• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S1E21 Trashy Little Tramp

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Nowadays there are no rules about when new episode will premiere, even on the big four networks
Not to mention those stupid mid-season finales/premieres. Who invented that, it has nothing to do with final episodes. I don't want half a season I want the whole thing.
It's just so stupid.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No scripted program, not even the big hits, are producing the number of episodes per season that they all used to. Several Knots Landing seasons were 29-30 episodes each in the 1980s; I'm sure others did as many, if not more. This made it easy to have a "full season" air from September to May with very few pre-emptions. Ah, those were the days. Now, you're lucky to see a 22-episode season of any show, and to make those episodes last from September to May, they have to spread the episodes out (frequent pre-emptions) or have these dreadful half-season plans--both of which ruins the momentum of a show trying to establish itself.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sigh, I remember the blissful days when, in my youth, I took it for granted that there would always been new episodes of my favorite shows, regardless of the time of year. It was all thanks to my ignorance of what a "season" was, and how shows were actually made and such. :lol:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I actually cant wait for this next episode. Urrghhhhh..... How long will we have to wait from the season finale to the first episode of season 2?

The CW usually debuts their shows in October, but with ratings as mediocre like Dynasty they might decide to hold it until midseason a la iZombie and The 100, which would mean a looooong wait.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No scripted program, not even the big hits, are producing the number of episodes per season that they all used to. Several Knots Landing seasons were 29-30 episodes each in the 1980s; I'm sure others did as many, if not more. This made it easy to have a "full season" air from September to May with very few pre-emptions. Ah, those were the days. Now, you're lucky to see a 22-episode season of any show, and to make those episodes last from September to May, they have to spread the episodes out (frequent pre-emptions) or have these dreadful half-season plans--both of which ruins the momentum of a show trying to establish itself.

In the 90s, Melrose Place and Beverly Hills 90210 did 32 to a high 36 episodes per season since a fledgling network like Fox could take advantage of other shows going on hiatus and showing reruns. Those were the days!

Dw725

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
The CW usually debuts their shows in October, but with ratings as mediocre like Dynasty they might decide to hold it until midseason a la iZombie and The 100, which would mean a looooong wait.

Isn't CW trying to expand their schedule to run 7 days a week? I'm pretty sure the press release touting its returning shows stated that. I don't watch CW and never realized they didn't have full weekly nightly programming. Bravo is doing the same thing but they are a cable network but they don't have programming Friday or Saturday.

For that reason, I see Dynasty with a full episode order. Aren't they losing 2 shows that have been on the air for a while as well? And They have the Netflix deal for Dynasty which is honestly a game changer. It's been made available to all countries, they don't have to wait for syndication.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Isn't CW trying to expand their schedule to run 7 days a week? I'm pretty sure the press release touting its returning shows stated that. I don't watch CW and never realized they didn't have full weekly nightly programming. Bravo is doing the same thing but they are a cable network but they don't have programming Friday or Saturday.

For that reason, I see Dynasty with a full episode order. Aren't they losing 2 shows that have been on the air for a while as well? And They have the Netflix deal for Dynasty which is honestly a game changer. It's been made available to all countries, they don't have to wait for syndication.

They are expanding to Sundays, which gives them two more hours. They still don't program on Saturdays.

I think it will all come down to what their pilot batch looks like and how they want to debut them. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend / Jane the Virgin has been a combo so far on Fridays and I could see Dynasty getting delayed to let Crazy do its usual 13 episode run. NuCharmed will definitively be picked up unless the pilot is really awful and nuRoswell seems to be garnering some hype (I think that will go to midseason).

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
While I watch:

I guess the show heard our skepticism about this "so-called Adam" and decided to give all us skeptics the finger.

I'm losing track of just how many ways we theorized the Carrington DNA managed to enter the Colby family tree. Just when I thought all the options had been exhausted, they find another route. I'm just glad there's movement.

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
While I watch (with my jaw dropped):

Claudia, oh, Claudia....and the plot thickens faster than her waistline!

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess the show heard our skepticism about this "so-called Adam" and decided to give all us skeptics the finger.
He really is Adam? Wow that's got to be the most underplayed character's introduction ever.
"Are you her brother?"
"No I'm your brother".
There's a "Sesame Street" kind of boldness about it.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
With apologies to Abby Cunningham:
"I'm not saying he is Adam Carrington...and I'm not saying he isn't Adam Carrington. What I am saying is that I can spoil the episode any time I want."

(But I won't...all will be revealed eventually. There will be a LOT to mull over)

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh my! Alexis is even more devious than in the original!

Also, Blake is an asshole and I sort of love it.

Claudia's completely delusional. She's going to go cray-cray deluxe in the season finale, which airs on my birthday!

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh good, Matthew is back! Can't wait to see Cristal's reaction.
Biggest surprise this episode: Blake doesn't want a divorce whether Cristal loves him or not.

His ex-wife thinks he's ruining Carrington-Atlanta and his daughter pretends to believe he's ruining C-A. I just can't decide who's the most conniving!
But is she really going to help Culhane, I'm still a little unsure about this. She's always wanted C-A and now she's going to throw the company to the wolves just to please Mr. Sad Smiley Face?

I wonder if Alexis is underestimating the Colbys, and if her plan is going to backfire. Who knows what happens if Mother Colby returns to Atlanta? She might persuade her children to side with Blake. OMG, I hope it's going to be one of those mega-exciting voting scenes.

Soapwriter12

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Anybody else notice that Jeff, and monica's mother's name is Millie?

Dominique Deveraux was not te characters real name in dynasty, her real name was millie Cox, and dominque was her stage name.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I reckon she will be called Dominique. But who will play her? Does anyone think it might be Vanessa Williams??

That's the only choice I can think of. Plus, there's the fact that she played Renee on "Desperate Housewives", and that Renee was meant to be a sort of replacement for Edie, Nicolette Sheridan's character who got killed off. Now imagine these two ladies in the same scene...

Luuro

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Khandi Alexander who played Olivia's mother on Scandal would be my pick for Dominique.