nuDynasty Episode Chat S1E21 Trashy Little Tramp

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, but Monique is portrayed as Fallon's friend and I don't mean a friend since "yesterday".
Maybe this was going on while Jeff was working for Blake, and does this also mean that he's much older than his sister and Fallon?

I thought Jeff and Monica were twins, though? Or am I remembering things all wrong (wouldn't be the first time)?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, but Monique is portrayed as Fallon's friend and I don't mean a friend since "yesterday".
Maybe this was going on while Jeff was working for Blake, and does this also mean that he's much older than his sister and Fallon?

And why would Blake be the one feeling betrayed when he knew that Jeff was his...eh, half-nephew - someone who was entitled to a part of Tom's fortune?
Then again, I don't know what the rights of illegitimate children are...

Originally, I was led to believe Fallon, Jeff, and Monique were all friends because Jeff and Monique had been given scholarships by the Carrington Foundation to attend the same high-end/stuck-up private school that Fallon went to, that Blake had decided to support them since he sent their father to jail for...some reason we didn't know, and their mother was not around...for some reason we didn't know. Earlier on we assumed Blake had had an affair with Mrs. Colby and framed Cesil to get him out of the way, only to have Mrs. C leave town rather than shack up with Blake. Then, as the real situation unfolded it looked as if Blake had given the Colby kids those scholarships out of guilt over something his father had done. Now it looks like the scholarships were also a "consolation prize" of sorts, since he had no intention of ever telling them about their mother being Tom's daughter (and sharing the fortune with them). It still has to be explained why Blake would allow them around so much when the stakes were so high--you would think he'd get them jobs straight out of college some place far, far away. They might not even try to explain that plot point--this sort of "secret that was right under your nose" is part and parcel of soap operas.

As for the rights of illegitimate children, a lot of this will hinge on whether Tom is listed on Millie's birth certificate as the legal father. I can't imagine Tom allowing her to do that, but if she did (or even left it blank) then all bets are off. If she listed some other man as the baby's father, then the lawyers could say Millie and her descendants don't have a legal claim because in the eyes of the law, she is not Tom's child, DNA be damned. If it was left blank, a judge might be swayed by a DNA match (if Blake is stupid enough to give DNA to be compared against). Tom struck me as smart enough to make sure his name was not on Millie's birth certificate, but it would not be much of a storyline if he had covered his tracks that well. For storyline's sake, I would expect them to overlook a LOT of legalities and go straight to the power struggle.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Now it looks like the scholarships were also a "consolation prize" of sorts, since he had no intention of ever telling them about their mother being Tom's daughter (and sharing the fortune with them).
I wonder if Alexis was willing to share...she plays it all very victim-y and at this point I don't even know how reliable those flashbacks are.
Someone mentioned here that Cesil had mentioned his wife's suicide attempt and now I wonder if Alexis had anything to do with that, and if that was the reason Blake kicked her out.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That would assume that Blake would cut her out of their lives because of something she did to "other people". Maybe they were different back then, but 2018Blake seems to have no problem screwing over people like the Culhanes if it is convenient. This Blake would not attempt to get on a high horse about Alexis being horrible to other people when he seems so adept at it himself. I'm guessing he banished her for something horrible she did to him personally. My pet theory is that she had an affair with Tom.

Dw725

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
That would be a very good explanation, but she didn't know Liam. She had to find out from someone else that he was a writer and what his full name was.
I'm keeping Uber-guy as a third option.

Well, not true totally. She wanted to know why he was there with Fallon. Why did she burn his book? There's a reason that she's keeping him from Fallon. Fallon still thinks his book was about her Family. Not his. Also Alexis found out his real name, which was not Liam but could be Adams name now. Maybe Alexis wasn't sure, she still has never met Adam. Maybe she had another lead but couldn't track him down bc obviously Liam's family has a lot of money. Maybe Liam talked about having a prosthetic finger in his book?

Dw725

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
It's worthy to note that they are packing so many original Dynasty storylines into 1 season. Adam, Sammy Jo, Alexis, Dominique, Blaisdale returning, and now the cabin fire?!? Also did anyone notice the foreshadowing when Fallon said, something to the effect of where's my long lost sister? When she said that, I just chuckled. It's not Monica bc they'd just be cousins.

As I said a while back, what if Liam was from a family like the Falmonts. It would be awesome to see Ted McGinley as the father.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think they will ease up on the original Dynasty plot points now that they've been renewed. In this first season they were simply trying to survive, but now they'll have a bit of a reprieve and can stop trying to do everything at once. Granted, they've set up a couple of plot points already (the eventual appearances of Dominique, RealAdam and Kirby). I actually enjoy seeing how they work major plot points of the original into a new show, but they'll have to be increasingly judicious (or just creative) as the new show departs from the original.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why did she burn his book? There's a reason that she's keeping him from Fallon
You're right, it didn't make sense since Liam proved that he wasn't a threat to the family or C-A, and she didn't have a reason to dislike him personally - in fact, this handsome heir of another dynasty was quite a catch.
But it also didn't make sense that Alexis suddenly felt the urge to "fix" her daughter's love life by encouraging Fallon's romantic feelings for Michael - and Alexis also didn't have a reason to like Michael more than Liam.
But the Fallon/Michael romance could (and did) drive a wedge between Blake and his daughter since it's mostly Culhane who's screaming blue murder about the Clarke County scandal.

Alexis has a big plan, and the whole like/dislike is probably not one of her priorities. It looks like it's all about gaining controlling interest in C-A (via all of Tom's grandchildren, including the fake one) but the reason is still not very clear.
She came to back to get everything that once belonged to her, C-A is probably not one of those things.

However, Fallon (initially the power-hungry corporate bitch) may have her own plans and maybe she doesn't want to turn C-A in a Tom's Grandchildren Show, especially if she still hates Jeff.

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
You're right, it didn't make sense since Liam proved that he wasn't a threat to the family or C-A, and she didn't have a reason to dislike him personally - in fact, this handsome heir of another dynasty was quite a catch.
But it also didn't make sense that Alexis suddenly felt the urge to "fix" her daughter's love life by encouraging Fallon's romantic feelings for Michael - and Alexis also didn't have a reason to like Michael more than Liam.

Alexis's plan hinges on being able to predict how everyone will react to her manipulations. She has a pretty good grasp of her family's weaknesses and strengths, but Liam? A mostly unknown quantity, and even worse--an inquisitive type (reporter/writer). She got him out of there quickly because he might very well screw up her well-planned operation by getting Fallon or another member of the family to do something she could not predict. It would not be out of the question for his return appearance in the finale episode to be to unmask Alexis and/or FauxAdam, as he's been doing some deep digging into Alexis's recent activities.

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
From that point of view it also makes sense that Sammy Jo had to go. He's not as "clue-ful" as Liam but he could influence Steven emotionally, and as it turns out he's not Adam's biggest fan.
Or maybe she thought that a person with a past could be shrewd enough to smell the rat.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But the Fallon/Michael romance could (and did) drive a wedge between Blake and his daughter since it's mostly Culhane who's screaming blue murder about the Clarke County scandal.

Another possibility is that Alexis knew Fallon having feelings for Michael would result in more tension between Fallon and Blake, so perhaps she got rid of Liam in order to keep that wedge between them?

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And Fallon has used the Clarke County scandal to claim her position at the helm of C-A, and she's just as determined as her father. Maybe it's more convenient to Alexis if her strong-willed daughter is madly in love drinking cocktails on the Bahamas with husband Culhane while she's making her moves with Adam and the Colbys.