nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E03: Wild Ghost Chase

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Description: "Fallon and Blake deal with the consequences of their actions in very different ways. Adam is on everyone's "WORST" list and Sam gets a visit from an unexpected guest at the hotel. Dominique continues with her devious plans and Culhane is the recipient of Fallon's impromptu good will."

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Description: "Fallon and Blake deal with the consequences of their actions in very different ways. Adam is on everyone's "WORST" list and Sam gets a visit from an unexpected guest at the hotel. Dominique continues with her devious plans and Culhane is the recipient of Fallon's impromptu good will."

Do the Nu Dynasty staff read our comments ?
(How many times have we said that the show had no consequences ? :D)

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No surprise, Melissa Daniels is back :

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No surprise, Melissa Daniels is back :

Frankly, that is a very well put together publicity photo. There is a very focused sense of composition, from the contrasting black and white colours to the bag in the middle to the way Sam looks like he is hearing some bombshell and Melissa like she is calmly delivering it. All of which tells me, it must have been some bizarre astrological fluke that caused it.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess it is worth noting that this will be their Halloween episode (thus "ghost chase") and this episode's party (as there is a party in every episode) will likely have everyone in costume. I've seen pics online of Jeff holding a mask in his hand, so I guess he's back to sneak around.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If only the producers had sought the talents of Kelly Rutherford to play Alexis Carrington in this version. If only the writers acknowledged their shortcomings on how to deliver such an iconic character; as an inward looking ice maiden bent on destroying her once great love, Blake Carrington.
and Melissa like she is calmly delivering it.
...and look how they've dressed her. Understated but classic.

...not this
dynasty-nicollette-sheridan.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I like Nicolette. But everything about her delivery of Alexis was wrong. The over the top fashion (too 80's) and the writing.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think KR would have been a great choice for Alexis, but I genuinely believe the producers had an image of what they wanted Alexis to be, and it would not have mattered who they hired to play it--the finished product would have been the same. The scripts would have been the same, the direction, the fashion choices, the results. I know some of the inflections and chemistry in scenes might have been different, but overall it would not have been so different, since so little of the finished product was the result of input from the actors.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think KR would have been a great choice for Alexis, but I genuinely believe the producers had an image of what they wanted Alexis to be, and it would not have mattered who they hired to play it--the finished product would have been the same. The scripts would have been the same, the direction, the fashion choices, the results. I know some of the inflections and chemistry in scenes might have been different, but overall it would not have been so different, since so little of the finished product was the result of input from the actors.

Well, especially with a haphazard hour like the Gillieathon I am not sure that is entirely true. But it is not even true with original Alexis. While first Esther Shapiro and then the Pollocks created the broad outlines and the back story of the character, the mannerisms, the delivery, indeed many of the qualities we came to associate with Alexis, were Joan Collins' additions. And that is on a show when (in its first two years) was a lot more planned than this mess.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
They decided with this show that Alexis was going to be a washed up has been and a joke. That Fallon was going to be the draw of the show. They fucked up. Royally.

Alexis in this reboot still should have been immaculately dressed from her arrival. She should have had a classic style with moments of fun and personality showing. Gradually becoming more ostentations and over the top the richer she became. But they just didn't care. They wanted Nicolette to be more Edie Britt when she should have been more Paige Matheson, who for a time on Knots Landing was a mini-Alexis.

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They wanted Nicolette to be more Eddie Brit when she should have been more Paige Matheson

It's so true. They wrote like Edie Britt in season 2...
They should have her written like Paige instead. Paige was way more "classy" and icy. Not like the clown we had with season 2.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That Fallon was going to be the draw of the show.
And yet between Season 1 and 2 (especially when Nathalie caught The CW and Dynasty producers with their pants down) it was decided Season 2 was going to be about exploring the relationship between Fallon and Alexis. Yet Season 2 (with the exception of those few episodes when Dynasty became dark) was wildly off course.

But the attention continues on Fallon with a voice that makes my toenails curl and put downs which wouldn't stand up in a bar fight. Where is Donna Krebbs and her fur coat when we need her. But judging on how society is heading I'd imagine most young women with their boob jobs, duck lips and Botox filled foreheads relish Fallon. Do they honestly believe she is a true representative of a young business woman?

What business does she have again?

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is it just me that becomes very annoyed when characters are making secret phone calls and they not only leave the door open, but also have their backs turned against the doorway, making it possible for anyone to eavesdrop? It didn't happen now, but man, Dominique - get it together. And spiking your own daughters drink, tsk tsk. And so busted right now, oh-uh.

Melissa is fun, I hope she sticks around for a bit. Alexis flashback with her in nun costume.

Yikes, Fallon. She really needs to control her temper. She really needs the court to send her to anger management, or at least learn from Monica how to handle family stabbing you in the back.

Of course Fallon would go gardening in her costume. And Trixie's brother was the one sabotaging her community service. Twist!

Jeff, the bore, is back. Yawn.

Wtf, why is Trixie's brother asking for forgiveness? Yes, he wrecked the garden but... puke, that's bad writing, bad bad writing.

Oh dear, Dominique is busted. I guess the mansion will get a new house guest soon.

I guess they're taking "bad ass Cristal" in a business direction. Now they're heading into the winery business? Is this now also the Falcon Crest reboot we've all been wanting? Multi-tasking!

Not exactly surprising, but Liam's now staying at Mama Horrible's place.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Wow, i really loved this episode. That's exactly how i want nuDynasty to be! It's on track, for sure!
Great show, can't wait for next week. The only bad thing is, that people who turned their back on Dynasty during (mostly) crappy season 2 won't know it's good again and probably will not return, kind of like with O-Dynasty Season 9.
If it stays like this, i'd really like to see many more seasons! :spinning:

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I thought this was very enjoyable. Every scene "meant something"--that is, everything was relevant to what was going on, story-wise.

Fallon had this image of her community service (said to be at an inner-city rec center) being teaching some kids to play tennis. Instead, the head of the rec center showed her a pile of trash, dirt, etc. and said it was her job to turn it into a garden. After some initial static (the opening title card cutting off her expletive), Fallon actually threw herself into the project. I was actually kind of proud of how she worked off some frustration via physical labor. Adam had been doing his usual needling at home, and of course she had been blocked from seeing Liam. But the gist of the scene was that she genuinely felt this project was her way of working out the guilt she felt over what happened with Trixie.

In contrast, we have Blake still in jail, but plotting to change that. Cristal arrives for a conjugal visit, but instead of foreplay she was complaining about Adam and the shenanigans around the winery. Adam's....drama makes him the wrong person to run the winery, she argues, so she wants Blake to name her as co-CEO. She also brought Blake a couple of "presents"--a burner phone and a knife of some sort. Then, they got down to the conjugal business.

Fallon, trying to see Annie Tate again, instead runs into Evan, Trixie's brother. He's understandably chilly to her, but luckily he doesn't collapse into a panic attack like his mother or throw stuff at her like most of Fallon's enemies. Still, I sense he's being bit too understanding. He's a corporate lawyer, so he's accustomed to lying.

Sam is not too pleased to see Melissa Daniels is the head of the Atlanta Historical Association (or whatever). She is no fan of the hotel developer's homophobic reputation either, but seems determined to have the hotel designated a city landmark regardless. She has a plaque hung in the lobby, but Sam is so determined to cancel the ceremony that he paints over it. In response, Melissa has all of his construction permits pulled and the renovations grind to a halt. After a lot of crispy back-and-forth ("Perhaps we could e-mail the insults later...") Sam points out that Melissa's life is pretty empty, that this board is all she has left of her once-impressive life as a Senator's wife. If she were to lose re-election to the board (hint), then where would she be? They decide on a compromise, though it looks to me that Sam was on the losing end: construction resumes, but they will be having the plaque and the dedication ceremony. But I bet Sam has something else up his tailored sleeve.

At Casa Colby, Monica has been talking to the investigators about Jeff's disappearance. Why are all the cops saying no cuff-link was found at the scene? She mentions having one last cop to talk to, and Dominique tries to convince her that someone must have made the evidence disappear from the police station. Dominique has been quietly trying to get into a large trust fund that Jeff left behind, using a lawyer who announces she can't do anything (that is, transfer that money to Dom) without pass-codes to the accounts. To buy some time, Dominique actually slips a mickey into a drink she gives Monica. Dominique then heads to Jeff's office at the Atlantix (remember them?) to try to get into his computer.

Fallon, on her "atonement tour," also hands over her (what was Blake's) stake in the Atlantix to Michael. She's basically making him majority partner in the team, for what that's worth now. He's cautiously pleased, and when he heads to the offices guess who he runs into? Dominique, who claims she was looking for anything that might help in the investigation of Jeff's disappearance. She also purrs over him like a cat over a bowl of milk. After she leaves, he checks Jeff's computer and figures out she was trying to get into his personal files, which he then tells to Monica after she wakes up from her "nap".

Fallon discovers her garden work has been wrecked. The supervisor tells her she has to fix it in time for her paperwork to be signed, or else she'll have to answer to the judge. She suspects Adam's handiwork, so she enlists Tony D. Gardener to do the clean-up for her because she has a Halloween party to host at the mansion.

Blake uses his secret phone to forward a wad of cash into a cellmate's prison account, then has the cellmate stab him in the shoulder. He screams his head off and gets patched up in the infirmary...all according to plan. Cristal has spoken to someone who gets Blake released on house (manor) arrest due to being "endangered" by the inmates.
The Halloween party has Anders dressed as Captain Picard, Sam as Elvis, and Fallon as Marie Antoinette. Of course Adam has to show as Louis XVI to needle her, and it works. (Aside: Adam looked the best in his costume) He tells her that Laura has moved Liam to her own home (in Boston?) so the restraining order is still in effect. After some more needling from Adam about the community service, Fallon actually pushes Adam into a giant cake in the center of the room and they fight. So "Marie Antoinette" makes "Louis XVI" eat cake the hard way. Guests, including the Chinese wine distributors, are shocked--they must not know the C's very well. Luckily, Blake shows up at that point to break up his toddlers...I mean, adult children. Later, Blake agrees that he needs to do something to keep those two apart, and I'd cautiously say his tone was that Adam was more to blame than Fallon. This would be a shift in Blake's attitude from season two, when Adam could do no wrong. I wonder how Adam will feel (much less react) when he discovers he's no longer the new, shiny thing around there?

Elsewhere, Monica has convinced Dominique to attend the party. Shortly after arrival, Monica (lookin' great in a cat costume) lowers the boom on her mother by revealing Jeff is there (in a mask). She filled him in on what Dom's been up to, and he banishes her from his and Monica's life. No word on where he's been or why he seems perfectly healthy (yet), but it is very satisfying to see him by Monica's side and standing up with her against their scheming mother.

Fallon, still on the atonement tour, realizes that having Tony D. Gardener clean up the garden mess was NOT honoring her community service. She wipes the icing off her dress and heads to the rec center (yes, alone--in the inner-city park in Atlanta on Halloween night:eek:) to finish the clean-up by herself. She then spots Evan, who was there to wreck the place, and obviously had done it the first time (not Adam). She is genuinely trying to do the right thing by her friend, and again, Evan appears to be understanding. They even have a moment where they might kiss. She draws back from that (she's engaged), but it's staged in a way that makes the viewer wonder if he's genuinely attracted to her...or if he's setting her up for a huge payback. I lean toward the latter. Fallon scores points with me just for doing her gardening work in a Marie Antoinette dress.

Last edited:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Haha, i really love your writing style!

Cristal arrives for a conjugal visit, but instead of foreplay she was complaining about Adam
:crazy: What a letdown for poor horny Blake. :lol:

SO much is going on in these S3 episodes, and it all really means something. What a positive wind of change. I think we had more meaningful stuff going on in these 3 episodes already, than in the whole season 2. And i really love ALL the characters again, even Michael and Jeff. "Boooo!" :D
Cristal #3 does her job very well too, i don't miss Celia anymore. And i ADORED Dominique, it was such a delight enjoying the actresses deliveries, she plays "caught in the act" so well! :ex:

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Fallon scores points with me just for doing her gardening work in a Marie Antoinette dress.

I reminded me of Gaby mowing her lawn in a evening dress, in Desperate Housewives :D
By the way, I've finished watching Why Women Kill (Marc Cherry) and if I was doubtful with the first episodes, I can say that I ended up loving the show. It's not perfect. It's quite cliché, but I loved it, and the end was great great. It's an anthology show, so season 2 will be all new story and characters.

Anyway, no opening credits for this episode. I hope they will change Daniela Alonso's sequence, because it's absolutely not a flattering shot of her. She's way prettier.

Last edited:

E-JULIAN

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Wow, i really loved this episode. That's exactly how i want nuDynasty to be! It's on track, for sure!
Great show, can't wait for next week. The only bad thing is, that people who turned their back on Dynasty during (mostly) crappy season 2 won't know it's good again and probably will not return, kind of like with O-Dynasty Season 9.
If it stays like this, i'd really like to see many more seasons! :spinning:

Are you serious Matthew? To be true I believed you were being sarcastic when you said that! I can't stand this TRAVESTY or WC DYNASTY anymore. Three episodes and I'm already running away. Glad I got those episodes every week to not wait the Netflix full season next year... No need to binge watch, I prefer to spend 22 hours of my life watching General Hospital or The Young & The Restless, true soaps and a lot better than this stupidity from CW. I wonder why Richard and Esther Shapiro are still in the credits! I suppose the monthly pay for this is worth the shame to be associated with this so-wrongly-called DYNASTY!
New showrunner? New direction? On track? Meaningful? C'mon where are the Carringtons we loved so much in the 80's? The rich, business moguls, over the top feuding families? Instead we have 2 grown brats (Fallon & Adam) fighting like stupid spoiled brothers, a Cristal (3.0) so mean -and so different from Cristal 1.0 (Natalie Kelley) or Krystle- we only can loathe her, a Dominique not even close to the original character just hungry for money (an insult to poor Diahann Carroll RIP), boring Colbys (Jeff & Monica), a burnt Michael (like champagne) staying far too long without nothing to do, a stupid party every week because that's Dynasty and the writers only remember that and catfights from the original series, and Sam or Joseph working side by side for an hotel (La Mirage?) for three episodes. Not even Melissa Daniels' comeback has been any good!
I'll just read the posters comments about the remaining season three episodes here, because I won't spend a minute more watching this crap.
Paraphrasing Matthew... If it stays like this I'd really prefer NOT seeing more seasons.
I didn't like the Cynthia Cidre's DALLAS, but compared to this DYNASTY it was a masterwork!

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'll discuss it with management, hold on a sec.

YES! What now!
upload_2019-10-26_21-27-32.png

Sorry to disturb you Ms Queen Fallon, but the episodes are not good enough!:yikey:

Fine, I'll get another Cristal! FFS *click*
upload_2019-10-26_21-32-8.png

Okido!

Hello? Yes, the problem has been taken care of. Thanks for calling!

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The episode was not perfect (perfection is so rare anyway), but in Nu Dynasty standards it was doing fine. I appreciate that there is a sense of "consequences". I am happy that Sam acknowledges that divorcing Steven left him with a void that nothing could fill, and that he had no purpose till the hostel.

Monica reaction to Dominique's plan was clever, and I loved she didn't go hysterical. I almost laughed when Dominique said she will never give up on her children. I mean which ones ? Monica and Jeff, or her secret family ? Anyway, I was surprised that Monica/Jeff didn't remind her that she already gave up on them for years...

About this... Fallon had all the reasons to loose temper. Adam is toying with her, and he's ruining her "love" life. He was pushing her so much, I could relay understand why she snapped.

Blake is no longer blind about Adam. It was about time.

Nu nu nu Cristal is badass, but I don't think she's mean. Daniela Alonso fits well.

Last edited: