S1 poster revealed the end!!!

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They gave a major spoiler in the main poster for season 1, and none of us realized!

Can you spot the spoiler?

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, wow... *mind blown*:eck: (If I had known this in advance, I would not have watched the show)

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm confused! No, I really mean it, I'm confused.

How can having a bird, a raven, even, be a huge spoiler to the end game?

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm confused! No, I really mean it, I'm confused.

How can having a bird, a raven, even, be a huge spoiler to the end game?

Bran is the three-eyed raven and he became king in the end.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Bran is the three-eyed raven and he became king in the end.
That does not clear any confusion up for me.

Where on the poster does it say Bran is the three-eyed raven?

Where on the poster does it say Bran will end up the protector of the realm?

For all I know, that could be a crow sat on the throne, a representative of the Night's Watch.

I have no idea how anyone can take 'Bran becomes king' from that poster back in season 1.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This promotional image mentions the date of the first episode (April 17), those who hadn't read the books didn't even know who Bran was, let alone that he would become the three-eyed raven.
And did the producers of this show already know how it would end?
It's a funny hindsight prediction, but not a real spoiler imho.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It's a funny hindsight prediction, but not a real spoiler imho.
Ah good! I thought for a few moments that I may be the stupidest person on the planet to have watched all the GOT and not seen this major spoiler that revealed the end of the story.

The ravens have played a role in the story right from the start, after all, they were the main means of communication for everyone and that having one on the throne at the beginning of season 1 just illustrates that they are indeed a character within the show.

I just can not see how anything about the three-eyed raven or Bran can be shown in that poster.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The only thing that poster tells me is that Sean Bean's character probably isn't going to die in the first episodes.

Oops, wrong.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In the books, the bird is a crow not a raven. The three-eyed crow. But the series changed it to a raven.

Right from the first book that came out in 1996, Bran started having dreams about this three-eyed crow and his messeges to Bran. So then Bran, Hodor and Jojen Reed set out north to find him. They did find him and Bran became a greenseer (a person who can perceive future, past or distant events). Bran is also a warg who can enter the mind of animals and, as it turned out, also some humans like Hodor. All this was known to the writers of GoT as well as all book readers. No new book as been released during the series 8 year run. GRRM is really dragging his feet. He has told the GoT writers his plans for the end years ago. The actors found out about 2 years ago.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Right from the first book that came out in 1996, Bran started having dreams about this three-eyed crow and his messeges to Bran. So then Bran, Hodor and Jojen Reed set out north to find him. They did find him and Bran became a greenseer (a person who can perceive future, past or distant events). Bran is also a warg who can enter the mind of animals and, as it turned out, also some humans like Hodor. All this was known to the writers of GoT as well as all book readers. No new book as been released during the series 8 year run.

But we know all this through watching 8 seasons of a show. None of what you're saying or have said in this thread convinces me that this poster revealed the ending of the show.

Christine

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How can you tell it's a three-eyed raven? It could as well be a normal day raven with two eyes. ?