports made assertions that it was a hate crime prior to knowing the shooter's motive.
Oh, this is rampant, I'm afraid. It would not be as irritating if these people would just admit they're biased and are injecting their opinions into their reporting (that they're advocates rather than journalists), but they continue to maintain this rather obvious lie that they're objective reporters who have no opinions on the subject they're reporting on. It becomes quite obvious which 'side' they're on if you know what to listen for, but unfortunately they don't teach critical thinking in schools as much as they ought to. A disturbing number of people just take things reported on biased news outlets as the Gospel since they want to believe it's true.

In the situation you mention above, the minute it became clear that they were assigning an incorrect motive to the reasons for the crime, they did not correct the record---they simply stopped covering it. If the story/situation can't be used to push their narrative, it will barely get covered, if at all. And they will never admit they might have been wrong.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
i don't talk to my neighbors either but if they are close to me and i do see them which is a rarity i do say hello or wave at them and that's not everyday. as for the news it depends on where you watch it no doubt fox news lies so much that to me it feels like it's the #1 news channel that lies that much to the public but that doesn't mean that they are the only ones. the problem is that people believe everything on the news i don't watch the news i get my news on a you tube channel called ring of fire and the dude is a democrat but he calls out both sides if he thinks they are wrong.

that's how it should be done i think don't just say oh the Republicans are bad or the democrats are worse etc... i mean if you cover the news don't do that do some investigating and learn more info as much as you can before you say what's going on well as much as you can anyways. Fox doesn't do that nor does some other networks either, however the public doesn't get all the info either and some networks don't say all that's going on cause they don't want their base to know the truth fox is one of them. so when you have people who watch the news and give their own opinion on one thing they may not have all the info so they can think more about it and that's due to the network they like not telling them everything. than you have people that just don't give a shit and just don't feel like doing that, that's my opinion anyways

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
my neighbors pretty much stick to themselves and i'm okay with that none of them are disrespectful to me though one of them down the road likes to have her dog shit on our property other than that, i dunno if it's on purpose or not but i have a feeling she doesn't do it to just us she does to everyone she just doesn't pick any of it up that's all. we had a one that moved oh i dunno a year or two ago before the pandemic i think? and he was an old man who was the gossip of the neighborhood no joke yeah some women can be sure but around here we had 2 one was more nosier than the other and it was the old man. the other one is the one who has the dog.

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hate that the pop culture of today has turned me into an angry old man. Back in the 80s I sided with Frank Zappa and Dee Snider. Now I'm starting to think Tipper Gore had a valid point - not at the time - but most certainly today.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
yeah i'd hate that too my friend, i hate how music today sounds like ass from the newer music, i cannot name you one single band at all from the past 10 maybe 15 years that i think are any good let alone name any of them cause i've never even heard of 99.99% of them. that's due to not having MTV or VH1 showing videos anymore

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Life And Sad Ending Of - youtube videos.

Apart from being terribly clickbait-ish I also find it very judgmental, as if it's a failure to die (or fail).
There's some rotten people on that website.