The Walking Dead Season 10

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
In some ways, I find it really bizarre that we are now in our tenth season.

It has lost so much of that early sense of eariness and I see it completely void of any tension and scariness. Probably because I no longer feel threatened that we might lose another favourite, or that I'm worried about how a character might get out of another predicament.

And yet, here I am, still watching, still enjoying it (for the most part) and still hooked on to what might happen. It's also kinda odd that I'm finding characters like Negan and Alpha more exciting and intriguing than any of those trying to survive.

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
LV

Reaction score
n some ways, I find it really bizarre that we are now in our tenth season.

How did we get here and they have already announced the 11th season and your right it's bizarre! (Off topic you sure did make me dislike the word bizarre after posting it so much in Big Brother :lol: )

Carol still has that Bizarre hair that I don't like and I always wanted Carl to cut his but this is much worse!

It has lost so much of that early sense of eariness and I see it completely void of any tension and scariness. Probably because I no longer feel threatened that we might lose another favourite, or that I'm worried about how a character might get out of another predicament.
For me Seasons 1 thru 5 were the best but like you I am still watching. I don't know how they can bring back the eeriness of it all. I think it's just so simple now for them to kill walkers. Even the Whisper's don't seem scary.

And yet, here I am, still watching, still enjoying it (for the most part) and still hooked on to what might happen. It's also kinda odd that I'm finding characters like Negan and Alpha more exciting and intriguing than any of those trying to survive.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Ryan Hurst as Beta. He is so tall he fits that character perfectly. I have always found Negan to be intriguing and I am looking forward to what is ahead for him. He was pure evil and now he's gardening? LOL.

I think his evil will be seen again or at least I hope so.

Right now I am behind by 2 eppy's. I had to back and rewatch the last 2 from last season. I didn't remember much when I started this season. I didn't remember the heads on the poles at all or Tara being killed.

One thing I wanted to bring up since I haven't been here in a bit.....is the Rick spin off movies? If he is still alive they better have a really good reason....like being locked up in a dungeon because he would have found a way to get back to his family if he could. I wonder how his story is going to make sense?

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know how they can bring back the eeriness of it all. I think it's just so simple now for them to kill walkers.
Yes, I was thinking about this the other day and how incredibly talented everyone is that they can hit the head of every walker, despite how far away (or close) they can be to the walker. No one misses a shot which is a little too much.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Ryan Hurst as Beta. He is so tall he fits that character perfectly.
Right now, I'm curious why he's always hiding his face. Back in the flashback with Alpha, he's wearing a mask and in current time he never takes off his skin, while everyone else does at various points in the episode. Unless he revealed his face last night because I've still to catch up with episode 3

I didn't remember much when I started this season.
I'm like this with most things now and it's worse when a series takes longer than a year to come back. Especially Peaky Blinders and Line of Duty.

the Rick spin off movies? If he is still alive they better have a really good reason....like being locked up in a dungeon because he would have found a way to get back to his family if he could. I wonder how his story is going to make sense?

Al I remember is that skip/trash woman took Rick in a helicopter and they flew off somewhere. I can't even remember why Morgan left the show.

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
LV

Reaction score
Yes, I was thinking about this the other day and how incredibly talented everyone is that they can hit the head of every walker, despite how far away (or close) they can be to the walker. No one misses a shot which is a little too much.
and yet Carl one of the original members gets bite?

Right now, I'm curious why he's always hiding his face. Back in the flashback with Alpha, he's wearing a mask and in current time he never takes off his skin, while everyone else does at various points in the episode. Unless he revealed his face last night because I've still to catch up with episode 3
Maybe something is wrong with his face....maybe it's scary! :eck:

I'm like this with most things now and it's worse when a series takes longer than a year to come back. Especially Peaky Blinders and Line of Duty.
Sometimes I have to rewatch the whole season prior to the next season coming on. I haven't seen Pinky Blinders yet but it's in my list.

Al I remember is that skip/trash woman took Rick in a helicopter and they flew off somewhere. I can't even remember why Morgan left the show.
I do remember what happened to Rick I just can't figure out how they will make it believable that he didn't get back to his family in over six years? Morgan I heard crossed over to Fear the Walking Dead and I was glad. I didn't care for him. Only in the beginning but after he got all holier than now I had a hard time with him.

I am still I have the last 2 eppy's on my DVR along with about 10 other shows that I am way behind on. I am going to try and get to WD today or this weekend so we can all talk more about the actual shows.

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
LV

Reaction score
We are the end of the World eppy 2

I'm curious why he's always hiding his face
At least now we know that the dead attacked him and that his face was badly injured. I was starting to get excited when Alpha started to take of his mask then they didn't even show it. :brick:

I liked this episode but didn't love it. 95% of the time I couldn't understand what they were saying. I had my volume turned way up. I was thinking of putting closed caption on but never did I don't like reading the screen while trying to watch.

I see how they came about. I didn't get whose baby it was?

I do love Beta.

Looking forward to watching the next episode.

and how many more there are for Michonne.....I am gonna miss her...one of the best on WD.

EDIT: One thing that I didn't like was how Beta was keeping his friend alive...been there and done that with Hershel keeping them in the barn and The Governor keeping his daughter alive.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I feel like I have lost my way with this season, I'm not sure I know what's going on any more.

I don't know who lives where and even worse, I don't know at least 60% of the character's names.

That Bowie Girl

Soap Chat Rebel
LV

Reaction score
I had to look to find this thread....the mighty has fallen :floor:

I feel like I have lost my way with this season, I'm not sure I know what's going on any more.
I am getting the gist of it. The Whisperer's are coming after the what do you even call them now? The other group? It's not Rick's group anymore?

Just the same old story line of yet another group they have to fight. Come on come up with something new already!

I don't know who lives where and even worse, I don't know at least 60% of the character's names.
This part is very confusing to me too. I don't know any of the new peoples names but from Sunday nights episode I know Kelly's name because they had to go find her which I didn't get her being deaf and the group letting her split off from them.

Now it seems we will be losing King E to cancer. Another one bites the dust that I liked.

Carol is now addicted to drugs with an endless supply....where she gets them I will never know!

I think I am still watching because I love Negan. He has his bat and his leather jacket back. :hats:I think he was trying to be good but after that kid that followed him killed the mother and daughter I loved him in action again.

I don't like him with the Whisperer's. I think this is a trick on us. I bet he is going to get the info he needs to help the group?

I hope not I want him to be evil again. :dance:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
the mighty has fallen
Funnily enough, it feels like that for the show this season, for me and so far anyway.

The mid-season cliffhanger was terrible., really desperate that they had to make Carol and Daryl actually stupid for running into those caves. No way, after all these years would they have fallen for that trap.

The only characters that I really care about now are Alpha & Negan and that's not something I would have guessed a few years ago.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The season is almost over (the finale has not been aired yet because of cover-19 : no team to finish the special fx post prod)
But man, I dare to say that season 10 B was damn good. A lot of pay off. I loved the whisperers and I love that their story was dragged too long.
Very satisfying season. I hope the finale will be worth.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I dare to say that season 10 B was damn good.

Yes, it was, though I will miss a certain character. I won't say who because @Payton Cross hasn't finished the season.

the series will be focus more on the characters like Carol, Daryl and Maggie, i think it's good idea for the show.
I really don't know what I want from the show anymore.

johnnybear

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
Planet of The Apes
Apparently season ten ain't over yet and the final six episodes are due to air in February 2021!
JB

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Has anyone finished this season? The last six episodes recently aired.

I really don't understand why they did this, apart from Negan's episode, there was nothing for me. I am starting to find this a chore to watch.

TillyW

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
Me Before You
I've been bored for a while now, but somehow I've still tried to push myself, I've watched so much - I can't give it up. But I couldn't watch the last season. I turned on the series and sat on my phone or played a cool game called Wicked Winnings - it's a slot machine, but definitely worth your attention. Anyway, I did anything but watch it. Now I'm not sure if I can even finish watching TWD.

Last edited by a moderator: