nuDynasty Episode Chat S1E21 Trashy Little Tramp

RottenSkipper17

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
So now we're down to only two episodes left! Okay so here's what's going to happen in this episode...

Blake thwarts Fallon's attempts to turn the company in a new direction, and Fallon realizes that the real threat is Blake

So I guess this is probably why Fallon turns to Claudia for help. This is going to get interesting.

And if Michael hates the Carringtons now, then why is he working for Blake again? Maybe it's some sort of infiltration plot that he and Cristal are coming up with.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
nd if Michael hates the Carringtons now, then why is he working for Blake again? Maybe it's some sort of infiltration plot that he and Cristal are coming up with.
Well yes, that's what is implied in their last scene from the last episode. Cristal hires him on her last day as COO so that he can infiltrate CA and Blake.

Brian Carrington Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also, the actor who is playing "Adam" (at this point I don't believe this is really Adam) is Brent Antonello, who played the character of Jude on the TV show HIT THE FLOOR, the same show Robert C. Riley is from. Interestingly, Brent's IMDB page lists his Dynasty character as "Chris." This would obviously be the character's pre-Adam name. Chris/Adam is listed as being in the next two episodes.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3238907/

The reason why I don't believe this is the real Adam, is that when we last saw the sister, she had dollar signs in her eyes looking at that envelop of cash Steven had left. Then BAM, suddenly Adam shows up at Steven's hotel door! Episode 21 might add more to the puzzle and lay the groundwork that this really is Adam, but that is my initial impression.

Also, looks like the ratings for Episode 20 came in at (780K/0.2) for the night, according to TVLine.com
http://tvline.com/2018/04/28/life-sentence-ratings-season-1-fridays/

Last edited:

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How could this be Adam, he looks like Liam's brother. What's the point of replacing him with an equally generic-looking look-alike?
I'd rather have the Uber-guy to be Adam.

It looks like Alexis is going to declare war on Cristal, and Blake is making more enemies than friends. Could this end with a Who Shot Blake?
What a bunch!

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'd rather have the Uber-guy to be Adam
Wait a minute...do you think Alexis would be so sick to bring Adam with her, and then let her other son believe he's still missing?
upload_2018-4-29_21-39-15.png

As in: all this time he was already there?
:think:

Kill off the fake Adam - shock! A Carrington dies! - but it doesn't matter because the real Adam is alive and kicking and moves in and out of the house as Alexis' "bodyguard/chauffeur"?

Good grief I think I'm getting paranoid:eek:

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Wait a minute...do you think Alexis would be so sick to bring Adam with her, and then let her other son believe he's still missing?
View attachment 10875
As in: all this time he was already there?
:think:

Kill off the fake Adam - shock! A Carrington dies! - but it doesn't matter because the real Adam is alive and kicking and moves in and out of the house as Alexis' "bodyguard/chauffeur"?

Good grief I think I'm getting paranoid:eek:

In the original series, there was a plan on there being a cliffhanger where a young man arrives at the door and says, "Hello, father. The Adam who's been here these past few years is a fake. I am the real Adam." Perhaps NuDynasty could be taking advantage of some of the choices the original show didn't make?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Somehow I just can't let it rest.

Here's a theory of what might have gone wrong with the previous Carrington marriage, and it's basically a variant on O.Alexis' adultery.
Blake's working too hard, Alexis doesn't get the attention she deserves, they argue a lot, unhappy marriage, not even the birth of a son improves the situation.
"Stop bothering me, you've got a kid to take care of right now".
Alexis thinks that only a tragedy could soften Blake, she looks at her son and suddenly she has a brilliant idea.
Together with the help of, say, good old Cecil Colby, she orchestrates the kidnapping and hides Adam in a safe place. A convent, for example.

But the result is devastating, Blake becomes more cruel and intolerant. Time for part 2 of the plan: the return of the Carrington heir, Blake is going to be so appreciative!
She goes to the convent, but the nuns inform that her maid has already picked up Adam on her behalf. But since there was no maid involved, she knows something terrible has happened.
Whether Cecil was behind the real kidnapping or not, I don't know.
Alexis is tempted to tell Blake the truth as it may improve their chances to find Adam. But she knows he would kill her instead.

And then many years later, Cecil tells Blake the whole story, just to make his enemy feel miserable, and that's when Blake throws her out.

Perhaps NuDynasty could be taking advantage of some of the choices the original show didn't make?
I can almost see it: Some time after the funeral of fakeAdam, Blake walks into his study only to find Mickey (as in: Michael?) in his chair, feet on the desk.
"What the devil are you doing here, get your feet off of my desk! I'll tell your boss to keep you on a leash!"
"Firstly, I was merely enjoying the feel of this chair. Secondly, Alexis is not my boss".
"Oh for God's sake, I don't even want to know what she is to you. Now get the hell out of here!".
"Whatever you say, Sir".

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Somehow I just can't let it rest.

Here's a theory of what might have gone wrong with the previous Carrington marriage, and it's basically a variant on O.Alexis' adultery.
Blake's working too hard, Alexis doesn't get the attention she deserves, they argue a lot, unhappy marriage, not even the birth of a son improves the situation.
"Stop bothering me, you've got a kid to take care of right now".
Alexis thinks that only a tragedy could soften Blake, she looks at her son and suddenly she has a brilliant idea.
Together with the help of, say, good old Cecil Colby, she orchestrates the kidnapping and hides Adam in a safe place. A convent, for example.

But the result is devastating, Blake becomes more cruel and intolerant. Time for part 2 of the plan: the return of the Carrington heir, Blake is going to be so appreciative!
She goes to the convent, but the nuns inform that her maid has already picked up Adam on her behalf. But since there was no maid involved, she knows something terrible has happened.
Whether Cecil was behind the real kidnapping or not, I don't know.
Alexis is tempted to tell Blake the truth as it may improve their chances to find Adam. But she knows he would kill her instead.

And then many years later, Cecil tells Blake the whole story, just to make his enemy feel miserable, and that's when Blake throws her out.

I... kinda want that to be happened now. :lol:

I can almost see it: Some time after the funeral of fakeAdam, Blake walks into his study only to find Mickey (as in: Michael?) in his chair, feet on the desk.
"What the devil are you doing here, get your feet off of my desk! I'll tell your boss to keep you on a leash!"
"Firstly, I was merely enjoying the feel of this chair. Secondly, Alexis is not my boss".
"Oh for God's sake, I don't even want to know what she is to you. Now get the hell out of here!".
"Whatever you say, Sir".

One thing that I really hope the new series does with the introduction of Adam is to have a DNA test right away. I mean come on, all it takes is a quick trip to the nearest hospital and boom! Proof whether the kid is yours' or not. Of course, Alexis could have had the results faked... only does she have the money/resources for such a feat?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
DNA testing has indeed turned the "long-lost kid" trope on its ear, just as it has for the "who's the daddy" trope. Now you often see characters scheme to get a DNA sample from someone to test it before the other character even knows their parentage is in question. The first DNA testing I saw on a soap (to prove paternity) was done in 1990 or 1991, so I'd hazard a guess that filthy-rich folks like the Carringtons would have access to such tests sooner...but the oldDynasty folks likely were not ready to give up the trope just yet. Now you have people doing DNA testing as a hobby! I'm sure this "Adam" would not have even stepped forward if he didn't have a plan to beat the DNA test that would inevitably occur (unless he can pass the test naturally, which I doubt).

Dw725

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Didn't they play the whole DNA thing in the original though when DNA wasn't a thing? There was a blood test to see if Fallon was Blakes daughter.

There is a discord of how the new Anders is. He checks on everything regarding Blake but not his kids. He would have known who Liam was and where Steven is now. I still think Liam will be Adam. This person just admitting to be Adam is too convenient. Especially after Steven slipped multiple $100s under the door.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just thought of something... what if Steven doesn't believe this is really Adam, but is playing along in order to catch his mother in a lie?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just thought of something... what if Steven doesn't believe this is really Adam, but is playing along in order to catch his mother in a lie?

Oh, it would raise my opinion of Steven about 10,000%. It's about time they did something to remind us all that he is just as much a Carrington child as Fallon is.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I actually cant wait for this next episode. Urrghhhhh..... How long will we have to wait from the season finale to the first episode of season 2?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How long will we have to wait from the season finale to the first episode of season 2?
I don't even want to think about that. With O.Dynasty I thought the wait was insufferable.
Now, if Netflix would finally add some new episodes of my other favourite shows that would soothe the agony a little bit, but no of course they're not going to do that. They'll just keep adding more and more stuff I'm not interested in.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In the olden days of yore, we were more or less assured that the new fall season began in the third week of September. Nowadays there are no rules about when new episode will premiere, even on the big four networks. A semi-established network like the CW makes up its own rules, especially since they don't completely program their primetime schedule every night of the week. With the CW adding another night to its primetime offerings, they might decide to start airing new episodes of their various new/returning shows in a staggered schedule, reflecting how some shows just take longer to finish episodes than others. They might rush certain shows to air and then fill in with others as they pile up a certain number of completed episodes, which is the opposite of how the networks used to have a "premiere week" where every show came back from reruns at the same time. I think they could take a page from the early days of the Fox Network, who used to premiere their shows a week or two before the other networks just to "single themselves out"--people would sample Fox's shows without fear of missing something else on the other channels, since those other channels were still in reruns.

In Dynasty's case, I think the CW would have little to lose by re-running the first season during spring and summer. The original 1980s nighttime soaps didn't rerun in summer, mostly because they feared it would confuse people who'd already seen the show. No worry with NuDynasty; so few people saw it the first time around that it would be like "something new to watch" in a sea of reruns.:D