Random YouTube Curiosities

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ever watch random videos on YouTube you'd like to share on Soapchat but there's no suitable thread to post them in? Well now there is!

No criteria. Totally random. Post whatever you like.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
So it´s about pets...and rarities. This one is good:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I recently found a lot of videos compiling openings of all the American shows by seasons, including some unaired ones. It´s a lot of fan for TV buffs because some are apparently interesting and others, well, are absolute trash! Of course, regarding the shows that did make it, it´s funny to see how many future Supersoap stars seemed to be bouncing from one show to the other until they found their big chance.

The one below is one example. You can see in it Pamela Bellwood as far from Claudia as she could get. There is also "The Waverly Wonders" aka the show that Larry Hagman ALMOST took instead of "Dallas", which is great to imagine an alternate universe... By the way, Kim Lankford is in this wearing braids, pretending she is not 20something!! And Rue McClanahan is everywhere too. Gotta love these kind of videos. And yes, that one with the headband is Jenna#2!!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I recently found a lot of videos compiling openings of all the American shows by seasons, including some unaired ones. It´s a lot of fan for TV buffs because some are apparently interesting and others, well, are absolute trash! Of course, regarding the shows that did make it, it´s funny to see how many future Supersoap stars seemed to be bouncing from one show to the other until they found their big chance.

Back in the 1970s and well into the 1980s, the three major networks would spend a lot of money on promoting their fall schedule. These segments are collected from those promotional materials, and although a lot of the shows disappeared quickly from their schedules, it's always fun to see the ones we actually remember (the hits) being promoted to people who've never heard of it. They're all treated with equal amounts of enthusiasm in the promos, even as 20/20 hindsight tells us some of them were absolute turkeys. I'm sure some of the stars recognized they were doing shows that would not make it, but at least they were getting paid! There was always a certain feeling of "let's throw everything against the wall and see what sticks" when developing shows back then.

I've seen several of these videos and they remind me of shows I'd long since forgotten, and it's obvious the maker of the videos loves brushing away the cobwebs in our heads.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Back in the 1970s and well into the 1980s, the three major networks would spend a lot of money on promoting their fall schedule. These segments are collected from those promotional materials, and although a lot of the shows disappeared quickly from their schedules, it's always fun to see the ones we actually remember (the hits) being promoted to people who've never heard of it. They're all treated with equal amounts of enthusiasm in the promos, even as 20/20 hindsight tells us some of them were absolute turkeys. I'm sure some of the stars recognized they were doing shows that would not make it, but at least they were getting paid! There was always a certain feeling of "let's throw everything against the wall and see what sticks" when developing shows back then.

I've seen several of these videos and they remind me of shows I'd long since forgotten, and it's obvious the maker of the videos loves brushing away the cobwebs in our heads.

These videos have also reminded me that Spanish public TV used to buy (almost) everything done in US at the 80s (and 50% of what they did in UK) because the national production was so poor...and "academic" (basically adaptations from classic novels since the money used to come from our national network, the only one until 1984)...

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hope you find this funny and start the year with a big laughter:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I had a benign lipoma on the back of my neck years ago which turned out to be the size of a golf ball -- and since it was barely protruding, that means the golf ball was entirely inside. Once it was removed, I could do math.

I had another one which came up on my head, but I squooshed that one out myself. Gross, yes, but necessary. And cheaper than a doctor.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
My ex (who was a liar) had a huge golfball type lump on the back of his neck which he claimed was a football injury for when he played for the Albanian football team (!?)

Then when he left me stealing money, he came back and suddenly it was cancer.

In between times he had been to Germany and the cancer was cured.

A miracle.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is another very dumb video that made me laugh. Now we know where Katherine Wentworth has been hiding all this time... Morgan, is that you?