Roscoe Born dies at 69

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
He was an amazing actor, always taking each role he played and making it into a unique and memorable character. I found him sexy on Santa Barbara as Robert/Quinn and repulsive on One Life to Live as Mitch.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
Robert was a viable spoiler for the Cruz/Eden relationship, mainly down to how magnetic Roscoe was in the role.

cijimccashin

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
So agreed on everything you said Jason. He’s one of my favorite daytime actors. Cruz/eden/Robert is one of the best triangles ever in daytime I’m about to rewatch it over on YouTube so I watch him looking his best. He brought me so much delight in the last few of one life to live. That funeral scene with him popping out the casket is so iconic to me especially at a time when i was losing interest with the soaps. Thank and you will be miss Roscoe.RIP

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
His final turn on One Life was indeed incredible. They knew the show wasn't going to survive much longer, so they went full-tilt crazy with what would be Mitch's final go-around...and Born made it all work. Mitch was one of those characters that kind of had to make an appearance before they could wrap the show up, since he'd screwed up so many lives with his lies and schemes. When announcing Born's passing, one of the soap sites used a photo of Born with Erika Slezak, both smiling broadly. It sent a shiver down my spine for a second, since "Mitch and Viki" should never be smiling at one another!

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
Cruz/eden/Robert is one of the best triangles ever in daytime I’m about to rewatch it over on YouTube so I watch him looking his best.
That triangle was really one of the last times I found Santa Barbara unmissable. I saw that someone has up loaded all or at least a big chunk of their storyline. I'm tempted to start re-watching it.

TJames03

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
All of his characters were the same, sorry. I remember when he abruptly left AMC in a lurch by simply not showing up for work and them having to do an emergency recast.

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
Reaction score
Medals
I remember him as Nick Rivers on The City (seen here with Morgan Fairchild). I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

Ray&Donna

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
I remember him more from PAPER DOLLS (paired with Morgan Fairchild) reruns than anything else. I vaguely remember him on OLTL since I watched its final year. Also, CBS re-aired him threatening Ashley in Michael and Lauren's wedding episode of Y&R a few times.