• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E01: Guilt Trip to Alaska (Season Premiere)

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Just as lazy was the ease with which Adam was able to go into the morgue and switch the bodies. Most of his schemes have a Scooby-doo quality, which is sad considering his original con game with Steven. BTW, how come Jeff after 24 hours is declared missing but Steven after months is not missed by a single person?

Steven isn't missing though - he's in rehab in France. Who knows what Adam gave him and what state he's in? For all the family knows he wants to be left alone to sort things out and he's supposedly pulled that sort of thing before, so I'm not surprised nobody's missing him as such.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Season 2 finale was so bad, no wonder that it didn't bring avid watchers wanting more. The Fallexis farce was also too much and I think it hurt the show in a level writers can't even imagine. Having a third Cristal doesn't help. In youtube comments, under the season 3 trailer, many comments are about the third Cristal, and how people making fun of it, or just being disgusted.

They should have never got rid of Nathalie Kelley and killed the first Cristal in the first place.

What would be below 0.1? I mean... just out of curiosity... :hide:

I don't know. Producers' denial ? :D

EDIT : a question about the ending of season 3 premiere. Why do you think Fallon "sold" Blake to the police ? I mean she says that Trixie's death was an accident. Then she tells that Mack was the one who threw Trixie's body in the lake. That no-one asked him to do it. And that Mack confessed it to Fallon years later.

She never mentions Mack's death or Mack's murderer.

Last edited:

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Season 2 finale was so bad, no wonder that it didn't bring avid watchers wanting more. The Fallexis farce was also too much and I think it hurt the show in a level writers can't even imagine. Having a third Cristal doesn't help. In youtube comments, under the season 3 trailer, many comments are about the third Cristal, and how people making fun of it, or just being disgusted.

They should have never got rid of Nathalie Kelley and killed the first Cristal in the first place.

I don't know. Producers' denial ? :D

EDIT : a question about the ending of season 3 premiere. Why do you think Fallon "sold" Blake to the police ? I mean she says that Trixie's death was an accident. Then she tells that Mack was the one who threw Trixie's body in the lake. That no-one asked him to do it. And that Mack confessed it to Fallon years later.

She never mentions Mack's death or Mack's murderer.

That's what I thought I heard too, but was confused as to why Blake was getting arrested. :confuse:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Look at this comment section... We used to be more posters here, for season 2 premiere.
I don't know who is the CW target for the show, but as original fans, they missed
That's what I thought I heard too, but was confused as to why Blake was getting arrested. :confuse:

That's the "mistery of the day". They want us to wonder what happens,d and why Blake is under arrested.

Anyway, I don't know who is the CW target for the show, but they missed it. And as fans of the original, they missed us too. Look at this comment section... We used to be more posters here, for season 2 premiere.

JamesF

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Aside from the worst excesses of the "humour" that this show goes for (Adam over the table etc), I thought this was pretty strong.

New Cristal is a really good fit and she can act. Her enemy chemistry with Dominique was on point and on par with the relationship that was developing between Cristal 1.0 and Alexis in Season 1.

On that note, now that the show has chosen to ignore Alexis for the time being and refocus on Dominique, I think it's working a lot better. The characterisation of Dominique is far more in keeping with how I think Alexis should have been positioned. Of course the history isn't there but she's essentially a greedy bitch and jostling for power. I can enjoy that without being annoyed in the way I was with Alexis.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
What would be below 0.1? I mean... just out of curiosity... :hide:

It was expected that it would fall in total viewers in the 9PM slot - last year Crazy Ex-Girlfriend premiered to 400k viewers and fell as low as 310k in the same slot, so...

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Anyway, I don't know who is the CW target for the show, but they missed it. And as fans of the original, they missed us too. Look at this comment section... We used to be more posters here, for season 2 premiere.

That's because they released it the next day on Netflix worldwide...

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
how come Jeff after 24 hours is declared missing but Steven after months is not missed by a single person?
It's these kind of scenarios which tests the credibility of a series and whether its worth my scant few hours of leisure I have remaining in any given day to invest. How interesting that most people miss Steven and original Cristal yet those higher up - after careful consideration ;) - let them go.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No many of us - not to say "none" - care about Jeff. Even in social medias, watchers don't care about Jeff. Yet, he's still a series regular, and Steven is not.
I supposed the CW mystery test panels "love" Jeff...

The CW should let writers develop characters, and let them have organic evolution, relation. If I remember well, writers didn't want to Jams Mckay to be let go... And I'm quite sure Nathalie Kelley would still be here, without those f...ing panels...

Also the CW (ex UPN/WB) is known for forcing the producers to have some actors... My friend used to work with them a merchandising licensee for TV series Charmed. He told me that actor Jason Lewis was forced to the producers and writing team of the show. They had to create this new character (Dex Lawson) for 6 episodes, just because.

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've also wondered how much of Sallie's soap tropes is left lingering over Season 3 and when we'll see Josh Reims influence kick into gear.

His influence is already striking. Josh Reims has even recasted Adam's cufflink :

Season 2 cufflink :

AC, as Adam Carrington.
But I tend to think it was a foreshadowing message. AC stands for Another Cristal :D

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A lot of the episode's action has been covered, so my attempt at live-blogging (or would it be tape-delayed blogging?) will just fill in some blanks.

Fallon: "You've already apologized twice...you think the third time's a charm?"
C3: "I hope so."
(We knew they'd have to say something)

So Blake's idea of a cover story is that Mack dumped Trixie ten years ago and somehow also ended up there? I've heard of guilt making you 'beat yourself up', but guilty feelings didn't cause Mack to beat himself to death. Oh, well...

During the softball 'interrogation':
Adam: "Her Name was Trixie??"
c3: "I just got here."

From the credits: lots of "new" names in the producer credits. Josh Reims wrote this episode, too.

Dominique is "holding out hope" they find Jeff, she claims.
"Were you holding out hope at Sak's? 'Cause that coat looks expensive."--always can count on Monica casting shade on her momma.

BO! Bo was guarding Kirby's stuff as it sat in the foyer. Blake apparently kicked her out. Bo should have asked to go with her (and her wombat).
Anders: "Getting away from the manor will be the best thing to ever happen to you." And yet, Anders lingers?

The GA Aquarium is just as nice as I remember. I remember being amazed by that "tunnel" walkway under the beluga whale tank. It really does lend itself to be a venue for events like that, and photographs well. Which makes it even weirder that Sam didn't want to go. He'd never miss a party...or a chance to take a few thousand selfies.

Fallon and C3 had a good moment, but I miss A-BC's accent. And of course her hair. Didn't care for C3's Reynolds Wrap dress.
Dominique and C3's moment was a bit less syrupy, but set the table quite nicely.

"I liked you better when you were alive."

"Blake Carrington, you are under arrest."
"Yeah, and I'm also naked." (The line should have been "...and I'm also under my badass wife.")

From the look of that promo for ep2, Liam's condition might just be played for laughs...which is fine since amnesia deserves mockery.

Can't wait for next week!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Just having a nosey in here and cant believe that there have been 3 Crystals and there is no Alexis. So by season 3 they have got rid of 3 major roles, 2 of which were the same character! Don't actors get bound to at least a 3 year contract anymore? You used to read all the time of actors being stuck in a show until their contract ended.

What a shit storm! They have taken Original DYNASTY's problematic re-casting history and turned it into a plot point and in fact a requirement for the new show. This is exactly the kind of mindset you just knew that the producers would take. Not even one ounce of semi-reality. Nothing can be taken even remotely seriously. There is nothing to invest in. I. Just. Do. Not. Have. The. Time.

I will not be participating in this foolishness. Na- ah! No, no. Keep it.

Dw725

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Forgive me for not reading the whole thread. I don’t know if this was mentioned but I am entirely miffed. So upset that their was no title card or memorial at the end of the episode for Diahann Carrol. Her character is on the show! I know it’s different and a reboot, but I think it would have been a good gesture. I know the Shapiros get a credit, and I would think they would ask for something for her. It’s just disheartening to me. I actually enjoy the show for what it is. But that really hit me. I know she has no connection to the CW or this reboot, but does that mean if Joan Collins died, they won’t honor her as Alexis? It’s not like they didn’t have time. It goes to show that the showrunners have no idea what they are doing.

It was a “good” episode.