• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E02: Caution Never Won A War

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought that too. That Sam would immediately take his phone to check things out. But as the girl said, his homophobia is not on wikipedia (meaning it's not really known)

Which isn't that surprising to be honest - it's not like these sort of political/socialite families don't try to white wash their image at any cost. I guess it's a good way of getting Sam into the more cynical part of the upper crust since he's mostly left out of the Carrington drama that's happening these days.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
For me this was the 2nd decent episode in a row, so that's definitely a step up after the mostly meh season 2.
I think they're on the right track at the moment. At least as long as "team insta" doesn't take over again with "oh so funny" crap. But that could still happen any week now.
But at the moment i'm on good terms with nuDynasty and actually looking forward to every new episode. Really hope it stays that way.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Which isn't that surprising to be honest - it's not like these sort of political/socialite families don't try to white wash their image at any cost. I guess it's a good way of getting Sam into the more cynical part of the upper crust since he's mostly left out of the Carrington drama that's happening these days.

Yes, and I want to see where it goes. So far, it was not very interesting, but yet, it was way more interesting that the "Instagram Guru" crap we had last year.

For me this was the 2nd decent episode in a row, so that's definitely a step up after the mostly meh season 2.
I think they're on the right track at the moment. At least as long as "team insta" doesn't take over again with "oh so funny" crap. But that could still happen any week now.
But at the moment i'm on good terms with nuDynasty and actually looking forward to every new episode. Really hope it stays that way.

Yes, at least, nothing turned me into Fallon. I mean, I didn't roll my eyes even once during that episode. I prefer season premiere, but at least, this si still better than most than season 2 debuts.

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just wish i didn't know that Ada Stone will return, as that leaves a bad aftertaste in advance already... :re:

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just wish i didn't know that Ada Stone will return, as that leaves a bad aftertaste in advance already... :re:

Lol sorry for that.

I'm maybe the only one here who like the actress, and I'm ok with the character. She would have been more interesting as a Carrington foe, instead of a Michael employer/foe, I suppose... But hey, they had to come up with a storyline for Michael.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't dislike the actress, just the part of Ada Stone. That's by far the worst storyline of nuDynasty for me til now, even worse than those insta-crappisodes.
By the way, love your Fallon/Emma Samms avatar, she looked so gorgeous in O-Dynasty S9. That red leather suit must be from the season opening scene with her, Jeff and Sammy-Jo.

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't dislike the actress as well, just the part of Ada Stone. That's by far the worst storyline of nuDynasty for me til now, even worse than those insta-crappisodes.

May I keep on blaming the writers again ? :D Michael (the character not the actor) makes most of the plot lines boring. Maybe because the writers don't know who he is. As I pointed out last year, like Cristal 2.0, we didn't know who he was : Fallon's boyfriend. Fallon's ex. Fallon's sexfriend. Fallon's friend, Fallon's enemy. Blake's chauffeur; Blake's rival; Blakes enemy. Blake associate. Jeff's rival. Jeff's friend. Jeff's enemy...

OG Michael had the grace to disappear at the end of season 2... And the writers disgraced him (and us, fans) with his return in later season, for a useless plot line that got us nowhere.

Yet, Nu Dynasty keep him, obviously without no idea of what to do with him.
Yet, they got rid if Steven, a core character and a f...ing Carrington (Till is DNA tested, I refuse him to be Anders' son)...

The family was the dynamic of the original show. With no Alexis, with No Steven, we just have those characters with forced non-organic relations...

Well, to be honest, I like the Sam/Anders duo. I'm glad the writers saw that and that they"re keeping them together. Even if so far, in season 3, their relation is not as good/fun as before. But I'm sure it will again.

Second thought about the Carringtons : Adam is a great addition, but they maybe should give him some nuance. In season 2, he was more threatening, less clownesque... He can't be just a "creep"...

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
OG Michael had the grace to disappear at the end of season 2...

Michael wasn't in S2 of O-Dynasty, he was just in s1 and then returned for s7. ;)

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Typo error, I meant season 1. My bad :confused:

I remember that he was last seen in the judge court in season 1. Being here for no reason. And to be "not here" in season 2 premiere, with Fallon asking where he was to Blake (he was fired by Blake). Then begging Blake to hire him again ("Please dad, can you hire my male whore back... Pleeeaaaase") It was the "end" of Michael till season 7. With the "fired guy" coming back to save "I am not Catherine Oxenber's Amanda" from La Mirage's fire. Then with those "I am not Pamela Sue Martin's Fallon" Flashback :D

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Although i wish they'd kept him and Fakemanda istead of introducing Krysteeeena heart storyline and that dreadful Sarah Curtis ... ugh.. worst time of Dynasty :scream:

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The collection. Or, in following up their snatching of the forum's ideas, a crystal skull.

Actually, the crystal skull already made its appearance (by popular demand) in last season's fight between Jeff and Adam. It went flying out of camera range, but of course in true crystal skull fashion, it will just keep popping up when you least expect or want it. Kinda like Adam.
I've decided I'm not watching Season 3 until they float me a check.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Are you afraid of your own ideas? :D

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lol... come on ... just watch it. It's actually quite good at the moment. ;)

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've decided I'm not watching Season 3 until they float me a check
Since they're giving out EP credits like candy, I say one more won't hurt.

Michael (the character not the actor) makes most of the plot lines boring. Maybe because the writers don't know who he is.
Which is especially odd since he's a character they essentially created. The name and (original) profession might have been the same, but those were the only resemblances. By the time the whole Ada Stone stuff ended they had conveniently forgotten his family (introduced in season one) and turned him into a one-trick pony, single-mindedly out to 'get' Blake. Sure, he has reason to be angry (all the way back to when his father died), but now that he's out of jail and feels he "got" Blake, I hope he can move on to having a life outside of the whole "gotta get Blake" obsession. He could probably go to work at Sam's hotel to mix with a new set of characters.