Rupaul's Drag Race : Season 10

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Is anyone else watching? The first episode of season 10 premiered last Thursday and can now be seen on Netflix (except in the US).

I watched my first episode of RPDR in January and immediately became totally addicted. It's just so entertaining! Since then I have binged watched all the seasons and have been eagerly awaiting the new one. The season premiere was awesome and I must say I am very impressed with this years queens. Usually at least a third of them I don't warm to or am not that interested in (to start with at least) but this year it's one hell of a line up and they are all interesting and fabulous in their own way.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Have to totally drag this thread back up again. Pun intended.
So over the last few weeks in lockdown I have been blasting threw all of Rupaul's Drag Race on Netflix. I had originally watched the very first season way back in like 2009 and loved it. However because of work and stuff and I think e4 may have dropped the show, I just didn't get to see all of the second season and eventually it just fell off my viewing list. I had always wanted to go back and re-watch but was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of seasons. It's a bit like trying to do a re-watch of America's Next Top Model from the beginning. I mean who has that much time on their hands... Well low and behold there is a Rupocalypse and I have nothing but time on my hands.

I went there. I went back the start and have now blitzed my way through nine seasons and just finished the season 9 finale. So this is all old news really but I have been addicted to the show. It's been so entertaining as I cant go out now. I cant go see my best gay friends. I cant go see a great drag show and I cant be living my best life on lockdown when all I am doing is eat and feel anxiety for the poor hairdresser that has to cut my hair when this is all over.

It's been amazing and I actually had to stop myself and not go straight into season 10. I felt like I needed a breather and to come here and see if there was much talk about the show here and I am shocked that there isn't more. There is just so much I feel like I need to discuss on this show and the contestants. Is anyone currently watching? Or is anyone playing catch up like me?

I have to say when I started watching from the beginning, as it got past season two it was still a surprise for me as to who won each season. I somehow just didn't know the winner as it seemed that every season multiple queens would become famous to a degree so it was always a shock. Some of the lip syncs I saw through memes but that was out of context and so I didn't know who won etc. So it's still an exciting show to watch even though I'm playing catch up.
It's a fierce competition and it's so cut throat. I don't think any reality show is like this. I don't think there is that amount of competition and hunger to win on anything else I have watched. It's fascinating to watch for that and also because even though these drag queens would sell their own mother to win and can be very shady and bitchy there is usually a lot of heart that shows through. I have loved hearing the personal stories of the queens and their journey. It's a bit of escapism and it's an uplifting show too.
And.... There's usually at least one really cute boy I like every season.

Now I know I am late to all of this... But please, discuss....

Last edited:

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Finally someone else on the board is a Drag Race fan!!! Well, I know there are a few more but nobody has ever seemed to want to talk about it. It's probably my favourite show on TV right now and I have watched every season, every All Stars season, most of the Untucked and now the Celebrity Secret Drag Race too. Plus I watch Youtubers who review the episodes. So I am a bone fide drag race addict.

I went back the start and have now blitzed my way through nine seasons and just finished the season 9 finale. So this is all old news really but I have been addicted to the show. It's been so entertaining as I cant go out now.
I did the same when I discovered Drag race. I started on season 6 (One of the best!!) and then watched till I had no more to watch then went back to the start. It was a time when I was having lots of health issues and was in bed a lot and Drag Race really was a godsend. Like you say total escapism, and lots of laughs too.

It's fascinating to watch for that and also because even though these drag queens would sell their mother to win and can very shady and bitchy there is usually a lot of heart that shows through. I have loved hearing the personal stories of the queens and their journey.
It really does have a lot of heart and has raised a lot of important issues over the years, even if sometimes it's a little contrived, there having been some truly moving moments and stories that needed to be heard.

Are you also watching the Untucked along with each episodes? It's a lot more to watch but, especially in earlier seasons, so many iconic moments happen in Untucked. It's not so good these days cause they used to let them have a lot more alcohol back then plus queens weren't as PC or worried about online backlashes as they are today. When you run out of episodes of the main show to watch you could think about binging on some of the Untucked seasons if you haven't already.

And then of course you have AllStars to look forward to. Oh my, AllStarts 2, you are in for a treat, might be one of the best, most iconic seasons of Drag race ever. Season 1 is a bit of a mess cause they went with a shitty format but the rest are pretty fun.

Who are some of your favourite queens??

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Are you also watching the Untucked along with each episodes?
I haven't actually watched any Untucked... I have just been burning through the Drag Race episodes one after another. I maybe am gonna go back to untucked when I finish the whole show. It has been my mission to just get totally caught up to where they are now. I am also excited to get into AllStars too because some queens I liked got voted out soon.

Who are some of your favourite queens??
Oh there are so many.... It goes back so long. I think from earlier seasons I loved Nina Flowers, liked Raven, loved Raja, Ivy Winters was a cute boy, I am obsessed with Katya! She's my spirit animal and I am into him/her. I also love Trixie, Detox, Sharon Needles, Chad Michaels, Bianca Del Rio. I like Willam but don't think he came off in a good way on Drag Race. He's much funnier online and in other things. I don't think he comes across well on the show at all. I also like Alaska but don't think she came off so well on the show. Another one who is really funny but that didn't translate so much. I loved Valentina too but that all seemed to bomb quickly. I loved Pearl too and she was a hot boy as well but her personality, I don't think came off so well on the show either. A lot of them that seems to happen. Maybe it's in the editing or they just don't thrive in that sort of under a microscope environment.

This season, (10) Dusty Ray Bottoms is a cute boy, but his drag I don't get. It's a bit tragic, also why isn't his name Dusty Belle Bottoms? I don't get the name! The other really hot guy is Kameron Michaels. His drag is ok, but I don't think he's funny at all.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
liked Raven, loved Raja,
Do you ever watch Fashion Photo Review with Raja and Raven? Not sure how many seasons it goes back but it's about a 10 minute show on YT where they review all the looks from the main stage of every episode. It's lots of fun and Raven especially can be quite bitchy. There is definitely one for each episode of season 10 so it might be a fun thing to watch after each episode. I never miss it.

I am obsessed with Katya! She's my spirit animal and I am into him/her. I also love Trixie
Love Katya and Trixie!!! They also have their own YT show which his hilarious. Definitely worth a watch.

I also like Alaska but don't think she came off so well on the show.
I adore Alaska, she is maybe my favourite of the lot. She also has a YT show with her brother Corey who is so adorable, I love him, and they are great together. It's called Bro'Laska. It's so funny.

You get to see a lot more from Katya, Trixie and Alaska on Allstars.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Do you ever watch Fashion Photo Review with Raja and Raven? Not sure how many seasons it goes back but it's about a 10 minute show on YT where they review all the looks from the main stage of every episode. It's lots of fun and Raven especially can be quite bitchy. There is definitely one for each episode of season 10 so it might be a fun thing to watch after each episode. I never miss it.
I just discovered this a few days ago and have watched a few episodes. I will have to go and investigate more.
Love Katya and Trixie!!! They also have their own YT show which his hilarious. Definitely worth a watch.
I love their show on YouTube. It cracks me up! It's hysterically funny. Katya kills me, but the two of them together is brilliant. How they roll off each other and are so honest about stuff they probably shouldn't even be talking about but they don't give a shit. It's great!
I adore Alaska, she is maybe my favourite of the lot. She also has a YT show with her brother Corey who is so adorable, I love him, and they are great together. It's called Bro'Laska. It's so funny.
I got to know Alaska after seeing her season, I had started watching Willam's YouTube channel and found Alaska very very funny. He reminds me so much of my best friend. With that droll dry wit. I love Alaska but I didn't get that at all coming from her on the actual show. There seemed to not be that much confidence, well not until near the end of the season. I think it took her a while to get her groove.
You get to see a lot more from Katya, Trixie and Alaska on Allstars.
I am up to the reunion episode of season 10. So I am almost caught up then I am going to go and watch the Allstars. I was shocked when Ru first put 3 queens in the live final. Then really confused when she just put 4 queens in the season 10 final! I feel like Aquaria is going to be the winner even thought I cant really stand her. I'm glad Kameron Michaels made it to the final. I love that he's so hot as a guy, and is actually a little sweetheart and not a bitchy queen, and yet he still gives great drag. I think that all the queens who made it to the final of season 10 are great drag queens. I just don't like Aquaria's personality. I feel like she's been coached a lot and helped a lot by people and is actually pretty dumb as a person. However that's just my unfounded personal opinion.

Last edited:

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
I've done the same thing during all this "stay at home" business - binged Drag Race nonstop. I started with six and then did five and have since gone back and watched 1-4. I just finished four and Sharon Needles is my favorite queen so far. I also really loved Willam and her "I don't give a sh*t" attitude. Willam was a regular in a tv series I watched and he was pretty good in it. Have you read his tweets about what he says really went down behind the scenes of his season?

Besides Sharon, favorites so far have been Alaska, Jinx, and Bianca. I also love Jujubee. I think he's so funny and so cute out of drag.

I'm about three episodes into All Stars season 1. I love the queens they brought back, but the format/twist is a horrible choice and pretty much is ruining the season for me.

I'm also watching the current season. My favorite queen of this season went home this week--though I knew she wasn't going to make it to final three. It's been an interesting season with all the editing around Sherry.

I only have season 2 of All Stars left that's available to stream here. If I want to watch seasons 7-11 I'll have to buy them on iTunes. I'm so addicted to the show, I'll probably do it.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Just finished the season 10 reunion episode and was a bit shocked to see how the other queens felt about Kameron. It's a lot different to how she was shown on the show. About to go into season 10 finale now.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
Just finished the season 10 reunion episode and was a bit shocked to see how the other queens felt about Kameron. It's a lot different to how she was shown on the show. About to go into season 10 finale now.
Have you moved onto season 11 yet? It's a really good season, one of my favourites. Really great cast and also one of the most iconic lipsyncs ever.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Have you moved onto season 11 yet? It's a really good season, one of my favourites. Really great cast and also one of the most iconic lipsyncs ever.
I had to take a break as I was starting to experience Drag Race burn out. There was a time there when I burned through 8 seasons right after each other. It was making me sashay all day, yas qween, oh hunty, all tea all shade all pink lemonade, just a bit too much. And I needed to man up a bit. So I went and watched season 5 of DYNASTY and then into season 6. I will be back with Drag Race soon though.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
So.… I just actually got around to finishing season 11 in the last few days. I had a good little break between 10 and 11. And, I have to say that season 11 wasn't one of my favourite seasons. I don't know if it was drag-race fatigue or what but I wasn't as into this season and found myself doing other things while it was on. I didn't really like any of the queens this year that much and I really, really, really thought that Yvie Oddly was legit the worst drag queen ever. I just didn't get it. I had already seen that weird spooky queen done much better by other queens in other seasons. A couple won! Literally! Yvie just wasn't that for me. Her makeup was always atrocious, the drag was scrappy, she wasn't funny. She was double joined and could do a crabs bend? She didn't really have a presence. Most of the time she looked like a muppet in progress. It wasn't for me at all. However, I thought most of the queens were scrappy, dumb and totally unprepared for the competition.

How'd queens be going on drag race not knowing who Mariah Carey is?! How's that even a thing? Plastique Tiara legit says she didn't know at all who Mariah was, and she only found out about Beyoncé recently. Ok, well, maybe that's true, I will give the benefit of doubt on that, even though it's sketchy as hell! But then there was a whole team on the Diva challenge who had no clue of who Mariah Carey was apart from the fact she had a middle part and liked butterflies. I think Ru even had to tell them that though. It's not like Mariah was some underground artist with a cult following. She was one of the biggest acts of the '90s and '00s. She wrote a string of number 1 singles, she's even got an album called #1s! LIES WERE BEING TOLD.
There were just so many abysmal queens this year. I cant even name most of them. There went any big personalities for me, nobody had me dying with laughter like previous seasons. Nobody was making me gag on their eleganza and nobody was bringing it to me every ball. Honestly I thought it was shocking.

There were very few who brought me entertainment this year. Occasionally Vanessa Vanjie Mateo was funny, but bitch wore a swimsuit for 10 runways. Go home!
Shuga Cain made some serious choices on the runway too and none of them were a good idea. Also her drag was that kinda drag that a queen been doing from the first time you ever went to a gay bar and she still be doing the exact same shit 20 years later with zero progression. Go HOME!
Ariel Versace, dear God, no.... Go home, quietly and close the door when you leave and take all of your pastel wigs with you. Bye.
I don't even understand how Mercedes Iman Diamond got there? How'd she get on the show? She had the presence of a cobweb and like no pop culture knowledge at all.

I kinda liked Brooke Lynn Hytes but then I thought that the relationship with Vanjie was obviously a game plan and a ploy on Brooke Lynn's part to stay in the game. You could tell that Vanjie was much more into it and being played by Brooke Lynn and that put me off her. Nina West truly was Miss Congeniality.

Well that was a bit of a rant! lol
So which lipsync from this season are you taking about?