In the Spotlight with.. rlr718

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But I also have an interest in photography and have dabbled in that. Strictly amateur.
I prefer to photograph landscapes but have also taken some photos of people and cityscapes. Really just skylines. I will gather some shots and post them.
as promised here are some photos I have take. The oldest is almost 25 years old.

744BD820-AAC0-4A67-820F-E405840AB42E.jpeg

D84CBFDC-F46A-429C-BA43-E39A2C891E27.jpeg

C1C18E0E-A569-4B2A-8100-CAE7E4F7FC67.jpeg

K

Karin Schill

Thanks for answering my questions @rlr718
Thank you also for sharing your beautiful photos with us. The New York skyline sure looked different 20 years ago.

I honestly have only seen a few episodes of dynasty. I’ve never seen knots landing or falcon crest and only clips of Dallas. So by default dynasty. I do know the histories from reading about them here and on the web. I did start nudynasty but fell behind and missed out on episodes because the cw app only has the 5 most recent episodes. I did watch melrose place for a few years and models inc as well as Central Park west. I’d like to revisit those and watch the big 4 from the beginning as well.

Wow! You are in for a real treat then. :cool:
I haven't watched Central Park West but IMHO the big 4 soaps of the 1980s are lots better than Melrose Place and Models Inc. So when you do get around to watch them you have some great TV to discover. The tempo of the first seasons are a bit slow though. So give it until the second seasons and then it starts being addictive TV. The best thing about the 80s soaps are the characters. They are well fleshed out and you get to follow them for many years. So you really get to know them.

Well I was going to put a gif in here but it seems it won’t paste in. :fist:
The gif basically is me being left speechless.

edit - I was able to figure it out thank you to @Jason73
I was going to answer with just these on this question. Oh and oops how did capt tightpants aka Caleb the preacher get in there.....

I know! :lol:
Totally not fair to ask that question as it's impossible to pick one over the other!

The return with Sarah Michelle gellar. It’s a classic suspense with a supernatural twist. I thought well done and very under rated.

That is a great choice. I need to rewatch it some day. :)
I have most of SMG's movies on DVD.

Then finally some more questions:

1) Which other tv-series or movies have you seen with the BTVS or Angel cast?
2) If you could live a year abroad, where would you like to spend it?
3) How old where you when you got your first own camera?
4) Which are the must see places of NYC that you would recommend to a tourist?
5) Have you ever seen a Broadway show, if so which one?

rlr718

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for answering my questions @rlr718
Thank you also for sharing your beautiful photos with us. The New York skyline sure looked different 20 years ago.
Thank you @Karin Schill :dance1:
The photo with the twin towers I took in November 1996. The other skyline shot in color I took in July 2007. The current tower obviously was not up yet but I think they had started building or were about to.

Wow! You are in for a real treat then. :cool:
I haven't watched Central Park West but IMHO the big 4 soaps of the 1980s are lots better than Melrose Place and Models Inc. So when you do get around to watch them you have some great TV to discover. The tempo of the first seasons are a bit slow though. So give it until the second seasons and then it starts being addictive TV. The best thing about the 80s soaps are the characters. They are well fleshed out and you get to follow them for many years. So you really get to know them.
I will watch Dallas first as that right now seems to be the most accessible, I just have to prepare myself for a long haul as it’s what 14 seasons?

I know! :lol:
Totally not fair to ask that question as it's impossible to pick one over the other!
That was a trick question! Lol

That is a great choice. I need to rewatch it some day. :)
I have most of SMG's movies on DVD.
I really enjoyed it too it’s very underrated. I’m due for a viewing.

Then finally some more questions:
Let’s get to it!

1) Which other tv-series or movies have you seen with the BTVS or Angel cast?
I saw David boreanaz in that film valentine it was ok. Emma caulfield in darkness falls which was also ok.
I watched SMG in ringer which I loved. I was disappointed when it was canceled. I also saw her in the movie Veronika decides to die which was from the novel by Paulo coehlo and I read that. As usual the book was better.
I also tried to watch David b in bones but couldn’t get into it.
I saw Eliza in doll house which I never finished either.
I actually haven’t seen a lot that the stars have been in but I have guest actors guest in a lot of other shows.

2) If you could live a year abroad, where would you like to spend it?
2 options here, the UK or Germany. So much fascinating history in both as well as all the other European countries but these are my first 2 stops.

3) How old where you when you got your first own camera?
Oh jeez I remember having a Kodak disc camera in 1983, so I was 9. does anyone else remember these? I thought I was all that AND a bag of chips.

3C72DDEC-6860-4532-B9B2-C62D280AABA9.jpeg

4) Which are the must see places of NYC that you would recommend to a tourist?
I have always avoided tourist areas in the city, when ve gone into the city I have someplace I have to be and don’t have time to wade through the people snapping photos and staring at the high rises. I have never been to the top of the Empire State Building, I was never to the top of the trade center either but was pretty close, my dad, cousin and I all worked in tower 2, my working there was a visiting capacity but I worked there none the less on the 89th floor.
I would say any of the museums, I’m particularly fond of the museum of natural history,and the intrepid air and space museum.

5) Have you ever seen a Broadway show, if so which one?
I saw Annie way back when I was a child, I also saw the lion king in 1998 it was fantastic! Have also seen a couple of off off broadway plays.

K

Karin Schill

Thank you for your answers @rlr718

I will watch Dallas first as that right now seems to be the most accessible, I just have to prepare myself for a long haul as it’s what 14 seasons?

Yes. Dallas originally had 13 seasons and a mini-series. But when the DVD's came out they renamed the mini-series to "season one." It only has five episodes.
The rest of the seasons ranges from 22 episodes/season to 31 episodes/season. So there's a lot of episodes to enjoy. :D

I think Dynasty is also quite easily accessible, as all seasons are out on DVD too. But Dallas is a great start as that show came out first. It's also my most favorite out of the four shows followed by Knots Landing, Dynasty and Falcon Crest.

I saw David boreanaz in that film valentine it was ok. Emma caulfield in darkness falls which was also ok.
I watched SMG in ringer which I loved. I was disappointed when it was canceled. I also saw her in the movie Veronika decides to die which was from the novel by Paulo coehlo and I read that. As usual the book was better.
I also tried to watch David b in bones but couldn’t get into it.
I saw Eliza in doll house which I never finished either.
I actually haven’t seen a lot that the stars have been in but I have guest actors guest in a lot of other shows.

I have seen pretty much the same shows and movies that you have. Except I saw Eliza in "Tru Calling" instad of "Dollhouse."
I also saw Emma Caulfield in "Beverly Hills 90210" but that was before Buffy. On my 90210 rewatch after Buffy I came to enjoy her character a lot more!
I was also sad they cancelled "Ringer" so prematurely. I also saw some potential in "The Crazy Ones". It's a shame that both of SMG's comeback roles to TV only lasted a season. DB did fare a lot better with Bones. I watched all seasons of that. :)

Oh jeez I remember having a Kodak disc camera in 1983, so I was 9. does anyone else remember these? I thought I was all that AND a bag of chips.

I don't remember that camera. I got my first one in 1985 or 1986 I think. I remember it was quite flat and you had a special lightbulb that you put on top to take photos with flash.

I have always avoided tourist areas in the city, when ve gone into the city I have someplace I have to be and don’t have time to wade through the people snapping photos and staring at the high rises. I have never been to the top of the Empire State Building, I was never to the top of the trade center either but was pretty close, my dad, cousin and I all worked in tower 2, my working there was a visiting capacity but I worked there none the less on the 89th floor.
I would say any of the museums, I’m particularly fond of the museum of natural history,and the intrepid air and space museum.

Thank you for the suggestions. I visited NYC for the first time last year together with my sister. We both loved it. :usa:
It must have been a special place to work at the WTC. One of my friends did too, we met her last year when in NYC. She loved working there.
I am almost afraid to ask, but were you, your dad and cousin working on 9/11?

I hope that your dad and cousin are also fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
A big thank you to everyone who took part in this thread
and to rlr718 for sharing with us a special part of his life.

We have had some fantastic question, with equally fabulous answers.​