Dallas Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Sorry to hear that, he was talented

amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig’s disease is a horrible neuro condition
sad

RIP

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
ALS is one of the absolut worst ways to leave this world! :( In simple terms, the brain is fine, but the various body parts are slowly paralyzed due to the disease! :rip:

Yes, Sam Shepard was a man of many talents! :clap: :rip:

Last edited:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
I am so sorry about Mr. Shepard´s loss. I had seen him recently in the first season of "Bloodline" and he had a huge chemistry with Sissy Spacek, his onscreen wife. I also tended to mistake him for Tom Skerrit (who knows why, though the latter´s brief role in "Brothers & Sisters" had a lot in common with Shepard´s in BL).

Back in the 80´s, I discovered him in "Frances", when he met his future partner in life (and well-known Goddess today) Jessica Lange. They also co-starred in "Country", "Crimes of the Heart" and "Don't Come Knocking". One of his best recent performances was in "August", in a very poignant role (and also reminiscent of his BL character).

Reading his biography one could call him a "Renaissance Man", but undoubtedly he would hate it, so I won´t. He had two kids with Goddess Jessica, though they never tied the knot. Anyway, they were overwhelmed by their fame in the 80´s. Their breakup was news in 2011 though they had separated two years earlier. That´s keeping things private!

One detail in his biography made me smile: that he had been a circuit rodeo, which reminded me of our Dusty Farlow and his performer Jared Martin, who also passed away earlier this year. RIP both actors, you were a lot more than just that, two actors.

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't know much about him but he played test pilot Chuck Yeager (who broke the sound barrier) in The Right Stuff and for that performance alone he deserves remembering.