• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S2E21: Thicker Than Money

Who should become the True Alexis-type villain?

• Dominique

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Alexis 3.0

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Cristal 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam in drag

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Tori Spelling, played by Tori Spelling

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I liked the 'reunion' between Blake and Dominique. Though she has been away for 16 years, she waltzed into the mansion as if she felt right at home--even though I imagine she wasn't a frequent house-guest even when she was originally in town. She didn't act like he was doing her a favor by letting her into the mansion, but she didn't overplay her self-confidence.

I don't know why I didn't figure out beforehand that Blake had been paying her off to keep her mouth shut; it makes perfect sense. When Tom died, she could have barged in and demanded a share of the estate...but she didn't, because Blake's regular pay-offs were a sure thing, whereas contesting the will might not turn out her way and she'd end up with nothing. Blake's demand that she get Jeff off his trail seems kind of a red herring now, given Blake achieved his goal of shifting some of the blame for his legal troubles onto Michael. Of course if Jeff continues to nip at Blake's heels, Blake could go the opposite route with Dominique. He could threaten to reveal she only came back to Atlanta because she wanted the money from Blake, not because she wanted a tearful reunion with her adult kids. He probably knows about her second family, too.

Speaking of Michael, is it wrong for me to be totally unconcerned about his being framed? I'm so ready for this whole soccer team/legalized gambling stuff to be settled that I'm willing to sacrifice that character. Besides, he can come back later on, eager for revenge when the show needs to have a new troublemaker. Having Michael leave (okay, head 'up the river') will free up some salary $$ to push Wakeema Hollis into the opening credits.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
To be honest @Daniel Avery I don't give a damn about Michael. He can be killed, he can go, I really don't care. But I will be really sorry for the actor, because I never wish someone to lose a job.

But his character doesn't interest me much and I'd prefer to have Steven back over his character.
The interaction between Steven and Adam were quite interesting in original Dynasty. And Steven's relation with Fallon was important too. I'm still unhappy that absolutely no characters care about him right now. I hope Season 3 will fix that.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was also rather sad to find out Cristal was faking the defiance and actually was on Blake's side
Yes, I liked the idea that this situation was bringing out the worst in these characters, and it looked like they were heading for a super-dramatic fallout.
Making Culhane the casualty is not very spectacular imho - but maybe there will be unexpected consquences!

Adam is so hot and kinky (*sniffs Liam*) but all his scenes with Fallon are awful, it's exactly that slapstick stuff that I don't want to see.
Everyone around her is automatically reduced to a sidekick, I wish it would stop.
Sammy Jo was being a total asshole, trying to burn his money as fast as possible. I was hoping it would result in an emotional breakdown, but now that issue is going be upstaged by Anders' health problems.

Dominique couldn't be the black bitch on O.Dynasty so I hope she's going to be the "Alexis" that this show is lacking.
Actually, I got strong Blake-Alexis vibes from their conversation in the study. Is she going to double-cross Blake or Jeff? And then there's still that other family of hers.
To be honest, I don't miss Alexis at all.

Ferdnand Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Making Culhane the casualty is not very spectacular imho - but maybe there will be unexpected consquences!

Culhane has become really useless. Now he's Kirby's lover, he might be working at Atlantix, and something with the FBI, but for some reason these stories are not interesting when they should and feel like a filler.

Adam is so hot and kinky (*sniffs Liam*)

I thought for a moment that Adam was gonna kiss Liam!

To be honest, I don't miss Alexis at all.

Nicolette's Alexis was disastrous and so she became useless too. She was really dorky, and never had time to date a guy. She didn't even have a job, or friends, or something to care about. I think a woman like her should be like Ivanna Trump, but instead she was written like she used to be a gold digger when she was a Carrington, and she lost everything (including intelligence) after divorce. I think Celia was more focused on what she wanted and how it could be possible than Alexis.

Blake and Cristal 2.0: I don't know why, but... I'm feeling like they're becoming the token evil characters we usually find in daily soap operas. I think they're about to hysterically laugh at the end of some line, like "we fooled everyone, muahahaha"

To me, Sam is believable as the owner of the hotel, he's a millennial using his money (Carrington money is closer to infinite, btw). However, I'm not sure if I could refer to it as La Garbage, it sounds kind of rude, LOL... Back to serious, I'm afraid about the scripts. The idea of having a hotel could add interesting stories about rich people coming to Atlanta for business, but... are the writers going to understand this? Hope so!!!

Btw, Bo should be in the credits. I really like that dog.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
He can rename this!

Though I wonder if this means the Club Colby set is toast? Seems excessive to keep both, plus I don't like it.

They shuffle through businesses in quick succession on this show so I wouldn't be surprised.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Liz Gillies deserves an Oscar and a Nobel prize for having to memorize such heaps of rhetorical speech. And then she still finds the time to toss her hair over her shoulder.
Or is she reading it from her phone? Or maybe that's why they gave her Femperial, she can pretend to read book synopses but in reality it's that absurd amount of dialogue that she has to cram into every scene.
And in every sentence there's a joke, an insult and a pop culture reference! Bravo, bravo!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I actually got a belly laugh from her Flowers in the Attic reference. They do manage to drop some very witty lines into her mouth. The problem is that it comes off as too "polished" in the snappy dialogue/quick editing style, because you never get a moment of time ( a "beat") where the characters are reacting to the previous line, then dropping those snappy replies.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Many characters are written differently, there was never any guarantee that "Alexis" would become the powerhouse that she was in O.Dynasty.
They took it to the extreme and wrote her as the infamous Miserable Has-Been, and maybe I could have enjoyed that angle if the writing had been better.
Sometimes she was written as a scheming vixen, but most of the time she embodied all those characters who outstayed their welcome in O.Dynasty.
I did appreciate the fact that they actually acknowledged this sorry state of affairs - fiction blurred into reality - hence her suicide attempt.
Unfortunately this couldn't undo all the rubbish they had served up before she reached this point.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Imagine a Dallas reboot, with a broke trailer trash JR, clownesque attitude, humiliated by other characters, ...
It wouldn't be JR

You CAN'T take such iconic and important characters like JR and Alexis to turn them into jokes. That's the ultimate insult to the original show, and to their fans.

PS Imagine James Beaumont putting JR's face into a burning barbecue ? Then JR having surgery. And later, having Josh Anderson playing both John Ross III and JR ??? Yeah, that would be insanely stupid. Yet, NuDynasty did it.

Last edited:

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Imagine James Beaumont putting JR's face into a burning barbecue

Maybe pushing your mother's face into a fire is the new having your father committed to an asylum.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Listen, I've put up with a lot of implausible nonsense from the peach Dynasty, but I draw the line here: nobody walks around Atlanta in the evening.

Ferdnand Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
PS Imagine James Beaumont putting JR's face into a burning barbecue ? Then JR having surgery. And later, having Josh Anderson playing both John Ross III and JR ??? Yeah, that would be insanely stupid. Yet, NuDynasty did it.

Hahaha... and recovered in a week...
God bless soap opera's plastic surgeons!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
nobody walks around Atlanta in the evening

Amen and hallelujah to that. Even a man who supposedly has all this self-defense knowledge and (likely) packs heat, Anders would be smart enough never to venture onto the streets of Atlanta alone at night, even in the nicer neighborhoods. Even if Anders was just walking to his car (from visiting Sam at the hotel), he should have had his keys in his hand. I was sure the homeless people who crowded around him were going to rob him, though the staging didn't show it (yet). Of course the whole scene was kind of ambiguous. I know nighttime soaps often set up such sub-plots around the end of the season to have multiple 'jeopardies' but I guess we'll just have to see. This is a very different Atlanta than the one I'm familiar with, of course...

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hahaha... and recovered in a week...
God bless soap opera's plastic surgeons!

Those plastic surgeons are so talented. Not only they can change your facial traits, but also change your bones structure, size, hair implantations and color, but also your teeth and your age. With not a single scar. I also love their vocal cords surgery. Do you have their numbers ? I indeed need an appointment asap (I'm going for the Ryan Goseling look. Wish me luck)

Ferdnand Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Those plastic surgeons are so talented. Not only they can change your facial traits, but also change your bones structure, size, hair implantations and color, but also your teeth and your age. With not a single scar. I also love their vocal cords surgery. Do you have their numbers ? I indeed need an appointment asap (I'm going for the Ryan Goseling look. Wish me luck)

Hahaha I need those numbers too!