• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E16: Miserably Ungrateful Men

Favourite quote?

• Adam to Fallon: Carringtons don't do red tape

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Dale to Fallon: You have nothing to show for yourself but a string of failures and scandals

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Fallon to Alexis: If anyone knows how to weasel their way out of a tricky situation, it's you

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Alexis to Jeff: I've been better

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Blake to public: Ladies and gentlemen...Adam Carrington!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have fought my entire life for the respect and privilige that you have given him in just 48 hrs

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Kirby: Yeah, I am

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Description: A damaging article threatens the strength of the Carrington reputation; Fallon seeks to get ahead of the narrative by fast-tracking a slate-cleaning memoir; Blake throws a celebratory party; Cristal asks Sam to chaperon an intimidating visitor.

Okay, I assume they purposely "wrote around" Alexis's fate in order to keep from spoiling anything. I recall the reporter showing up at the Carrington mansion a while back and us joking that she ought to simply buy out the magazine to bury the story--maybe they decided we had the right idea?

Is it just me, or do they 'throw a celebratory party' in virtually every episode?

Here's hoping "intimidating visitor" is code for hotttt-ayyy….:cool1

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The prognosis on Alexis is not as bad as it looked: the doc claims she has superficial damage to her face and throat and will need skin grafts, etc. Luckily (!?!) Adam had been there to perform first aid after her drunken fall into the fireplace. Blake and Fallon think such a thing is perfectly in character for Alexis and seem particularly unconcerned.

Adam (right by her side, naturally) suggests she should not make matters worse by speaking, if you know what I mean. She kind of grunts and gesticulates but nothing else.

Contemporary Metro
does quite the hatchet job on Fallon, and the family by extension. So Fallon proposes a memoir (she's 26!) to counter all the bad publicity. A series of uncomfortable questions from a ghost-writer ends with the writer getting fired---and Fallon chugging whisky straight from the bottle. She ends up writing eight chapters herself--I can just imagine the humble-bragging involved in that.

Pressured to visit her father in Mexico, Cristal tells him to pound sand. But daddy sends her brother (cue hottie alert) to pressure her into putting a 'family friend' Carlos on the soccer team. She knows it's another attempt to get his hooks into her, but she hands off Carlos's file to Blake anyway.

Alexis has a white-board and Jeff comes to visit---but before she can write anything, Adam pops up again. Jeff wants to take her home to recuperate at his house, but Adam tries to talk him out of it (even hugging him). I sense seeds being planted for Alexis to become the Widow Colby. The stand-in lady is earning that paycheck, I gotta admit.

Blake manages to get the State of Georgia to re-instate Adam's medical license to be a lower-level doc on the soccer team's medical staff. Dr. Adam wastes no time hacking into the Chief Doctor's computer. Seems the 'top doc' has a cache of 'spank-bank' photos of his secretary, and even Fallon....creating quite the dumpster fire (oops, sorry Alexis). I'm guessing Adam planted at least one of them. So Adam is now the Chief Doctor for the team. Only there isn't a team yet.

Fallon is rattling on and on about her problems as her critically-injured mother sits there as a captive audience. Quite a unique level of self-absorption in that room. She even refers to Alexis as "mummy" without irony.

Sam ends up in a strip joint (ew, girls...) with Cristal's brother, and the alcohol loosens the brother's lips enough to give Sam the idea that Cristal's family is bad news. Sam hates having to "entertain" Cristal's brother, so when the Carlos thing goes down in flames (oops, sorry Alexis), she tells Sam his babysitting duties are now over.

Fallon suggests Adam kiss Blake on the mouth--"I'm sure he would love that."

The real man-on-man kissing at the party, however, is Cristal's brother and some random dude. Sam walks in and....well, the ice is definitely broken. Sam assures him it's all right--even mentions Aunt Celia!--and urges him to make nice with Cristal. The brother gives her some kind of file that has pictures of the Carringtons, claiming he's not going to hurt anyone and instead he'll stall their father.

Fallon goes to the publisher who's been jerking her around and announces the biggest jerk of all...oh,wait, that didn't come out right. She announces that she bought the publishing company out from under the guy. And guess which would-be author shows up to express his shock over the change of management?

Adam gives the nurse a photograph that Alexis wants the plastic surgeon to use "as a guide". The nurse looks kind of skeptical. Hope it's not Joan Van Ark.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like silent, scribbling Alexis. It's like she's a ghost.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm looking forward to Adam poisoning Jeff Colby with paint.

I'm loving the idea of Adam as a real psycho/serial killer, which is something the original Dynasty should have developed after season 3, instead of becoming repentant after Kirby.

J

jeromeGB

The prognosis on Alexis is not as bad as it looked: the doc claims she has superficial damage to her face and throat and will need skin grafts, etc. Luckily (!?!) Adam had been there to perform first aid after her drunken fall into the fireplace. Blake and Fallon think such a thing is perfectly in character for Alexis and seem particularly unconcerned.

Adam (right by her side, naturally) suggests she should not make matters worse by speaking, if you know what I mean. She kind of grunts and gesticulates but nothing else.

Contemporary Metro
does quite the hatchet job on Fallon, and the family by extension. So Fallon proposes a memoir (she's 26!) to counter all the bad publicity. A series of uncomfortable questions from a ghost-writer ends with the writer getting fired---and Fallon chugging whisky straight from the bottle. She ends up writing eight chapters herself--I can just imagine the humble-bragging involved in that.

Pressured to visit her father in Mexico, Cristal tells him to pound sand. But daddy sends her brother (cue hottie alert) to pressure her into putting a 'family friend' Carlos on the soccer team. She knows it's another attempt to get his hooks into her, but she hands off Carlos's file to Blake anyway.

Alexis has a white-board and Jeff comes to visit---but before she can write anything, Adam pops up again. Jeff wants to take her home to recuperate at his house, but Adam tries to talk him out of it (even hugging him). I sense seeds being planted for Alexis to become the Widow Colby. The stand-in lady is earning that paycheck, I gotta admit.

Blake manages to get the State of Georgia to re-instate Adam's medical license to be a lower-level doc on the soccer team's medical staff. Dr. Adam wastes no time hacking into the Chief Doctor's computer. Seems the 'top doc' has a cache of 'spank-bank' photos of his secretary, and even Fallon....creating quite the dumpster fire (oops, sorry Alexis). I'm guessing Adam planted at least one of them. So Adam is now the Chief Doctor for the team. Only there isn't a team yet.

Fallon is rattling on and on about her problems as her critically-injured mother sits there as a captive audience. Quite a unique level of self-absorption in that room. She even refers to Alexis as "mummy" without irony.

Sam ends up in a strip joint (ew, girls...) with Cristal's brother, and the alcohol loosens the brother's lips enough to give Sam the idea that Cristal's family is bad news. Sam hates having to "entertain" Cristal's brother, so when the Carlos thing goes down in flames (oops, sorry Alexis), she tells Sam his babysitting duties are now over.

Fallon suggests Adam kiss Blake on the mouth--"I'm sure he would love that."

The real man-on-man kissing at the party, however, is Cristal's brother and some random dude. Sam walks in and....well, the ice is definitely broken. Sam assures him it's all right--even mentions Aunt Celia!--and urges him to make nice with Cristal. The brother gives her some kind of file that has pictures of the Carringtons, claiming he's not going to hurt anyone and instead he'll stall their father.

Fallon goes to the publisher who's been jerking her around and announces the biggest jerk of all...oh,wait, that didn't come out right. She announces that she bought the publishing company out from under the guy. And guess which would-be author shows up to express his shock over the change of management?

Adam gives the nurse a photograph that Alexis wants the plastic surgeon to use "as a guide". The nurse looks kind of skeptical. Hope it's not Joan Van Ark.

You made me laugh so much with your Joan Van Ark comment!!!

E-JULIAN

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I told you! I saw this scene in my mind, Adam menacing a seriously burned Alexis in pain if she talks too much (even mentioning the Hank/FakeAdam story) right after last episode cliffhanger. But they opted for the hospital version... NP

I sense seeds being planted for Alexis to become the Widow Colby.
I agree dear Daniel, looks like Jeff could marry Alexis... And maybe this time is not just Adam vs Jeff (paint) but Adam vs Michael too, for the love of Kirby.

OMG! Not Joan please! It's obvious Alexis 3.0 will be younger than Nicolette Sheridan, as some members here suggested.

Last edited:

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe Alexis marries Jeff, and Adam kills him off?

That would be great.

I think Adam's bringing more than a touch of Revenge to Dynasty with his take downs. Would be great if there was one a week like in original Revenge and a grand scheme to bring all the Carringtons down.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
And of course after such an exciting and brilliant last episode in which something utterly shocking occurred, the first 3 minutes of this episode totally do away with any sense of tension or, even reality. Blake and Fallon waltz into the hospital room and see a mummified Alexis and genuinely just brush it off as her having one too many chardonnay and then sail back out of her room in 2 minutes. As if anyone could witness their ex- wife or mother for that matter lying in that state and totally disregard it as nothing but a silly drunken accident. WHO IS WRITING THIS MESS!?

Was that just nuDynasty's version of a Royal Wedding resolution?

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
So... after three weeks of vacation writing-team insta-crap is finally back in business.
I have nothing more to say to that episode. I just watched it and knew it already after THREE (!!) seconds, when i saw Fallons "reaction" to her burned mum.
I don't know how much longer i can take this.. shifting of quality universes. :re:

edit: And NO, i did NOT read Alexis' comment before to just join the canon nor was i influenced by any other comment - just to prevent that sort of insinuations. I just finished that crap episode 3 minutes ago after 40 minutes that felt like a lifetime of boredom and waste. That's right up there with how i felt after "Dynasty - THE REUNION" after that great Season 9! :D

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Also Fallon pushing that feminist oppression bullshit on Blake and the other men in this episode was, well, atrocious. Although its fairly common on a lot of shows now. She has had the ultimate life of rich white girl privilege and excess. She's not needed to work at all for a living, she wasn't qualified to be a CEO. Adam may well be an insane nutcase but he went to medical school and trained and qualified as a doctor. The agenda in the episode didn't really work.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm looking forward to Adam poisoning Jeff Colby with paint.

But not, if team insta-crap does it. That would be just like a very, very, very, very, VERY BAAAAD parody of the original, and i just don't want the original storylines to be trashed like that any longer!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
What really killed it for me was Fallon and Adam's little bitchy back and forth outside Alexis' hospital room. Alexis laying there horrifically burned, Fallon not so much as attempting to hug her or ask what happened in any detail? Not wanting to stay and speak to doctors. No she just goes out and has a little snooty snarky ridiculously scripted spat with Adam.

Also did the bust darts on Fallon's jumpsuit come undone? Or was that the look she was going for? Busted Nipple Chic?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Also Fallon pushing that feminist oppression bullshit on Blake and the other men in this episode was, well, atrocious. Although its fairly common on a lot of shows now. She has had the ultimate life of rich white girl privilege and excess. She's not needed to work at all for a living, she wasn't qualified to be a CEO. Adam may well be an insane nutcase but he went to medical school and trained and qualified as a doctor. The agenda in the episode didn't really work.
All men are privileged, all women are oppressed. Don't we know that by now?

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think Adam Huber was the bright star of this episode, Liam had the best line and the greatest scene. By far. Two seconds of REALLY good material, my jaw is still dropping!

Last edited:

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I think the reason this episode left me cold is that speech, more than anything else. That is a speech written for original Fallon. THIS Fallon is such a travesty, such a perversion of the original unique character, that she makes the show laughable without any self-awareness of how laughable it is. Overall the episode was mediocre, and any sense of anticipation is gone, but Fallon is now a huge liability for me. The more she is on, the more I don't want to watch.

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Last night's episode reverted back to the "I think I've been dumbed down" level. When I saw how they dressed "Alexis" in the turban and fruity-looking, matching blouse (with similar-colored balloons hanging nearby), I was like, WTF? She almost looked like she had a fruit basket on her head. My partner said, "I thought you were intelligent. Why do you watch this shit"? I made him watch Original Dynasty a few years back, so he's made me watch shows like Real Housewives since then. I had to remind him that at least the season storyline arc didn't revolve around panty-gate or dog drama, although I'm starting to believe NuDynasty wants to dumb down its audience with its bipolar storylines/episodes.

Artur

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What would have to happen to Alexis to make her family treat her seriously? Will she always remain a joke to everybody? I wouldn't be surprised if the next time Fallon takes a marker and draws the whiskers on her mother's bandaged face to make her look more like a cat and shares the photo on Instagram.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Isn't there something we can do, like, organize a protest march in Atlanta or chain ourselves to the mansion or intercept the scripts and change them (before the actors receive them).