• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Riverdale Riverdale

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm watching it, just caught to the third episode!

I don't enjoy teen dramas all that much, and yet I've watched both this and 13 REASONS WHY, but only through binging on them. They don't appeal to me on a weekly basis, but once I have all the episodes available, I can sit and enjoy them over a few days or in one week.

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't enjoy teen dramas all that much, and yet I've watched both this and 13 REASONS WHY, but only through binging on them. They don't appeal to me on a weekly basis, but once I have all the episodes available, I can sit and enjoy them over a few days or in one week.

I don’t like 13 REASONS WHY it’s far too depressing

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So far season 3 is shaping up to becoming much better than season 2, last nights 90s episode was brilliant.

Though I’m not certain, but even though this seemed to be the early 90s there seemed to be a lot of 80s songs being played, however if this episode was set circa 1990-94 then those years were an 80s extension.

Once again Betty shines through as ever, bit unnerving seeing last nights cliffhanger though.....

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I stopped watching in March after that "weekend getaway" with Archie, Veronica, Jughead and Betty. Can't bring myself to watch it again.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I thought KJ did a good job channeling 90's era Luke Perry in this week's episode.

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I stopped watching in March after that "weekend getaway" with Archie, Veronica, Jughead and Betty. Can't bring myself to watch it again.

How come?? Season 3 so far is much better than season 2.

I thought KJ did a good job channeling 90's era Luke Perry in this week's episode.

I know!

I was expecting him to say “I love you Bren”

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is anyone still watching RIVERDALE?
The couples are being mixed up now finally,
Veronica is now seemingly with Reggie, so I hope Betty/Archie happens in season4!

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm still watching but I'm about three or four weeks behind. I'll have a binge soon. I've sort of felt like they were building towards pairing Reggie and Veronica (who are dating in realy life) the entire season, so I'm not surprised if they are together now.

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm still watching but I'm about three or four weeks behind. I'll have a binge soon. I've sort of felt like they were building towards pairing Reggie and Veronica (who are dating in realy life) the entire season, so I'm not surprised if they are together now.

Veronica/Reggie have way more chemistry too, of course this is down to them dating in real life, but I think Varchie has faltered now, I heard a rumour that Bughead may split too this season, I wonder if this has anything to do with Evelyn from the cult? I hope they do split since couples on long running shows need to be mixed up.

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Archie/Josie is set to happen but apparently not for long.

Josie could leave Riverdale and join the new spin off Katy Keane, which is apparently set several years after Riverdale? (The timeline is confusing me more than One Tree Hill’s jumping time line, they skipped four years then another two years two seasons later!)

Honestly I think the writers are deliberately putting off Betty/Archie simply because they don’t want to upset Bughead fans.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a26138528/riverdale-spin-off-katy-keene-josie-mccoy-pussycats/

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just watched the first episode. It seemed to have a nice TWIN PEAKS/Lana Del Ray/Twilight vibe going on at the beginning, but once people started talking, it mostly reminded me of DAWSON'S CREEK, only without that special ache.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I just watched the first episode. It seemed to have a nice TWIN PEAKS/Lana Del Ray/Twilight vibe going on at the beginning, but once people started talking, it mostly reminded me of DAWSON'S CREEK, only without that special ache.
Yes! Season 1 was ok soapiness. I got disappointed and distracted in season 2... I keep wondering if I should go back?

JROG

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I finally gave in and tried out Season 1. To my surprise, I got hooked and binged it quite fast. I think it's a soapy and decent show, and the Jason mystery kept me interested. The acting started off really good but I think has become staid since, with the exception of KJ Apa, who's not... well... particularly good. But thank God for his looks. Thank God for all the men's looks. It also occasionally captures a really cool mood/atmosphere but I wish it kept it going.

Two episodes into Season 2 so far, and I am a little nervous that the focusing power of the Jason mystery is missing. That being said, the new central story seems intriguing enough so far. Hopefully a good season 1 won't lead to a disaster season 2.

AndyB2008

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Titanic
Riverdale was shown by Channel 5 on their 5* channel here in the UK, but failed to get an audience.

The first season aired in a primetime slot but by the end was being aired at 1am. (Pretty common for C5 to move low rating shows - Suits was bought by their Paramount Network channel because of who was playing Rachel Zane, but when that failed to attract audiences even with her in it, it moved from 9pm to almost midnight, with a Kaitlyn Olson sitcom, The Mick, and Will and Grace repeats taking priority).

The 2nd season had 5* stripping it daily at 5pm with the Neighbours repeat airing after it. It was as if C5 were trying to capitalise on KJ Apa being Australasian and being in a soap once upon a time.

Unfortunately it meant Riverdale, at 5pm, was against Neighbours - +1 transmissions saw it against The Simpsons, Home and Away and Hollyoaks. I believe it got little audience.

C5 haven't picked up further seasons since.

Last edited: