• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S1E22 Dead Scratch (The Season Finale)

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
R.I.P. Matthew:(

So pretty, and yet so dead:(

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They also apply three layers of shellac to your hair, making it able to withstand hurricane-force winds.

And is Steven going to need plastic surgery after being burned to a crisp?

Would the show really fire the actor and recast his role....just to follow the events of the original? That would be mean. Oh, my....

Part of me hopes that The Carringtons see Claudia and Hank in a future newscast, reportedly on a Bonnie and Clyde-like crime spree across middle Georgia as they head to (where else) Florida. After being Alexis's finger puppet for several months, Claudia's brand of cray-cray might actually be a welcomed change of pace.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Kirby was at the main house when he got there. He got distracted. Which was just as well, since the stables was going up in flames, and he would not have known which Carrington(s) to save first, since they all seem to depend on him to do everything.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
and he would not have known which Carrington(s) to save first, since they all seem to depend on him to do everything.
What did he do? They couldn't reach him by phone and then Michael showed up and saved them. So I guess he's still chatting with Kirby?

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What did he do? They couldn't reach him by phone and then Michael showed up and saved them. So I guess he's still chatting with Kirby?

Quite possibly. She is his estranged daughter whom he hasn't seen in several years. It stands to reason he'd stay and talk with her a bit. I'm guessing in the Season 2 opener, we'll get a mini-flashback where we see Anders and Kirby have some chitchat before someone comes running in, screaming "Call 911!" or something. Then they hurry outside to see what the commotion is about, before picking up where the previous season left off.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm sure Kirby will be delighted to see the pretty pretty fire (but not so delighted at Fallon not being in it).

Luuro

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Although I preferred Fallon/Liam before the finale, I might be leaning towards Team Michael now.

Michael saved the whole damn family and has done a good job helping Fallon develop as a character this entire season. The guy even ran upstairs to help Cristal and Alexis. Liam may be a billionaire but Michael does volunteer work, he saves lives, looks out for his community, and has proven that he doesn't allow himself to be completely consumed by revenge fantasies even after being wronged. He's also a good driver.

I feel like a Fallon/Liam pairing runs the risk of getting stale quickly.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm sure Kirby will be delighted to see the pretty pretty fire (but not so delighted at Fallon not being in it).

NuKirby keeps on reminding me of how I would have re-done Original Kirby. I would have made her more like Cheryl from "Archer":

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Re-watching this for a third time - I have to wonder what the point of Claudia's "My water broke" stunt was. It really didn't help break her out and get past security. Even regular psych wards have locks.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also, while I was the first one to call out Claudia for being delusional and seeing Matthew, could they be throwing a double-twist at us?

Claudia locked Matthew in the clothes closet and then he appears when she's about to shot Cristal. Could the REAL Matthew be locked in a clothes closet and the Matthew she saw before gunning Cristal down a delusion?

Dw725

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Tommie- I didn't even think of that.

I got chills when it was revealed Matthew being a ghost, but the possibility he is actually alive trapped in that closet makes it even more complex. I feel like it is a bit weird for him to come back just to be killed again. If he is still trapped in the closet it will certainly confirm that Claudia was the one who shot Cristal. It's almost as if hank and Claudia are taking off like Joel and Rita did in the original.

This was an amazing season finale. They pulled out the stops. Steven likely got out the window. Unless he wants to fake his death bc of becoming a father. If Steven is gone, I bet Sammy Jo will be left holding the baby unbeknownst to him. Kind of a switch on how Original Sammy Jo didn't want her kid.

Michael however will likely be the fatality after saving Cristal and Alexis. It makes sense as he did say he was going to leave Atlanta and original Michael left after season 1.

Incredible back end to the season. It really turned around. I still think the Liam character poses a lot of question marks though.

ETA- I said this in the NuKirby thread: Does anyone else see the correlation of how Alexis entered in the original season 1 finale similar to the entrance of Kirby here? We never saw either face. But Fallon did recognize Alexis in the original. Another nod to the original

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have to wonder what the point of Claudia's "My water broke" stunt was
I wonder why the nurse acted so confused and why there had to be a stunt in the first place. She was a patient but she was also a very pregnant woman screaming she was in pain - gee, what could that mean?
Unless she isn't pregnant at all.
Could the REAL Matthew be locked in a clothes closet
The psychosis becomes reality, now that would be a spectacular return from the grave.