Robert Wagner in Dynasty

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have this dreamy idea of Robert in the Dynasty power world. But who would he portray? Bad or good? Fallon's sexy lover or Alexis' secret partner in crime ready to take over Denver Carrington and bring Blake to his knees?

Robert in the 70's and 80's was so hot! Yummy.

Your opinions matter. So give it to me. ;)

Last edited:

Chippie

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I love it! How about Robert Wagner as part of the Consortium? or he would as a love interest for Sable? (obviously I am thinking of him coming in in season 10) If we are talking about earlier - how about as Blake's brother? He would have been more of a threat to Blake - as Wagner comes off as charming, charismatic and at least did not have an British accent! I liked Christopher Cazenove but not in the role of Ben - he was too weak and smarmy

James from London

International Treasure
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Wagner was/is big pals with Mart Boys in the Band Crowley through Natalie Wood. As well as producing Hart to Hart, Mart wrote an episode or two of The Colbys so maybe he'd have ended up there instead. He could have played a kindly alien in Season 3 like Mrs Hart to Hart did in The Six Million Dollar Man.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
He's also really good friends with Joan Collins so it could have happened I guess. Except he was probably pretty busy himself and didn't need a gig on Dynasty to stand around in a tux and not do anything for 20 episodes or what?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Except he was probably pretty busy himself and didn't need a gig on Dynasty to stand around in a tux and not do anything for 20 episodes or what?
Maybe he was on Dynasty and they cut out all his "doing nothing" scenes. They'd still have to pay him of course but what's wrong with easy money? Even famous actors have to pay the bills.

He could have played Daniel Reece but if I had the choice I'd rather put THE Rock Hudson in the opening credits (because that's what it was all about, of course).
And Robert Wagner didn't look particularly hot anymore, an aging actor who's enjoyed the good life, but apparently that's perfectly OK for male actors.
Then I'd rather watch Sean Connery as Daniel or Ben, because he never stopped being sexy.
Here he is, with Dallas Queen Angelica Nero:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know for Robert Wagner but I think Stefanie Powers would have been great as Francesca.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I also wanted someone of the same age than John Forsythe. Blake should have been attracted to a very clever mind, not a pretty lady (especially since he was already married to a pretty lady - and much MUCH prettier that Ali McGraw).
I thought on that when I saw John Forsthe with Ursula Andress on a "Love Boat" episode. They were a great match.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I also wanted someone of the same age than John Forsythe. Blake should have been attracted to a very clever mind, not a pretty lady (especially since he was already married to a pretty lady - and much MUCH prettier that Ali McGraw).
I thought on that when I saw John Forsthe with Ursula Andress on a "Love Boat" episode. They were a great match.
I always wanted Hepburn because it would have made the May/December love affair with John James' Jeff actually be a May/December thing. But yes, it also would have gave more credence to Blake's interest in Lady Ashley had she been of his generation. They were also from that 1960s movie star era. It would have been perfect. And Hepburn could have pulled off those McGraw hairstyles with ease and class and looked great while doing so. She would have just been so coolly confident.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Robert Wagner--criminal; criminal that he was never on DYNASTY I mean :D

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But wouldn't Ursula as Lady Ashley be like Bo as Rita Lesley?? Ha!

I like the idea of Audrey Hepburn as Ashley, too, and she was apparently a big fan of the show, amazingly. But I can't see her doing it.

I'd prefer Elizabeth Taylor to have appeared in the role rather than her HOTEL role that same year. But I suspect Taylor knew DYNASTY's scripts were a problem; plus, she told the rumormongers to stop gossiping that he was joining the cast of DYNASTY when she wasn't -- something I suspect Esther was behind, but who knows...?

BTW: I always want to change Ashley Mitchell's last name (her moniker is far too cutely GWTW-esque) for something like, say, Lady Ashley Fonteyn (too THE STUD-ish?) or perhaps Lady Ashley Foch.

Yes? No?

I have just realized that Andress was 46 in the "Love Boat" episode ! :eck: http://blandwagon.blogspot.fr/2015/03/aging.html
Frankly, she looked much older, like 60 ! :lol:

Hepburn would have been great but the producers could not paid her. Linda Evans has a clause in the contract that prevent the producers to pay any actress more than her. https://news.google.com/newspapers?...pIsAAAAIBAJ&sjid=kvsDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6962,2117785
Even Joan Collins was paid less that her (except in season 9).
Yes and no. Linda and John both had clauses, common for original cast members, that no "regular" cast member could be paid more than they.

The exception however is when the actor gets a "Special Guest Star" billing, and then they can get whatever they can wrestle out of the producers' fists. Had Sophia Loren taken the role of Alexis, as she almost did, it would have been as a "Special Guest Star" for six episodes -- the original intention for the character's longevity. But when they realized they'd need Alexis for all 22 episodes, the new show didn't have enough money to pay her that huge salary for an entire year.

And, yes, Joan didn't become TV's highest paid actress until Linda left.

But that's why Heather Locklear received a "Special Guest Star" billing for 7 years: as a late-comer to MELROSE PLACE, that was the only way they could get around the original cast's contracts.

Last edited by a moderator:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In the bible, Ashley was called Noella Keynes. Even in the first version of her first script she was called like that. I don't know why it was changed but Maybe Ali MacGraw did not like it.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Hepburn would have been great but the producers could not paid her. Linda Evans has a clause in the contract that prevent the producers to pay any actress more than her. https://news.google.com/newspapers?...pIsAAAAIBAJ&sjid=kvsDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6962,2117785
Even Joan Collins was paid less that her (except in season 9).

Very strange article. First it says that Raquel Welch was supposed for the part that Ali MAcGraw later got, but Welch's people wanted $50.000 for an episode, which "didn't go down well". Then a few lines later they say, that MacGraw wanted $50.000 (as well) and "hit the mark" with that exact same price. Huh?! :confused: :fp:

Last edited:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Very strange article. First it says that Raquel Welch was supposed for the part that Ali MAcGraw later got, but Welch's people wanted $50.000 for an episode, which "didn't go down well". Then a few lines later they say, that MacGraw wanted $50.000 (as well) and "hit the mark" with that exact same price. Huh?! :confused: :fp:
I guess it means that Ali MacGraw was worth the deal but not Raquel Welch.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
I don't know. To me it just reads like gossip blah blah and insert some weird numbers here and there. I don't believe ANY of those numbers in these kind of "articles", not those about Evans and certainly not those about Collins.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
At least the salaries are right or almost. Joan Collins got 42.500 dollars during season 5.

Attachments

• lf.jpg
    lf.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Grant Jennings

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've long imagined Robert Wagner in season 10:

Alexis is still having money troubles, Adam suggests she sell "The Mirror" and the publishing company. Robert Wagner plays billionaire media tycoon Malcolm Villiers who expresses an interest in buying the businesses to add to his empire but he insists on getting to know Alexis first. The two have an affair.

Meanwhile, Blake seeks Sable's help in returning the stolen artworks to their rightful owners. Sable arranges an exhibit with proceeds going to a charity which will locate the original owners or their heirs (Kirby is the charity's European liaison). Alexis and Villiers arrive at the exhibit when Sable turns pale and feels faint. Blake turns to Sable and asks her what is wrong "it's him, oh no, it's him!" Blake, looking shocked says "do you mean him?"

Last edited: