• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S01e04: Private As A Circus

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
RIP Willie.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That was really fun. Very enjoyably twisty-turny.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Alexis has been gone for almost 10 years, and Fallon has postcards from her from Moldavia and Denver. I love that Moldavia exists! Also we learn that Alexis has her secretary write and send Steven and Fallon birthday cards. So if Alexis uses a secretary for such things maybe she is already a successful business women and doesn't need the Cecil Colby money thing. Kinda less interesting if that's how it is, I think.

Why is Monique sometimes called Monica?

Hated Fallon's pink Legally Blonde type suit she wore to her business meeting. In my head Fallon Carrington would never! I liked her black one sleeved dress and the I think 70s looking Gucci shirt dress she wore towards the end. Also why is Fallon's middle name her mothers maiden name? That's not how names work is it?

I liked the opening the Fallon and Steven riding horses and wearing jodhpurs, very Dynasty! I loved the entrance to the estate and the long drive up. I loved how the pool was set up for Fallon and Jeff's scene and that view from an upstairs balcony over looking it. It was very Arden Villa, again very Dynasty.
I noticed in this episode that there is some awful looking art on the walls of the mansion. Blake needs to call Sable Colby and get some better paintings.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Alexis has been gone for almost 10 years, and Fallon has postcards from her from Moldavia and Denver. I love that Moldavia exists!

In all honesty, they should've just went with Moldova. I think most Dynasty fans probably think that was Moldavia anyway.

Oh Willie, RIP, we hardly knew you. Who planted that letter? The corrupt cop?

Poor Claudia though - she literally has no one now, so are they setting up for The Carringtons to come to her rescue? I guess on the positive side she's not stuck with that brat Lindsay.

Romain

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The letters and postcards that Fallon throws in the fire at the end of the episode are not from Alexis, they're letters and postcards that Fallon wrote to Alexis but never sent, because she didn't have an address to send them to. It's their way of showing that Michael was right when he confronted her about her Mommy issues.

This was the first time Jeff's sister was addressed by name, so it seems they went ahead with calling her Monica, not Monique.

I really wish they were doing more with Claudia. Can you believe the actress actually received a guest star credit just for that one scene of her watching the video of Cristal and Matthew on the Internet, in which she didn't utter a single word?

I'm warming up to this version of Michael, which I wasn't expecting considering I couldn't stand the original character.

I'm still not warming up to Cristal, but I think I've put my finger on part of the problem, at least for me: Nathalie Kelley reminds me of Teri Hatcher. And I don't like Teri Hatcher at all.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
So Fallon's been to Moldavia?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Cheap-ass bitch Fallon stole Christopher Ewing's clean energy.

Kori Rucks ?? In Dutch it means Kori Wanks.

It's been a long time since I've watched a soap episode that was so badly written and acted. Was this some sort of test?
What impact does that sextape actually have? And I could never feel sorry for someone who's stupid enough to film his/her own sex performance.
Why making a sextape in the first place? To watch yourself?

Lame music in that nightclub, I think I'd fall asleep.

Willy's death. Gee, I think there's something fishy about it, and Steven agrees with that. He's such a mastermind.
This could only be interesting if it wasn't Stansfield. Claudia, perhaps?

Well at least it ended with an interesting twist: Steven doesn't know he's responsible for someone's death, and Matthew was a nasty blackmailer.
So, the only interesting question is: who does not want Steven to find out?

Bring on Alexis and get it over with. And of course it has to be Pia Zadora. At least then I would "get the joke".

I'm gonna watch Dynasty 1969 again because I want to end this day with something good.

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was hoping they'd save Willie for the big finale. He seemed mean! It looks like they are going to probably go in the way of the family detective or whoever he is that killed him...I could see him coming after Claudia next. I think he's gonna meet his end soon as well.

As for Jeff...I hate the actor! NOT A GOOD CHOICE! I am slowly getting used to the actor who plays Steven, but Jeff just seems gay or bisexual, and very, very, boring. All his scenes are with Fallon. Very boring. It just repeats. I may have to go back and watch the pilot, but didn't they date or were together? Or are they just good friends who had dated before? They haven't done a single thing. It's all been Fallon and Michael, and even Michael seems a bore.

Last edited:

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This episode seemed flat.

It didn't seem lively enough, I did like the postcards from Alexis, the one with Denver looked like the old Dynasty typography and I honestly didn't see the Moldavia postcard! Honestly surprised they mentioned it considering the entire storyline was mothballed by mid season 6.

Makes one wonder who or what else from the original series will pop up?

Michael Culhane is becoming a favourite of mine, he's much more rounded this time and I actually prefer him to Jeff, who is still an entitled, spoilt prick!
hastag!TeamCulhane!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
As @GillesDenver has pointed out to me, the postcard is from the Maldives and not from Moldavia. Oops! Sorry I guess my Dynasty infected brain just "autocorrected" it to Moldavia. It would have been a nice touch if that's where the postcard was from.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This episode seemed flat.
As flat as a cell phone.
I did like the postcards from Alexis, the one with Denver looked like the old Dynasty typography
I do appreciate these details, but it's not substantial enough to make it an entertaining episode.

(from episode 1 discussion):
Knowing that it is a remake, (it's Dynasty, and at the same time it isn't) makes the experience somewhat different
Although I hadn't expected that "experience" to end so soon. I hardly connect it with OldDynasty anymore, Alexis is the last link and once I get to know her, the show will be completely its own thing.
That itself shouldn't be a reason not to enjoy it, but I thought the story in episode 4 wasn't like must-see TV.
And even that wasn't my main concern, it was the script itself, it looked as if it was written by a 13 y/o person.
It would take a very, very good actor to make it work - and imho none of these actors are experienced or skillful enough to do so.
Grant Show looks like he doesn't really want to be there, the Colbys are more braindead than the zombies of TWD, Fallon thinks everything is funny and Cristal, oh Cristal...she's having such a hard time. Guess what, me too.

So, when both the script and actors kill the characters, there isn't much left to care about. The story (and spectacular cliffhangers) will have no impact whatsoever.
A UFO crashes on Blake Carrington's head? Yesterday wouldn't be soon enough.

I was very excited about this show, not because I thought it was going to be good - because I didn't know.
Well, now I know. If episode 5 doesn't improve, I'm out. I'm not going to try to like it because that doesn't work for me. It's good or it isn't.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
I watched this episode with my boyfriend. He loved it, i was bored.
So ... i don't know.
It's not that i don't care about new shows.
I care a lot f.e. about "The Orville" although it's not an original Star Trek Show.
I felt so excited and happy that "The Orville" got renewed, i was sooo happy about it!
But with nuDynasty?! Meh. Okay if it gets renewed, but okay as well, if it gets cancelled.
It just doesn't have any impact (even though Dynasty's my all time favorite show).
I will watch it (because it's called Dynasty), but i won't spread tears if it doesn't continue.
So well, that's my reaction if it's not renewed.

To compare that to the originalDynasty- i STILL have nightmares over it's cancellation, even 30 years after it ... :(

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
it was the script itself, it looked as if it was written by a 13 y/o person.
That's how I felt the episode previous. I actually thought this one was a very slight improvement but still terrible all around as far the writing/acting goes. It's like the writers haven't actually read much, and don't aspire to write anything even remotely creative. It's all just bla... it's clichéd bla. Stuff we've seen a million times before.

Fallon doesn't come across as smart, her bitchy funny schtick is dull. It's Mean Girls meets Sweet Valley High and that's not at all what I want from Dynasty or Fallon. Liz Gillies is a serviceable actress but the gimmicky comedy is too much. I'm getting bored... even if she does wear turbans.

Last edited:

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ratings are still yuck but episodes 2-4 have gotten better and better. It's just getting predictable I guess that the detective of the family killed Willy and will probably try to kill Claudia next before meeting his end. No big cliffhangers yet...I think Alexis will be the final scene of season 1, maybe Matthew still alive?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fallon doesn't come across as smart, her bitchy funny schtick is dull
Michael said to her: "maybe you should stop blaming your mom, and try to figure out why you're so screwed up now".
And that's it: I don't see that screwed up Fallon, it's all light-hearted bitch-tralala-bitch-tralala.
I guess that the detective of the family killed Willy
Wouldn't that be too obvious? I mean, it was hardly a guessing game, was it.
With all those secrets popping up left and right, I think this is going to be a surprise (I have to see that, and then I'll stop. Maybe).

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Michael said to her: "maybe you should stop blaming your mom, and try to figure out why you're so screwed up now".
And that's it: I don't see that screwed up Fallon, it's all light-hearted bitch-tralala-bitch-tralala.
Well I can see how a parent essentially abandoning you could screw you up. It's just that they didn't really set it up well. We are meant to put all this together because of a few references to her being bitchy in high school. She's too cheerleader in that regard.
I also hated her line in the club about poor people and queuing or whatever it was. Original Fallon could be bitchy and could be mean but she wasn't an idiot. She wasn't rude and dismissive of people not as well off as she was.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Does anybody know how many episodes have actually been filmed now?