• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S01E10 - A Well-Dressed Tarantula

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Hype hype hype!!!

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Will this be a New Years episode? Meaning no work? No office? Ugh! They keep milking that office!!! Let's hope if not episode 10, we see Fallon's office and workers by episode 11...or will they keep creating stories to pull her and Jeff away from that office? Such as the going on a trip or something for new Years a few weeks, then another type of date for a Valentine's away from the office?

Last edited:

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
It looks like Fallon is celebrating some sort of birthday or special occasion... not sure? That's what appears to look like according to the extended promo I found on the official Dynasty Facebook page. And according to the summary on my T.V. schedule it says that Fallon is celebrating her "golden birthday" (whatever that means) and she may end up gaining access to some sort of trust. I don't think it's just referring to the fact that Fallon has a gold scheme to this party and is wearing a gold dress.

I wonder if this means that Fallon may be reaching a special milestone like her 25th birthday and that's why this trust is mentioned. I doubt Fallon is 18 and I'm pretty sure she's a little over 21 at this point. So her possibly reaching her 25th birthday seems to be the most logical conclusion. I wonder if Jeff might know about it and use it as part of his revenge scheme on Fallon. He may end up trying to ruin her financially, professionally and maybe personally. And also it looks like the tension between Jeff & Michael may escalate. I CANNOT wait for Jeff to be exposed already. The sight of him & Fallon together makes me sick.

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
This was a pretty decent episode. And I'm so excited to know that my guess was 100% correct. I'm kind of surprised though that Fallon knows about the trust but whatever. It seems like almost nothing gets past by her.

I really felt for Sammy Jo for wanting his family to reunite especially since he had been told all his life that his dad abandoned him but seriously... Iris & Alejandro/Diego are BAD NEWS.

And now we get a clearer picture of Jeff's master plan. Apparently his reason for trying to convince Fallon to invest part of her trust into their budding company is so that once he marries her, he will have complete access to her share of Carrington Atlantic & her trust.

What's really strange is that Jeff believes that Fallon may be on to him and he's now changing tactics. I wonder if Fallon may be secretly coming up with a revenge scheme to screw over Jeff if she does indeed suspect that he's planning to double cross her. Either way I'm hoping Michael breaks away from Monica and rushes in to rescue her. I'm still hoping against hope they'll reunite despite of how low the odds are at this point.

So Sammy Jo and Steven are/were sleeping together after all. They have mad chemistry and I liked Sammy Jo talking about his mom visiting pawnshops in order to put food on the table.

I laughed out loud when Monica got soaked by sprinklers.

I also liked the conversation between Fallon & Steven and how it showed some great insight into how badly Alexis & Blake's divorce has affected Fallon and how it also has affected the way she views relationships. I think her fear of commitment also ties in into her deep-seated fear of abandonment by other people. Did I mention how much fun it is picking into Fallon's brain and figuring out how her mind works?

And before I forget, I loved how the Carringtons have teamed up and pulled a fast one over Diego and Iris. That twist was so well played I didn't really expect it.

Anyways, the next episode looks great and I can't wait to see who will rescue Fallon and how she will handle herself.

Last edited:

Soaplover

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Finally...an episode that ends with a great cliffhanger..that makes me want to watch next week.

I like that the script writer shows Fallon has a heart..and it shows up in scenes with Steven. I can't wait for Alexis to come back. I can just imagine n icolette S. Smoking that cigarette and drinking that martini lol

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Oh My God, why why why is it called this????

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a little disturbed that Fallon was allowed to drink martinis as a young child... I can't help but wonder if that have to have had some serious repercussions on her young developing brain. In real life Alexis would almost surely get a call from child protective services just for that.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And before I forget, I loved how the Carringtons have teamed up and pulled a fast one over Diego and Iris.

I think part of why it was so unexpected is because it flies in the face of what is typically written in nighttime soaps. The writers typically enjoy writing the family members (especially romantic couples) having arguments/fights, then dragging out the reconciliation because they assume viewers will keep coming back, hoping to see the reconciliation. I've never been a fan of the "break-them-up-just-to-put-them-back-together-eventually" writing trope, so seeing the situation resolved so quickly (fake breakup resolved within the same episode!) was refreshing. And yes, unexpected. They think having them all at each others' throats is so much more 'dramatic'.

I think the plot device of having Jeff call his father to update him (and thus, the viewer) on his fiendish plan [/cue mustache twirling] is going to get old if they keep doing it. But it made me wonder: does Monica have any idea at all what Jeff is planning? I guess if she did, and she was a co-conspirator, he could just talk to HER to recap the plot for the viewer rather than calling his dad in prison. As it is, I don't think he's let her in on the full scope of his plan.

Regarding the scenes with Steven, Sammy Jo and the widow--I'm not sure they handled that well. Steven gives the lady (at least) $20k and that's enough to stop his feeling guilty/responsible? I'm sure the insurance on an employee who dies in an accident was much higher than that. Moreover, Steven doesn't strike me as the type who thinks they can dismiss guilty feelings simply by paying someone off. That's more a Blake kind of thing. Also, if Steven was so consumed by shame that he couldn't deal with the widow before this, shouldn't that shame have colored his interactions with Claudia, another widow of a Carrington Atlantic "accident"?

In a more "reality-ville" observation, it must have irritated Mrs. Gunnerson to no end when they dumped all that gold glittery confetti near the end of Fallon's party. I know for a fact that glittery confetti like that is a total bitch to get out of carpeting. Vacuum every week for a YEAR and you'll still see little glints of color every time you glance at the floor.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh My God, why why why is it called this????

When Cristal comes face to face with Diego or whatever his name is, she refers to him as a "well-dressed tarantula," since he looked all slick and corporate, but she knew underneath it all that he's a violent, manipulative jerk. They were lapsing back and forth between English and Spanish, so tarantula probably sounded more "exotic" to the dialogue writer.

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
@Daniel Avery This is the type of strategy that should hopefully improve the show's ratings and now that Fallon is kidnapped it should get even more people to tune in.

I was kind of disappointed that Blake & Cristal made up so quickly. I thought they would drag it out a little further for just a few more episodes until Alexis shows up. Now I'm even more convinced that Alexis might show up because of a possible Fallon/Jeff wedding and Jeff might propose to Fallon soon. Not that I like it, but here's hoping Michael crashes it!

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
When Cristal comes face to face with Diego or whatever his name is, she refers to him as a "well-dressed tarantula," since he looked all slick and corporate, but she knew underneath it all that he's a violent, manipulative jerk. They were lapsing back and forth between English and Spanish, so tarantula probably sounded more "exotic" to the dialogue writer.

Christ Alive. This forum needs one of those arachnophobic smilies @Ome

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Overall, it was good. I missed the first 3 minutes but it was good. I didn't quite understand the ending to it with how the whole family tricked that guy. I liked Sammy Jo. He was good. Was Joseph even in the episode?

Now for the bad...

THE COLBYS! ONCE AGAIN!

Monica talking about getting with Michael just like that because she hates Fallon's ways or something just like Jeff's. (Where did that one even come from)? Pretty lousy explanation as they were always going shopping and Monica had so little to do. In the episode it was the same crap. She had so little to do.

Jeff calling his father. "I'm gonna marry Fallon and take what she has." He's a wuss. I'm not buying any of that!

And of course Fallon and Jeff still talking about their office/company like it's up and running after 10 episodes when it isn't!

I liked the ending.

I'm gonna stick it out and watch until episode 13. By then, will their stupid office be up and running?! The lighting looked so much better in their "office" this week.

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Daniel Avery This is the type of strategy that should hopefully improve the show's ratings and now that Fallon is kidnapped it should get even more people to tune in.

I was kind of disappointed that Blake & Cristal made up so quickly. I thought they would drag it out a little further for just a few more episodes until Alexis shows up. Now I'm even more convinced that Alexis might show up because of a possible Fallon/Jeff wedding and Jeff might propose to Fallon soon. Not that I like it, but here's hoping Michael crashes it!

Michael breaks up with M0nica and crashes the wedding and has evidence that Jeff wants to just marry Fallon to take her possessions away. That's what I'd like to see! Goodbye COLBYS!

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
No opening credits again. I'm afraid those are gone for good .. :(

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards

MarkSinacori

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Overall, it was good. I missed the first 3 minutes but it was good. I didn't quite understand the ending to it with how the whole family tricked that guy. I liked Sammy Jo. He was good. Was Joseph even in the episode?

Now for the bad...

THE COLBYS! ONCE AGAIN!

Monica talking about getting with Michael just like that because she hates Fallon's ways or something just like Jeff's. (Where did that one even come from)? Pretty lousy explanation as they were always going shopping and Monica had so little to do. In the episode it was the same crap. She had so little to do.

Jeff calling his father. "I'm gonna marry Fallon and take what she has." He's a wuss. I'm not buying any of that!

And of course Fallon and Jeff still talking about their office/company like it's up and running after 10 episodes when it isn't!

I liked the ending.

I'm gonna stick it out and watch until episode 13. By then, will their stupid office be up and running?! The lighting looked so much better in their "office" this week.

If Michael doesn't crash the wedding, another case of bad writers. I loved how he was ready to back away from Monica at one point in the episode. Her character is totally ruined just as is Jeff and Cecil's. I like Fallon's, but the only thing I hate about her character is "My business". She has no company! The production is so stupid letting it drag on this long. It's sort of like Amanda on Melrose Place saying "D & D" and there is no office to go to. No workers. Unless it was being re-modeled or something... So dumb! Those are the few things I hate about this series that they STILL haven't corrected yet.

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Rafael de la Fuente is becoming the main interest of the show, he and his character are improving every week. Much more interesting than the usual tramp he's supposed to be. But to much Mr nice guy might kill Sammy Jo #2 too soon. Once Sammy Jo #1 passed her angel degree, she lost her soul...

Some funny lines, incredible outfits. Gold. Bigger than life party. Ok. But does it make a good series? Does it really taste like Dynasty? I don't think so. I'm still considering it a spoof... It's as exciting as watching Dynasty's 7th season for the second time... Storylines seen a zillion times... Clichés after clichés. Where and when Dynasty #1 used to be camp, this one is just ridiculous.
Who honestly cares about Fallon being kidnapped? And not EVEN by an Alien... (Unless the writers got a wildcard in their sleeves for sweet Iris...? ;))

You may ask: but why the hell am I watching ?
Well, it's free on the internet and I'm curious to see La Sheridan as La Colby...