Season 11 - Rock Bottom and give 12 and 13 a chance

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Michelle Stevens the most dislikeable character? Em no. Mandy Winger - no redeeming qualities. Full of hot air and own self importance. Nasty nasty self loving twat of the highest order. A she devil who should have been destroyed. She needed shot!

Oh come on Sarah! Don´t be so mean...
In this pic she looks undeniably innocent,
even dressed in red...;)

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Michelle Stevens the most dislikeable character? Em no. Mandy Winger - no redeeming qualities. Full of hot air and own self importance. Nasty nasty self loving twat of the highest order. A she devil who should have been destroyed. She needed shot!
Maybe one could stand behind the other when they're shot, kill 2 bitches with one shot!:crazy:

Toni

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Maybe one could stand behind the other when they're shot, kill 2 bitches with one shot!:crazy:
Why kill them or anyone at all? Someone must clean the stables...

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Believe me, I tried so hard to give these seasons a chance. But I felt like I was watching a bad sitcom with all of the moments that you could tell were designed to look like comic relief. I half-expected a laugh track to be installed in the background. It had basically become a parody.

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Poor old Mandy Winger, she never seems to get much love.

Still, JR made up for that whenever the two were together!! :D

Ome

Admin
Reaction score

What is this about?

What does 'bump' mean?

If you have nothing more to add to this thread (which I'm assuming you don't because you would have posted it, right?) then why did you post 'bump'? Did you wake up yesterday with the idea of popping on Soap Chat to simply 'bump' up some old threads?

Grangehill1

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
What is this about?

What does 'bump' mean?

If you have nothing more to add to this thread (which I'm assuming you don't because you would have posted it, right?) then why did you post 'bump'? Did you wake up yesterday with the idea of popping on Soap Chat to simply 'bump' up some old threads?
what a pleasant reply.

Having been a member of the boards for years it’s sometimes frustrating to see certain areas ‘stagnate’ so I see nothing wrong in bumping up an old thread that could maybe prompt some thought provoking discussion.

Huge apologies if I’ve caused offence but in answer to your question ‘no I didn’t wake up with the idea...’

There’s no need to be sarcastic in what should be a pleasant environment.

Time and time again we see the same threads and sometimes it’s nice to post a different point of view and if that gets lost, remind people occasionally.

But I didn’t realise this was a horrendous thing to do and I apologise.

Last edited:

Ome

Admin
Reaction score
Having been a member of the boards for years it’s sometimes frustrating to see certain areas ‘stagnate’
Like most things in life, threads have a shelf life and that is decided by the flow of discussion.

so I see nothing wrong in bumping up an old thread that could maybe prompt some thought provoking discussion.
I agree to a point, there is nothing wrong in bringing back an old thread, but doing so by only using the word 'bump' and nothing else is not what we encourage.

Huge apologies if I’ve caused offence but in answer to your question ‘no I didn’t wake up with the idea...’
Oh, you didn't cause offence, you just puzzled me that you came out of nowhere and revived numerous threads without actually adding anything to the discussions.

Time and time again we see the same threads and sometimes it’s nice to post a different point of view and if that gets lost, remind people occasionally.

Yes, of course, it is, but answer this, do you think the word 'bump' added that different point of view?

Had you brought back the thread by adding something new to the discussion, it would have been totally different. If you brought it back and asked a relevant question, again it would have been you contributing to the thread, but simply posting 'bump' adds no value.

Overall, if everyone took this action, what do you think the forums would look like?

Grangehill1

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Like most things in life, threads have a shelf life and that is decided by the flow of discussion.

I agree to a point, there is nothing wrong in bringing back an old thread, but doing so by only using the word 'bump' and nothing else is not what we encourage.

Oh, you didn't cause offence, you just puzzled me that you came out of nowhere and revived numerous threads without actually adding anything to the discussions.

Yes, of course, it is, but answer this, do you think the word 'bump' added that different point of view?

Had you brought back the thread by adding something new to the discussion, it would have been totally different. If you brought it back and asked a relevant question, again it would have been you contributing to the thread, but simply posting 'bump' adds no value.

Overall, if everyone took this action, what do you think the forums would look like?
Thankyou for your detailed reply. If only you’d written this initially and not the sarcastic post you wrote originally.

As I said this is supposed to be a pleasant environment and attacking me for something so innocent is not very nice

I hope you’ve learnt from this

Ome

Admin
Reaction score
If only you’d written this initially and not the sarcastic post you wrote originally.
My bad, I thought the point I was making was glaringly obvious.

attacking me
I wasn't attacking you, it's not who I am, I was asking you a question.

I hope you’ve learnt from this
I too hope you have learned from this, that posting the word 'bump' and nothing else adds nothing to the flow of discussion. I won't be sarcastic with you if you did post the word again and nothing else, I will just delete it. :)

Grangehill1

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
My bad, I thought the point I was making was glaringly obvious.

I wasn't attacking you, it's not who I am, I was asking you a question.

I too hope you have learned from this, that posting the word 'bump' and nothing else adds nothing to the flow of discussion. I won't be sarcastic with you if you did post the word again and nothing else, I will just delete it. :)
‘it’s not who I am’

I suggest you read your post again. It’s exactly who you are.

Delete away.

As I keep saying this should be a pleasant place And unfortunately keyboard warriors like you with a little bit of power are making the place negative.

TJames03

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
I think we all agree that these years were pure horse sh-t, so let’s move on....

Grangehill1

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
That's also the responsibility of the posters. Simply bumping old and irrelevant threads isn't pleasant for anyone.
Then address it in an adult and respectful manner. How the word ‘bump’ can cause offence is beyond me.

There’s millions of forums out there when it’s used all the time.

My point Is why rip me apart for it.

Surely ‘Hi Grangehill, please don’t bump threads here. Thanks’

Surely that would have been more polite?