nuDynasty Episode Chat S4E20: You Vicious, Miserable Liar

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Synopsis: "RUNNING AWAY - Fallon, Sam and Kirby take a trip to Los Angeles in the hopes of settling the unsettling, resulting in some very bad ideas. Adam presents his research to the board, who is impressed, but there is more in store for him. Meanwhile, Jeff remains annoyed that Dominique is nowhere to be found and exhibits disturbing behavior. Culhane tries to fix Blake's mess and is surprised by the results. Cristal has a heart-to-heart with Amanda."

This is the first of two episodes airing on 9/24.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's been days since Liam left, and he hasn't been in contact. Fallon thinks that if she (and Liam) meet with some Hollywood marriage counselor that things will get back on track. Sam and Kirby decide to tag along on the trip to Los Angeles. She also puts Colin in charge of the office in her absence. I can't believe I just wrote that.

Amanda is the hospital's new counsel, and Adam is really bothered. He says she needs to stay out of his way, but she ain't bovvered. In fact, she advises the board to shut down Adam's drug study due to insufficient insurance coverage. He hits back by saying he can now see why Alexis gave her away.

Jeff is more upset about Dominique's not-quite-ex husband than he probably should be. His hands visibly shake while he tries to drink something. They shake some more when he meets with Cristal, and he gets a sudden headache. Our local authority on sudden headaches that might be much more than headaches suggests he see a doctor. Jeff later has an odd conversation with Culhane that ends in an argument; Jeff's basically trying to sink his entire fortune into the space thing, and Culhane tries to get him to ease off--to no avail. It looks like Jeff is having a relapse of that whole neurotoxin reaction they claimed he conquered.

Blake enlists Culhane to help with a contribution Blake wants to make to his (Culhane's) old school. Culhane tries to throw the Clark County toxic waste spill from S1 in Blake's face, but Blake points out that the school really needs the money and to grow up. At the press conference, another person brings up the toxic waste, but Culhane manages to deflect the question before Blake can stick his foot in it, in almost the exact same way Dominique saved his butt last week. The school was on the verge of being shuttered, so the Principal of the school was willing to play ball with Blake. 'Cause she grew up.

Sam (in leather pants!), Kirby and Fallon arrive in LA. They stay at a hotel that one of Sam's hotelier friends owns. The friend is under the impression that Sam wants to buy her hotel so she can retire early. Has Sam been looking into leaving Atlanta for the West Coast? Next morning, he tells Kirby he's "considering" moving to LA, and she gets mad. But not mad enough to turn down Sam's invitation to attend a taping of The Price Is Right. Fallon's marriage guru Anya has a lot of degrees and such, but even she can't get past the idea that Fallon has come ALONE to marriage counseling. Well, according to Eva, Liam hasn't called her or returned any of Fallon's messages. Uh-huh. Anya wants to see BOTH of them, obviously.

Adam appeals to the Head of the Carrington Foundation (Cristal) to help with the Amanda situation, and plays the "I saved your life" card on her to get her to agree. Amanda agrees to change her mind, but then finds out that Adam's drug was actually the product of another doctor's work---a doctor that Adam got fired. So Amanda is still gonna make Adam's life miserable one way or the other.

Fallon forces Sam to impersonate Liam with the marriage guru person. Fallon tries to do all the talking, which goes about as well as one would expect. Sam sells himself in the role of Liam but the guru later confides to Fallon that the main issue in their marriage is that Liam is gay. :D

The threesome return from LA. Fallon is close to giving up; Sam has decided not to move to LA after all. He confronts Blake and Cristal about the article in the paper---turns out they DID plant it. He is angry, since he thought he was still considered a part of the family even though he and Steven are divorced (yes, he said the S word!!). They insist that he is, and that's just how the family treats one another....which is unfortunately true. To make it up to Sam, Blake holds a very visible press event at the hotel and gives him a very public vote of confidence.

Now Jeff is convinced Elon Musk sent Brady Lloyd to town to steal his ideas. Culhane asks if Jeff is still taking his neurotoxicity meds, because he sounds really paranoid. Jeff says he is taking his meds but he isn't.

Eva convinces Fallon that Liam has gotten a divorce attorney, and advises Fallon that she should do the same. Colin then miraculously swoops in as Fallon's alone in the office to put the moves on her. She plants a big kiss on him and clothes start flying.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Jeff's clearly getting worse as we're approaching the season finale and you're kind of starting to question how much of this space nonsense is due to that.

Oh, how lucky that Sam's renovations for the club will be done in about "one or two weeks" so that Blake can hold his final rally there. Just in time for the season finale then.

I loved how Adam's face kind of started to twitch when Cristal initially turned down helping him. Yes, the psycho is still alive and well in that one.

Gillies really needs to tone it more often - I thought she was much more effective in the last scene than she usually is when she's hyper-Fallon. In all honesty, Fallon seems a bit off from the rest of the show because everyone else is playing it straight at this point. Maybe spinning her off would be a good idea...

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The best part of plot twists like Jeff's sudden paranoia/mania is that it's very easily solvable (get him back on his meds) in the next season if they want him to remain on the show. None of those "incurable killer diseases with no hope of recovery" that get cured within a few episodes once the actor signs his or her new contract. While it is always possible they may decide to write Jeff out, I'm more intrigued by what would happen if Jeff recovers, but he loses his company/fortune due to choices he made (sinking money into his space program) while he was not playing with a full deck. It might be a chance to reboot the character entirely--like perhaps come on board Fallon Unlimited in a sort of consultant role the way Colin did--or it might be their chance to cut the character loose to make room for new versions of other OG characters.

Many episodes ago, I recall Blake referring to Sam as "my ex-wife's brother" when someone asked how Sam fit into the family. It was an awkward line, and several of us pointed out how it would have been easier and more realistic for Blake to say "He's my son-in-law," or "ex-son-in-law" to be more precise. Obviously they were avoiding even indirect references to Steven, thus they had to use Celia as the connector between Sam and the Carringtons. Well, how times have changed. Now they not only mention Steven, but the divorce and Blake's continuing to think of Sam as his son-in-law in spite of the divorce. Are they trying to make the more savvy soap viewers among us believe that Steven might be rejoining the land of the living? When a long-absent character is suddenly being mentioned again, it's almost always a signal that the character is soon to return, or at least become relevant again. It's wholly possible that they only worked that name into the conversation to drum up some excitement and optimism among the sizeable contingent of Steven devotees to make them think he may show up in the cliffhanger or perhaps next season, since the "jaw dropper" events typically happen in the season-ending episode. After Knots Landing split up Val and Gary, the producers would often write some suggestive scenes into the season enders that made it look like the two were going to reunite, even if nothing came of them in the new season. They did it entirely to get those Val/Gary fans to hang on and not give up on them (or the show). Even if the Steven thing is just a fake-out, it was nice to see the embargo has been lifted.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Are they trying to make the more savvy soap viewers among us believe that Steven might be rejoining the land of the living?
A recast perhaps? I mean, why not. If viewers can forgive the multiple recast of Cristal and the audacious recasting of Alexis then anything is possible, right? Perhaps Steven has been to the same miracle doctors Nicolette Sheridan went to and is already in Atlanta playing a new character...Amanda?

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Shall I dust off my fantasy plot of Steven's return being tied to NuDynasty's homage to Krystle/Rita? Because I want to see it happen! I would not even ask for residuals. I'd settle for a walk-on role as one of Fallon's poor, put-upon employees.

Lankershim Blasdel 1

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Enchanted April
It’s about time Stevens name was mentioned.
The reason Sam is a billionaire (very unrealistically after being married to him for a few episodes) is because of Steven, you would think he would mention him often let alone find out what happened to him.what we got was him in brief relationships with a couple of weirdos.
Steven was Fallon’s favorite and she loved him more than anyone else. You would think his name would have crossed her lips once these past few years, right?? Was her brain too consumed with the weekly drama of her many companies she created each season then changed or dropped?
Steven was Alexis favorite child. We even found out she was in communication with him during her exile. A fact that made Fallon fight her in the swimming pool so why hasn’t she mentioned him besides the brief mention while trapped in the mine.
Was it official that Steven wasn’t Blake’s child and was Anders? With no DNA test, Blake and Alexis must have had relations before he was conceived or Blake would have known all along he wasn’t the father. Alexis was certain that Amanda wasn’t his so she could have been wrong twice, she is a ditz in this reboot so it’s realistic she was wrong.
So why with all of his resources hasn’t he looked for his possible son to see if he was alright with no communication from him in years or even mentioned him.
Anders left a tape for Kirby so if he thought or was certain he was Stevens father would he have not recorded one for him as well?
All so sloppy and unrealistic. Even for the CW.
You too executive dead beats Esther and Richard Shapiro, you screwed up Dynasty twice now.
Bring Steven back in the cliffhanger even if we don’t see his face, ala recast next season
Is it going to take Amanda’s snooping into Adam’s affairs to dig up what went down.
They recast the leading ladies over and over which was a bad move CW so why not recast Steven and make it a homage to the original. But DO NOT have Elizabeth Gilles play Steven with heavy fx makeup in the interim of finding a replacement.
CW your main star can sing well and act ok but isn’t that captivating or talented.
That stunt is when this show “jumped the shark” and never really recovered.
As for Jeff being ill and will he or will he not recover, that character should have been killed off either last season or early in this one under suspicious circumstances while still being married to Alexis. Jeff Colby hasn’t anything to do plot wise, and is screen time filler much like Sam and Cullhane.. At this point Alexis and Dominique with Monica should have been fighting it out in court over his estate and trying to prove Alexis killed him.
This is a soap opera correct? Not a one hour variety comedy/singing hour starring Liz Gilles or is it??

Last edited:

Lankershim Blasdel 1

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Enchanted April
This is probably that last season finale we’re going to get with this series, I think 5 seasons will be enough for Netflix to have.
Let’s have an incredible one please.
My dream scenario and hoping….
* Steven Carrington in the season finalize exposing, along with Amanda getting his anti aging grant suspended , Adam’s plan to move into his bigger than the carrington estate mansion.
* a woman named Rita Leslie checking into la Mirage and when she turns around it’s Nathalie Kelly. If she had refused then Daniella Alonzo in a blonde wig:/.(both versions sent by Beto to to get control of his family business and maybe the carrington money too)
*Brady comes clean about Alexis to Dominique.
*jeff dies in Alexis’ bed
Dominique going to confront Alexis at her penthouse seeing the gurney with Jeff’s body being wheeled into the elevator when she arrives .

And whatever kookiness Fallon gets herself into.

Last edited:

Tony

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I still think Season 5 will end with the Moldavian massacre since its so iconic. It was hinted at the end of Season 3 but turned out to be a red herring with the Evan wedding cliffhanger. I guess Kirby being stabbed and Blake and Evan in jeopardy was supposed to be that season's real ending before production halted.

My guess is that Dynasty CW will stretch to six seasons, even if a shorter season to wrap up the Moldavia aftermath.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Does that mean @thomaswak is coming back to the forum?

Yes and no.

Yes, just to brag about the fact they mentioned Steven 3 times this season, when a few of you were saying they would not "because it's not how it works in soaps".
Also to brag about the fact they introduced Amanda, when a few of you were always saying "that wouldn't happen" when I was saying it would be nice to have Amanda in the show.

So no. Not coming back for those cynical bitches who think they're always right. I don't belong here.

Last edited:

Ferdnand Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
This is probably that last season finale we’re going to get with this series, I think 5 seasons will be enough for Netflix to have.
Let’s have an incredible one please.
My dream scenario and hoping….
* Steven Carrington in the season finalize exposing, along with Amanda getting his anti aging grant suspended , Adam’s plan to move into his bigger than the carrington estate mansion.
* a woman named Rita Leslie checking into la Mirage and when she turns around it’s Nathalie Kelly. If she had refused then Daniella Alonzo in a blonde wig:/.(both versions sent by Beto to to get control of his family business and maybe the carrington money too)
*Brady comes clean about Alexis to Dominique.
*jeff dies in Alexis’ bed
Dominique going to confront Alexis at her penthouse seeing the gurney with Jeff’s body being wheeled into the elevator when she arrives .

And whatever kookiness Fallon gets herself into.
I would love this cliffhanger!!
Rita Leslie, played by Nathalie. Even for just one or two episodes, that would bring some confrontation between The Real Cristal Flores-Jennings #2 and the never buried Celia/Cristal doppelganger

Jeff dies in Alexis' penthouse, and the only help around is a neighboor: Dex Dexter

BTW, I thought we would have an Alexis-Dominique catfight, like that wonderful one in the eighties, with the dog running away from those crazy ladies in mink. I thought that was about to happen when Brady was in Alexis' appartment.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We already had Alexis' and Dom's catfight in the basement of the Carrington mansion a few episodes ago.
Plus an Alexis and Dominique catfight would feel underbuilt at this point. Give it to us when everything comes head-to-head. No one likes a catfight for the sake of a catfight.