• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S1E21 Trashy Little Tramp

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
That's the only choice I can think of. Plus, there's the fact that she played Renee on "Desperate Housewives", and that Renee was meant to be a sort of replacement for Edie, Nicolette Sheridan's character who got killed off. Now imagine these two ladies in the same scene...
This is the reason I don't think they will cast her. I may be wrong though.

Anyways this show is REDONKULOUS but I LOVE it. Now if only they could get nu-Alexis a decent half wig that was actually the same colour blonde as her real hair. Also I don't ever want to see her in cropped denim again!

Still I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also I don't ever want to see her in cropped denim again!

I'm not sure I ever want to see her in leather again either. Or tin foil.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She really needs to own Colby Co already and have a better wardrobe and a swanky apartment. Her flashback wardrobe was flawless.

Agreed. Actually whoever is styling her needs to be fired. They need to hire some drag queens instead!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Agreed. Actually whoever is styling her needs to be fired. They need to hire some drag queens instead!
Imagine! Ru Paul as stylist. Apparently her stylist for the show is Mark Zunino who trained under Nolan Miller. He has dressed Joan Collins, Donna Mills and many other soap divas and usually very well. I don't understand this trashy crazy look they are giving Nicollette. Maybe it's to make her ascension to the head of Colby Co or whatever more fabulous.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm inclined to think everything that is happening is a manipulation of Alexis's, right down to Fallon's power play. Fallon might not know she's being manipulated, but why else would Alexis have subtly encouraged Fallon to reconcile with Michael? She likely knew that her daughter would choose Michael over her father, and Alexis's plan benefits from (some would say hinges on) a wedge being driven between Blake and Fallon. The only thing that bugs me about Alexis's plot is...what's the end game? She isn't trying to take over/run Carrington Atlantic herself, I hope--she seems like the type to need instructions on how to run a bath. Is she trying to run Blake out of the company just to watch it burn?

I'm not quite grasping how the grandchildren have power at Carrington Atlantic. Do they all have equal voting shares like a Board of Directors? I get that Alexis brought "Adam" back and told the Colby kids about their roots in order to have three "votes" against Fallon and Steven's two...but if they vote like a BOD, then who were all those people Fallon pulled together at the end of the episode? Whatever the case, it's now up to Cristal to have a baby, because that would be a sixth grandchild to sway things back to a tie (since B&C would have that child's voting proxy until he/she was 18). That gives her a unique power over her husband, and of course Alexis would have a new motive to force Cristal to miscarry. Heck, it might be up to Cristal to deliver triplets since Fallon seems more inclined to vote against daddy right now.

I am also waiting for others to explain to me just how FauxAdam (Fadam?) is the father of Claudia's baby, since Matthew was very, very dead after that windmill exploded and the blade chopped him in half. Are we to believe this guy is plastic-surgeried and not-quite-dead Matthew, whom Cristal doesn't recognize? Or about as likely: has he convinced the loopy Claudia that he is Matthew back from the dead and is pumping her for information about the Clarke County fiasco to help Alexis's plan along?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The only thing that bugs me about Alexis's plot is...what's the end game? She isn't trying to take over/run Carrington Atlantic herself
And while the fact that her leaking of the Clarke County scandal to the press put Blake in a difficult position (and therefore also Blake and Cristal) it will possibly - as Blake tried to explain to Cristal - damage the company severely.
She mentioned to Hank that she needed all the voting power to save C-A from Blake's incompetence (and the possibility that her children might end up with nothing), and Fallon's using the same argument albeit for different reasons.
Although I'm still not sure if Fallon wants to be C-A's #1 or because she's going to use her power to help the victims, and the Culhanes in particular.
There's something about all this that doesn't make sense since Blake is the only one who's trying to get out of this mess as smoothly as possible but he's being obstructed by Cristal, Alexis and Fallon.
I'm not saying that C-A should get away with what happened, but if Alexis and Fallon want C-A then maybe they should think first before putting the future of the company in jeopardy.
Dethroning Blake isn't going to make the problem go away.
I am also waiting for others to explain to me just how FauxAdam (Fadam?) is the father of Claudia's baby
Huh, what? Have we seen Hank before?
and the blade chopped him in half.
He was badly injured but still in one piece, I'm not sure if the blade hit him at all.
Or about as likely: has he convinced the loopy Claudia that he is Matthew back from the dead and is pumping her for information about the Clarke County fiasco to help Alexis's plan along?
She found a fake-Adam and a fake-Matthew? Now that's what I call resourceful.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Okay, I guess I really wasn't paying close enough attention, because I thought the guy talking to Claudia was "Hank" (AKA FakeAdam). So it was two different actors? :confuse:

Another issue I forgot to add has to do with Fallon and Jeff's ill-fated (thankfully) marriage. Unless things have changed in the last decade or so, Georgia requires blood tests for couples wishing to get married. This requirement was...well, to avoid scenarios like what happened with Fallon and Jeff. Georgia didn't want close relatives getting married and having children who look like later-year Habsburgs. :eek: In order to get the marriage license, they had to 'pass' the blood tests, so to speak....but obviously no blood tests were done because they would have revealed F&J were first cousins.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think I can forgive Dynasty for ignoring those real life details that most viewers aren't aware of anyway.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Okay, I guess I really wasn't paying close enough attention, because I thought the guy talking to Claudia was "Hank" (AKA FakeAdam). So it was two different actors? :confuse:

In the final scene Claudia was talking to her very much alive husband Matthew, played by actor Nick Wechsler, like in the very first episode as well. ;)
We did see the windmill explode, but he wasn't "chopped in half", the scene stopped right before we could see that. :p
Next thing we saw was Claudia accusing Blake of murdering Matthew at the mansion after the wedding... but we never actually saw the dead Matthew. They probably buried some other guy that actually WAS killed by the windmill wing and Claudia identified him at the morgue to be Matthew... now we know why... those two had plans... :cool1

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So is that Hank, or is it Matthew? Y'know what, I just don't care at this point. :D

I know there's a "prosthetic finger" joke floating around in my mind somewhere, but I'll have to think about it further.

n the final scene Claudia was talking to her very much alive husband Matthew, played by actor Nick Wechsler, like in the very first episode as well. ;)
We did see the windmill explode, but he wasn't "chopped in half", the scene stopped right before we could see that. :p
Next thing we saw was Claudia accusing Blake of murdering Matthew at the mansion after the wedding... but we never actually saw the dead Matthew. They probably buried some other guy that actually WAS killed by the windmill wing and Claudia identified him at the morgue to be Matthew... now we know why... those two had plans..

Alexis is said to have been secretly hanging out in Atlanta for the last six months, so I'm wondering if they'll claim it was around the time of the windmill mishap in Floyd County that she arrived and arranged for Matthew's hiding-out and Claudia's shenanigans. She seems to be shaping up to be omnipotent.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I would never have gotten this far to be watching if this didn't have the DYNASTY brand, no matter what CW thinks. Their actual audience is so small, there may well be more fans of the original than those belonging to their Dua Lipa target audience as a network.
Having given this big caveat, I can say now that I am actually excited about the show and its ability to surprise me. Whether the writers and execs have a plan, they have for the time being made me believe they do. I am glad they are getting a second season.

Alexis and Hank giving the finger to audiences who thought they had things figured out was brilliant. Claudia back in the plot and Matthew alive was yet another sign that someone is determined to make the second half of the show clear up the mess the first half made. Blake now has complicated relationships with both his wives, as should be. And Alexis manipulating Steven and Blake with a dead brother/child is as despicable as the first Alexis firing off the rifle. This could easily have been the season ender, to be honest. I know people would like a big explosive or fiery cliffhanger so we have next week coming, but I think the twists and turns of this one were very satisfactory.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Another issue I forgot to add has to do with Fallon and Jeff's ill-fated (thankfully) marriage. Unless things have changed in the last decade or so, Georgia requires blood tests for couples wishing to get married.

I lived in GA (if "lived" is an accurate term for rural GA residence :D) for some years in the 2000s, and that law was already abolished in 2003.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And Alexis manipulating Steven and Blake with a dead brother/child is as despicable as the first Alexis firing off the rifle.

I'd argue in some ways it's worse - Alexis firing that rifle in the original was clearly a spur of the moment decision, this whole Adam plot must've been planned for months. Not only is she going to hurt Blake, but she also sent off Steven to look for him and will inevitably also hurt Fallon with having a fake brother. The question is - does Alexis know what happened with the real Adam or not? Is he dead?