• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S01e02: Spit It Out

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Interesting fact: You can sorta see me in episode 2 of Revenge of season 1, when Emily enters the tent at the beginning of the episode where the horses are. I was wearing a purple shirt and raising a glass of champagne I think, with my tall friend Saul next to me. The lighting was bad though.

Melrose Place was so bad. I admit, I don't know all about the original Dynasty. Very little. MP I knew everything. Very disappointing they brought not one original writer back who knew the show and characters that returned.

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've been on Grey's, Revenge and Desperate Housewives out of nighttime soaps. I tried hard to get on MP. Never bothered for 90210 as they wanted all high schoolers. But MP wanted mostly people for clubs/parties and such. Boy, the stories I heard from others who got on that one and how long filming took! Grey's was the best of the bunch! Best show to work on :) Desperate Housewives I was so lucky to have gotten on it in the end and Eva featured me with her! I know some on here were on Dallas on TNT :) I wonder if there's anyone on here that's been on Dynasty on CW?

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Time flies when watching Dynasty. I almost forgot to smoke.

Remarking how Fallon was her mothers daughter - wearing red in a room full of people in black
Just in case anyone had forgotten about the black & white ball. Personally I thought it was self-explanatory.
I could do without the recurring "Alexis" references as it may spoil the effect when she does show up.
"Oh, hi, we were just talking about you!"
I cant wait to see the explanation as to why Steven has been arrested for Matthew's murder
Probably work-related, or should I say the fact that his previous work was anti-Carrington Atlantic.
What you keep going on about is pointless and makes no sense
I'm not sure if we're supposed to take those comments seriously? But if it continues, someone is going to end up in Ignore Land.
He was nude
Not nude enough.
Fallon going into the grave, legs akimbo, made me laugh when I saw it in the promo but I think scenes like this will dilute the intensity of her rivalry with Cristal in the long run.
"That must have been really hard, when you learned he chose brain-damage over damaged goods".
I think their one-on-one scenes are better than the family scenes, because everyone has to ignore how brutal she is, and then - as @Michael Torrance pointed out - her dialogue that matters gets lost.
The father-daughter relationship is not very exciting, but I like the way he gets annoyed every time someone mentions Jeff Colby.
"Get out of my house!" always works for me:D
I see that we've transitioned to a CW budget version of the mansion this week.
Gosh, I hadn't even noticed it. But the house is so huge I wouldn't be surprised if it had six front doors.

Favourite scene: when Cristal fired Willy, as a way to show her loyalty to Blake and the company, and of course "You bitch! You're gonna wish you buried me!"
Cristal has good chemistry with the other characters, especially Sammy Jo.

Every week a new Dynasty episode, it feels like the good old days:dance:

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The best thing about the first catfight in the original was that the tension between Alexis and Krystle had been simmering all season and it finally exploded when Krystle realised that Alexis had killed her unborn child.
That was my concern when I viewed the first trailer for the CW Dynasty. A cat fight already? The first fight on original Dynasty between Alexis and Krystal was far more enjoyable because, as you mention, the tension had been simmering all season.

I don't get why the writers feel they have to rush these things. Is our attention span so short? It's the biggest difference between today's soap and those of yesteryear. We all knew a major cliffhanger was inevitable but half the fun was the journey getting there.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That was my concern when I viewed the first trailer for the CW Dynasty. A cat fight already? The first fight on original Dynasty between Alexis and Krystal was far more enjoyable because, as you mention, the tension had been simmering all season.

Even Empire, which moved at breakneck speed, waited until the first season finale before Cookie and Anika finally traded blows.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Gosh, I hadn't even noticed it. But the house is so huge I wouldn't be surprised if it had six front doors.

Another thing I noticed is that they chose not to include the bannisters of the stairs below the stairs that we saw in the pilot too. The location shooting in this episode was pretty impressive though. That scene where Blake summons Cristal to the house as she walks in the vast gardens looked really lush.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
I don't get why the writers feel they have to rush these things. Is our attention span so short?

Yes, it's generation Twitter. You have 140 letters/characters to tell something and after 3 minutes it's forgotten. That's the world we're living in now. ;)

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
After reading the E! interview with showrunner Sallie Patrick I now get the pushing Fallon in a grave scene. It was made to be a Meme! Fair enough...

Damn America and it's 2 second attention span!

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I really enjoyed episode 2, it flowed along quite nicely and I love the actress who plays Fallon. I think she is perfect for the role.

Also I the 'camp' humour is played in the right way, there are characters that ground it. So Fallons one liners are not taken overly serious by the other characters which levels it out.

I thought the scene where Fallon said "what's up your arse" was played really well, made me giggle when Sammy Joe walked in. :)

It's just fun and it feels like it's having fun. My issue with Dallas TNT was how it took itself too seriously but new Dynasty has a nice balance.

I hope it sticks around so I can see the return of Matthew in season 8. :)

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I hope it sticks around so I can see the return of Matthew in season 8. :)
They should have all of the wind turbine picked out of him by then.

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought the scene where Fallon said "what's up your arse" was played really well, made me giggle when Sammy Joe walked in
It was the first thing I thought of (because of their scene the night before) so when Sammy Jo walked in, the joke came a little too late.

I liked the reference to the classic breakfast scene, because it was frowned upon that OldSammy Jo had the nerve (!) to touch the food.
They serve the food and then you're supposed to say: "just coffee, I'm not hungry/late for work". But OldSammy Jo was hungry and she didn't have a job.

And Steven even said it: "Let me know when the rest of the family visits, I'll inform the kitchen".
So, he doesn't notice a few thousand dollars missing from his pocket, but he's worried about some extra croissants?
So Fallons one liners are not taken overly serious by the other characters which levels it out
They just kind of let her rant on, but then this Blake is not so uptight as OldBlake so I guess she can get away with everything.
I think I'll stick with the physical fights.

Pamela_E

administrator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It was the first thing I thought of (because of their scene the night before) so when Sammy Jo walked in, the joke came a little too late.

I liked the reference to the classic breakfast scene, because it was frowned upon that OldSammy Jo had the nerve (!) to touch the food.
They serve the food and then you're supposed to say: "just coffee, I'm not hungry/late for work". But OldSammy Jo was hungry and she didn't have a job.

And Steven even said it: "Let me know when the rest of the family visits, I'll inform the kitchen".
So, he doesn't notice a few thousand dollars missing from his pocket, but he's worried about some extra croissants?

They just kind of let her rant on, but then this Blake is not so uptight as OldBlake so I guess she can get away with everything.
I think I'll stick with the physical fights.

I enjoyed it, it has an original Dynasty vibe about it. I also didn't mind Fallon the grave. A tribute to Ab Fab perhaps :) I thought it worked because they didn't show the grave until after she went flying.

I would so love to see Dallas done as a reboot now.