• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Rip, Peter Tork.......

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
hey hey with the Monkees!!

Sorry to hear that, used to watch the show as a kid

RIP Peter Tork

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, no!! :(

It took me a while to realize he was actually The Cute One.

A friend of mine once met him ~20 years ago and said he really was very nice -- even sweetly asked her for a hug, which she provided.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
When I was a child, The Monkees would to be repeated during school holidays and Peter Tork was always my favourite one. It's sad news that he has now gone.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Monkees are one of those things that go beyond merely being a favourite show or a favourite group. They've become part of our culture.

When I heard this on the radio this morning they paid "tribute" with Daydream Believer - a knee-jerk reaction, probably the only one they had handy. TJames03's choice of "For Pete's Sake" above (which Tork wrote) is much more fitting.

This one was his only lead vocal of the classic Monkees era, a novelty-type song in keeping with the persona they saddled him with on the show.

And here he is providing a nice counterpoint to Davy's lead on a more serious number.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Tork had been on my mind recently, in December and January, having just purchased the two MONKEES seasons om DVD.