nuDynasty Episode Chat S3E16: Is the Next Surgery On The House?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Episode Description: "Fallon and Liam decide parenthood isn't so bad and work to persuade Heidi to keep Connor close; Blake and Cristal get charitable; Alexis recruits Adam to help with Jeff's illness; Sam gives Kirby an opportunity to prove herself."

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Episode Description: "Fallon and Liam decide parenthood isn't so bad and work to persuade Heidi to keep Connor close; Blake and Cristal get charitable; Alexis recruits Adam to help with Jeff's illness; Sam gives Kirby an opportunity to prove herself."

Thanks Daniel.
God their episodes description are so boring...

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So Blake and Cristal have decided to develop a veteran's clinic within the hospital where we saw Adam working (and where the "Carrington Wing" already exists). Okay, actually C3 is all gung ho---Blake is just kind of going along.

Sam offers Kirby a job since the hotel has become so busy. I guess Femperial is officially dead. She's some kind of party planner for the soccer team staying at the hotel.

Laura is back to bicker with Fallon. Liam supposedly signed away his rights to Connor so how is he supposed to push for custody now?

Jeff's in the hospital. Alexis demands that Adam change Jeff's charts to cover up how they slipped him some "real" drugs in place of the holistic remedies he thought he was taking. Adam finds out Jeff has acute liver failure, and needs a transplant from a family member. Maybe NOW they will remember Monica?

After Heidi says she's taking Connor and leaving (saying coming to ATL was a mistake), Fallon goes to Blake for advice on taking kids from their mothers, since he has experience in that area. Blake tries to wiggle out of it, saying he promised C3 he would try to be a better person, but that doesn't last long. It would never suit him anyway.

C3, meanwhile, meets a 'sweaty gym rat with a lack of boundaries' and neither are impressing one another--he seems to be hitting on her, and she is displeased that the hospital chaplain and even Blake stood her up for the meeting. Blake has chosen to help Fallon dig up dirt on Heidi, which is...well, not your typical father/daughter bonding time, but it's better than nothing.

Sam is shocked when a face from his past shows up at the hotel--a dude named Rami who went to prison for robbing the manor, which was kind of Sam's idea. I can't recall the plot, so someone else will have to remind me. Anyway, Sam gives him a room and it is obvious the guy's not going to stop. Kirby suspects he stole a Rolex watch from a guest. He did, but he begs for another chance.
Rami then manages to steal/copy Sam's string of keys.

Fallon and Blake go to check out the place Heidi ran away to, but the lead produces no skeletons in the closet. Fallon decides it's time to manufacture some. She invites Heidi out for a night on the town, but Heidi ends up arrested for (supposedly) stealing Fallon's car! Heidi figures out it was a set-up, but (surprise!) Liam was in on it, so he's not taking her side over Fallon. He wants her to stay in Atlanta so he can get to know his son better. She declares that she had an affair with Liam's father, and Connor is in fact Liam's little brother. :yikey: It was Laura who forced Heidi to keep the secret, since she didn't want people to know Liam's dad had an affair with a schoolgirl. Liam finally writes off his mother, telling her not to come to the wedding. Yeah, like she's going to stay away.

A potential liver donor is on death's door, but his religion won't allow organ donation. Alexis and Adam matter-of-factly decide to steal it anyway. Alexis creates a diversion for Adam to wheel the body away, but C3 shows up unexpectedly and the morgue guy wheels the body away. The dead guy makes a clean getaway. And since no one else in Jeff's family is a match** it looks like Jeff's a goner. So Adam decides to donate part of his liver, since apparently he's a family match.

C3 is upset that Blake seems not to have any real interest in the clinic, since he keeps blowing off her meetings/efforts. She corners Father Collins and makes him listen to her confession. She apologizes for assuming he'd been flirting with her when they met earlier...but he admits that he was.

Laura arrives at the manor to see Blake. Anders offers her a horse tranquilizer. Laura's proposal (saw it coming a mile way): break up Liam and Fallon, and she will make sure he gets C-A back by blocking the sale of the company to Jeff.

** In order for Adam to be so sure that no other family member was a match, he'd have to test them---so they would all find out Jeff is sick, wouldn't they?

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
** In order for Adam to be so sure that no other family member was a match, he'd have to test them---so they would all find out Jeff is sick, wouldn't they?

I just assume that the Carrington wing contains all of Carringtons (and the Colby's) hospital records.

I guess this is how they "redeem" Adam - have him give a part of his liver to Jeff in a risky surgery. Unless... he DIES? :yikey:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sam is shocked when a face from his past shows up at the hotel--a dude named Rami who went to prison for robbing the manor, which was kind of Sam's idea. I can't recall the plot, so someone else will have to remind me.

It was in 1.03 when Sam arranged the theft of Cristal's engagement ring, which ended up with them also stealing Matthew's phone. The guy appeared in the following episode 1.04 as the guy blackmailing them for its content (Cristal and Matthew having sex).

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Loving the redemption arc for Cristal and Adam.
Loving Laura's scheming.
Loving Caleb's plot.
Loving this nod to season 1, with Sam's thief "friend" back. It's nice that Sam's bad actions in the past have consequences.
Loving Elaine's Alexis. Her love for Adam & Jeff felt so genuine. Sure Nicollette is kinda a bit better at playing snarky bitches, but most of the time I never knew when her Alexis was genuinely feeling love or compassion. Elaine's Alexis is less snarky, but she's strong & unapologetic. And she has a larger range of emotion.
I loved Heidi's reveal that Connor is Liam's brother, and not his son. I didn't see the brother thing coming at all.

Loved this episode. I love, love, love where it's heading to. It's a shame that we won't have this season completed.

Last edited:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The writers do remember about the thief from season but they don't seem to remember that Liam was adopted. So technically Connor is not his brother.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The writers do remember about the thief from season but they don't seem to remember that Liam was adopted. So technically Connor is not his brother.

Oh damn. I didn't remember either and I still don't (well, to be honest, I like Liam but I don't remember a lot of his background)
But I trust your word @GillesDenver

EDIT : Can you tell me when it was said that Liam was updated. I can't remember, and I can be quite obsessive about this kind of detail. On his wiki fandom, it's written that he was born to John & Laura Van Kirk (but I know that wiki is not always accurate)

Last edited:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think it was in late season 1 or early season 2 but I can't rembember exactly when.

What I remember is that when I heard about it, I was secretly hoping was Liam was actually a character from OldDynasty (Clay Fallmont maybe :D).

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think it was in late season 1 or early season 2 but I can't rembember exactly when.

What I remember is that when I heard about it, I was secretly hoping was Liam was actually a character from OldDynasty (Clay Fallmont maybe :D).

I'm "rewatching" season 1 as a background noise mostly lol, while I'm taking care of my plants and my fishes, or anything I can do while confinement. Liam has not arrived yet, but now I will pay double attention. Because this adoption part is making me scratching my head so hard that will end up with no hair lol. Actually I remember that a few of us had theories that Liam was maybe Adam. If we had caught that he was adopted, I think it would have fueled our theories, and discussions. But I don't remember that either. I think we had theories about his name being not his real name by the end of season 1. But that's it.

EDIT : I have been watching, digging up some old topics about Liam. And I haven't find any mention of him being adopted. Even in the season 2 topics. Just theories that Liam might be Adam, or not the one he claims to be because of his other names (Jack Lowden - John Southside)... This adoption thing is now driving me crazy. I mean more crazy than usual :D

Last edited:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I'm sorry, I have looked for the information and I can't find it either. It was not in the episode in which Alexis burn Liam's manuscript or in the first episode with Laura.

Maybe I was just fantasizing it ! Or maybe it was just a lie of Liam before Fallon found the truth about him.

However, I found in "the butler did it" an information that is not in the internet : Liam has a sister ! I don't think she was mentioned again after this episode.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe you remember it from a theory you read on this forum. A member once shared his theory that maybe Adam was adopted by the Lowden/Van kirk family, but was baby Adam. Thanks for your research anyway @GillesDenver !

I remember that Liam has a sister, but it was like Eddie Brit's son in Desperate Housewives. We heard about him in season 1 and was never mentioned again for years (then the writers brought the kid in the picture). So far I think that Liams's sister was mentioned only once. Maybe we'll meet her at the wedding. If there is one :D

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hate to be "that person," but just because he was (perhaps) adopted doesn't mean he "isn't Connor's brother". Adopted versus biological isn't a "more than/less than" argument.

So are they going to try to convince us that Jeff will be miraculously cured of his neurotoxicity illness by a liver transplant? One would think that such an option would have been mentioned when they were first exploring courses of treatment. A neurological problem would be more in one's head rather than one's liver, but hey...it's a soap.
Unless... he DIES?
It did occur to me that the writers could throw in an unbelievably clever curve-ball: he faked the tests to say he was a compatible match, and the transplant kills Jeff. Adam would reveal (to the viewer, not to the cast) that he'd been playing a long game the whole time to finish the job he started with the poison paint. He would essentially show that he has NOT reformed, that he's still the psychopath we first met. In the course of this ruse, he has made his mother the rich widow and his greatest ally, and kept Jeff from buying the family company out from under Blake...all while looking like some kind of hero to everyone for offering part of his liver. It would be a great last-minute revelation in the season ending cliffhanger.

I have to say the chemistry between Caleb and Cristal was....nonexistent. His introduction scenes didn't really grab me. That thieving acquaintance of Sam's had more charisma than Caleb, and they are making this Caleb guy out to be "Cristal's new love interest" (or whatever) while Rami strikes me as another of Sam's disposable story partners.

I have no idea about the "Is Liam adopted?" debate, but another thing I can't recall is whether Laura's husband was a Van Kirk, or if Van Kirk is her maiden name. I would guess she's the actual Van Kirk, given how she claims it's up to her to approve the sale of C-A to Blake or Jeff. BTW, I think she is over-stating her power to say yay or nay on the sale, since it's the kind of leverage she would have been waving around long before this. The Carrington family had to vote on selling the company, so maybe the Van Kirks have to have a similar family vote on selling C-A to someone else. If Laura's husband was the Van Kirk and she's just the Van Kirk in-law, then she may have no say in the
vote at all now that her husband is no longer in the picture. However, young Connor would have an equal role to Liam in a family vote on selling C-A, since he's just as much a son of Daddy Van Kirk as Liam is. Of course Heidi would have to vote on his behalf, so maybe Fallon will regret pulling that whole car theft thing on her.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have no idea about the "Is Liam adopted?" debate, but another thing I can't recall is whether Laura's husband was a Van Kirk, or if Van Kirk is her maiden name. I would guess she's the actual Van Kirk, given how she claims it's up to her to approve the sale of C-A to Blake or Jeff. BTW, I think she is over-stating her power to say yay or nay on the sale, since it's the kind of leverage she would have been waving around long before this. The Carrington family had to vote on selling the company, so maybe the Van Kirks have to have a similar family vote on selling C-A to someone else. If Laura's husband was the Van Kirk and she's just the Van Kirk in-law, then she may have no say in the vote at all now that her husband is no longer in the picture. However, young Connor would have an equal role to Liam in a family vote on selling C-A, since he's just as much a son of Daddy Van Kirk as Liam is. Of course Heidi would have to vote on his behalf, so maybe Fallon will regret pulling that whole car theft thing on her.

I think Van Kirk is Laura's last name she had before her wedding to Liam's father (his name was Lowden). But I m not 100 % sure.

EDIT : Max Van Kirk is Laura's brother. She's born Van Kirk, so I guess she's a legitimate co-owner of Van Kirk Industries.

Last edited:

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hate to be "that person," but just because he was (perhaps) adopted doesn't mean he "isn't Connor's brother". Adopted versus biological isn't a "more than/less than" argument.
I thought about that when I wrote my text. However, Liam and Connor weren't raised together so if blood don't make them brothers, being NOT raised together don't make it either.

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
So are they going to try to convince us that Jeff will be miraculously cured of his neurotoxicity illness by a liver transplant? One would think that such an option would have been mentioned when they were first exploring courses of treatment. A neurological problem would be more in one's head rather than one's liver, but hey...it's a soap.

I don't know if I got it right, but I think the transplant is done to save him from his liver failure.
It won't save him from neurotoxicity. Maybe I got it wrong. I should rewatch the episode.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
….and the liver failure is simply a result of that drug they gave him, combined with alcohol (which he drank not knowing he had that drug in his system). In which case it is kind of justified that Adam give up part of his liver, since he got Jeff in this (new) mess as well as the original one. THAT would make sense. They believe they're basically "patching him up" to continue his battle with the other medical condition.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes. They're saving him from a 2 to 3 days expiration date. To allow him to die slowly from neurotoxic poisoning.

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Yes. Jeff still has to expire. It was in the cards, remember? :D

ABrown

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I'm sorry, but Max Van Kirk was a pretty sick bastard. I don't have patience for people taking advantage of children like that, I don't care if she was technically of legal age. I'm in my late 30's now, probably even still 5-10 years younger than what Max would've been at that time. You wouldn't catch me with some barely legal teenager. If I weren't married, and looking for a girl at this point in my life. I'd be looking for an "aged like a fine wine" type like Leah Remini or Rachel Ray.