• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E21: Thicker Than Money

Who should become the True Alexis-type villain?

• Dominique

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Alexis 3.0

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Cristal 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam in drag

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Tori Spelling, played by Tori Spelling

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Description: "Fallon's pursuit of a game-changing deal for Femperial is complicated when Blake asks her to mentor Adam; a rift arises between Blake and Cristal when he asks her to choose between her family and his."

**Blake just saw Adam intentionally strike Fallon, and now he's pressing her to work with him? Yeah, uh-huh...

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It would make a nifty plot point/callback if Adam was spotted in the background of one of Sam's 10,001 selfies from the trip to Paris, kicking off a story about Sam learning Adam was the one gas-lighted (gaslit?) Steven.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Anders hires a bunch of Insta-clowns to cheer him up, but Sammy Jo can't stop crying.
At the end of the episode, Anders offers him the only remaining selfie - it's the one Sammy Jo took when they were searching his selfies for evidence. Aaaw, so sweet!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Adam is supposed to just observe, not contribute in the meeting. "I'm looking forward to working underneath you..." NOT HELPING

What did Blake mean by "She's not blood...and it's starting to show?"

"Stay away from me, Flowers in the Attic!" STILL NOT HELPING

Sam got a divorce settlement and is spending it like a drunken sailor. No offense to drunken sailors. Dear God, he's bought a hotel!

Anders refers to Dominique as "Mrs. Colby," so I guess he doesn't own a Dominique Deveraux's Greatest Hits CD. If there ever was one. I like that she easily refers to Blake as 'her brother' without any sort of pause--none of Jeff and Monica's "smell a fart" facial expression every time the word "Carrington" is mentioned.

Blake's been sending 'Millie' checks to keep her mouth shut about her heritage--up until two months ago. So that may have something to do with why she came back. And if she wants to see another dollar, she'll get Jeff to get the feds off Blake's back.

Blake's insistence on Cristal's loyalty (choose allegiance to him over her family) would have seemed simple earlier in the season when she was supposedly doing everything she could to get away from them. But has Blake slammed the door on their future?

Why does Fallon still allow Blake to force her and Adam together? He assaulted her.

Cristal drops off $5 million at Michael's place (something to do with Ada Stone?) as a going-away present of sorts, to say Totes sorry Blake screwed you over. She announces she's leaving for Mexico, but I'm suspicious of the whole scene. Maybe it's the Carmen Sandiego outfit she's wearing. She then ends up going to the FBI to spill her guts.

Kirby returns to help Fallon recover a client that Fallon lost due to Adam's dirty tricks. Maybe we could give her one of Cristal's hats to complete the Mata Hari look.

Jeff--well recovered--puts two and two together regarding the office's paint scheme because one of the painters also got sick. He (foolishly, I think) confronts Adam in that non-confrontational way everybody confronts everyone these days. When Jeff tells Dominique about the scene, she vows to be right by his side as he seeks revenge. With her hand in his pocket, I'm sure.

The final five minutes features Fallon/Liam finally getting some alone-time (and making the most of it); Michael and Kirby falling into bed (ignorance is bliss); and Cristal and Blake laying their cards on the table for everyone to see. And Anders, fresh from trying to talk sense to happy hotelier Sammy Jo, has a fainting spell on the street. No, not our Anders!!

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks Avery. usually, I don't read spoilers. But now I don't care anymore.
Anyways, why does almost all of this look terrible ?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
[shrugs] I'm entertained. [/shrugs]

I know that the 21st episode of the season should be setting up the situations for the big cliffhanger, but I felt this episode was actually more focused on closing down some of the major plotlines of the season, or at least tying up some of the loose ends. They also set up a few new things (like the hotel, I hope we can refer to it as La Garbage, and the thing with Anders, which may or may not be a major development). We finally got an answer on which 'side' Cristal 2.0 is on, and it looks as if Liam and Fallon will finally consummate their marriage a full year after their divorce.

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Some observations…it shouldn’t take suffering and stumbling through most of an episode to get to some quality bits. In any case…

Does Fallon ever take a breath when she speaks? It’s super annoying. The characters talking over each other is getting progressively worse. There’s hardly even a second between character responses and reactions. It’s just not normal, but quite distracting. I guess with the trillion scenes they try to cram into each episode, they feel the need to stuff as much dialogue and caustic remarks in before someone flips the channel (I actually did flip the channel to check the baseball game score right in the middle of one of Fallon's rants - felt exhilarating). In other news, Fallon didn’t even read her father’s text message and already knew what the message was about - not enough time in the episode for that! Cue to writers: stop rushing everything. Sometimes less is more. Simplicity and clarity lead to good design.

I like Michael Michele, and I know it’s early on, but noticed at times she seems to be channeling Vanessa Williams and not Dominique Devereaux. She got better as the episode progressed. I actually like the creepy Adam/Fallon interactions…pretty funny, especially when Fallon is speechless which rarely happens.

Ciao, for now…

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh Adam - you're no Neil McVane, are you?

How on earth are they going to afford that hotel set in the long run without it turning into a pastel windowless nightmare? All hail the Netflix money this show is getting!!

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
[shrugs] I'm entertained. [/shrugs]

I know that the 21st episode of the season should be setting up the situations for the big cliffhanger, but I felt this episode was actually more focused on closing down some of the major plotlines of the season, or at least tying up some of the loose ends. They also set up a few new things (like the hotel, I hope we can refer to it as La Garbage, and the thing with Anders, which may or may not be a major development). We finally got an answer on which 'side' Cristal 2.0 is on, and it looks as if Liam and Fallon will finally consummate their marriage a full year after their divorce.

You're forgetting that Adam seemed to be setting up Fallon (though I thought he looked more like Kirby in drag?) for something.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm surprised. The episode actually ended up to be good !
I enjoyed it. SO it's a good surprise.

It was about time that Michael remembered his father. I also love the fact that writers made Anders say to Sam that he (without his aunt and Steven) doesn't know what his place is. I really think there is a continuity effort. Even Fallon reminded us things from previous episodes (Alexis doing a new surgery, Adam slapping her). it's nice that she's actually working, and that she's sticking to her publishing business and want to expand it to a media empire. And it needs to be successful. Because Fallon always claims she's a successful business woman, but before Femperial she failed many times, or it went nowhere :

- Her energy company with Jeff (Morell Corp)
- Her projet to create a music label with Monica
- Her job at Atlantix (head relation and PR)

I really like smart Kirby. I LOVE that she's in no way the psychotic/messy girl they wanted to introduce by the end of season 1 and early season 2.
Adam is definitely a great addition. Blake and Cristal worked this time imo.
Adam in Drag looked like a mix between Cristal2.0 and Kirby more than Fallon o_O But yes, it had Neil McVane vibes.

Anyway, I'm happy I don't have to complain ;):D and I'm grateful that the writers are starting to fix some important details.

Last edited:

nostalgicstudent

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Overal this episode was amazing, good pacing, interesting developments, but I really don't care for Sam's storylines, they all feel like filler and he is such a freeloader that it annoys me. I was also rather sad to find out Cristal was faking the defiance and actually was on Blake's side, because her faking to be against Blake and ratting him out was the most Ive ever liked her. Curious for next weeks finale as this ep didnt set that much up for a finale

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I find it funny that in the original, the writers kind of threw La Mirage at Fallon because they clearly had no clue what to do with her after Alexis took over the show; with Sammy Jo they clearly have no idea what to do with him post-Celia and Steven, so they give him La Mirage or La Garbage or whatever. At least I can buy this Sammy Jo in the hospitality business more than Fallon 1.0, who I imagine would just sneer at her customers.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Once again, when they take a more serious angle, it works well.
Exactly my thoughts after watching the latest installment. Treat the characters like adults and the results speak for themselves. On the downside I wish the writing team would ease up on Fallon. She speaks like every word she mutters is a matter of importance which degenerates the other characters. I cannot believe I'm about to say this but for once I'd like a comic relief scene when Fallon is talking non-stop only to realize everyone has left the room :lol:

Kirby looked smoking hot in this episode and for once I liked her interaction with other characters; namely Fallon, Liam, Michael and Sam. I'm glad the writing team didn't go down the path of making Kirby psycho. That's the job for Adam. Seriously this guy has me mesmerized with his facial expressions. Kudos to the casting director because Sam (Adam) has an excellent grasp on playing weirdness. It's borderline hilarity and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

I'm still not certain what the writers have installed for Anders and Sam but those final scenes with Anders meandering down a lonely street was heartbreaking. Are we about to see another of the original cast leave? Everyone here on Soapchat has been screaming out for a character to be the moral compass. Lately it appears Anders has been fulfilling that role. It's not the Anders I would have written but I've enjoyed his calmness especially with Sam. If Anders survives this I see a seismic shift in the relationship between the two. Will Sam become Butler of the Carrington Mansion?

Once again the writing team missed the mark with the Colby clan. The scenes between mother and son would have carried weight if Monica was there. She is the moral compass in that family but what I'm seeing is Dominique prodding Jeff to take on Blake Carrington...careful what you wish for sister.

Overall I enjoyed this episode. There was something earthy about it, relatable perhaps. I just wish those behind the scenes understood the actors have the goods to deliver but I suspect many of those actors feel let down by the immature scripts.

Score; B-

As usual Bo nailed his scene.

Last edited: