Season 4 spoilers

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
  • Wedding Episode 3
  • Some new writers as old writers have left the show
  • Scorpio will be back for a few episodes but will not be a major recurring character throughout the season
  • Monica will be back for a few episodes but won’t be back full time
  • Josh Reims took a lot of advice from the writers and listened to fan feedback
  • This season won’t be overly dramatic like season 1 but is a major improvement from last season
  • The cast have been told to minimise the amount of revelation of this season as producers want this season to be a surprise for fans
  • Trailer is expected “soon”
  • Dominique’s overall storyline this season is more dramatic showing her relationships with Blake, Alexis, Jeff and Monica and her business ventures
  • Alexis and Jeff will take over the manor temporarily
  • The Moldavians will make a return however there is NO Moldavian Massacre
  • Jeff And Fallon will attempt to go into business with each other
  • Season 4 won’t be on Netflix until the whole season is finished airing
  • Kirby’s storyline will be a major improvement from last season. Expect complications between Adam and Kirby and a very wild storyline around mid season
  • Jeff and Alexis won’t last the whole season

The only thing that seems kinda OG is Alexis taking over the Mansion (with Jeff, instead of Ben Carrington)
Jeff & Alexis won't last. Is it time to make room for NU Dex Dexter ?

Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyCW/comments/mif288

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's as logical and coherent as the show itself.

You know, I'm rewatching Knots Landing, and of course the pacing is not the same. The time was not the same. But the writing is so good. I love season 5 : every characters has multi plots and they're all connected. AMAZING writing. It hurst me that Nu Dynasty, that has no "rating pressure", is unable to deliver even 1/4 of that quality.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The cast have been told to minimise the amount of revelations and yet we never had some much revelations before a season starts !! :think:

It's as logical and coherent as the show itself.

You know, I'm rewatching Knots Landing, and of course the pacing is not the same. The time was not the same. But the writing is so good. I love season 5 : every characters has multi plots and they're all connected. AMAZING writing. It hurst me that Nu Dynasty, that has no "rating pressure", is unable to deliver even 1/4 of that quality.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The cast have been told to minimise the amount of revelations and yet we never had some much revelations before a season starts !! :think:

Well, they've never filmed over half of the season before it premieres either, so...

The wedding ends up being on time at least (ie in the episode order that would've been 4x22) - I wonder if that means that they didn't change the last three scripts for season 3? On one hand, I'm glad to see the original season finale, on the other hand it'll be odd if the third episode ends in a big cliffhanger...

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We had 20 episodes for season 3 instead of the 22 they initially wanted.
This means the wedding should have been episode 2 of season 4 if they had not change the scripts.

Last edited:

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh right! Most dramas seemed to stop at episode 19 last season so I forget Dynasty managed to complete episode 20.

Though it makes me wonder if the actual wedding is botched (as they are on virtually all soaps) and they manage to get a quickie marriage in episode 4.03.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The above sounds more like a wish list however I do like this one...
Josh Reims took a lot of advice from the writers and listened to fan feedback
Fan feedback on what?
  • How this reincarnation is plot driven rather than character driven.
  • The multiple recasts of the two leading characters which has become a running joke.
  • How Steven was cast aside never to be mentioned again.
Listen hear producers. Accept new Dynasty for what it is, trash television. Nothing more, nothing less.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Honestly though, I would've saved the "Alexis takes over the mansion" plotline for a potential last season since I'm sure The CW will give them notice at this point when its time to close up shop. The issue with the OG Dynasty plotline - besides being incredibly botched - is that it's obvious that Alexis couldn't stay there permanently. By doing it as the show closes there would be a real possibility of the show ending with Alexis still in the mansion (like how Lexi ended up owning the building on Melrose Place).

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just hope it's long enough to give it a tacky make-over that Alexis should've given the mansion on the OG show. Another one of the big issues with the OG plot is that the mansion literally just looked the same, just with Alexis living there; I wanted a modern 80s style make-over like she had in the penthouse.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, barf.

If she was going to do a make-over it had to be something extremely dramatic. Not more pastels and nondescript hotel furniture.

LOL, yeah. I could've conveyed it a bit better - but ultimately Alexis needed to do something dramatic to the Carrington manor to signify that she lived there - maybe paint the walls black with gold banisters? Either way, the point is that visually I want to feel that Alexis is living there, which was obviously missing from the OG show.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
LOL, yeah. I could've conveyed it a bit better - but ultimately Alexis needed to do something dramatic to the Carrington manor to signify that she lived there - maybe paint the walls black with gold banisters? Either way, the point is that visually I want to feel that Alexis is living there, which was obviously missing from the OG show.

Turning the library into a wig room will do.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
To follow up on the "take this junk...your blond tramp" scene, she should have taken several items identified with Blake and Krystle and symbolically dump them on the curb or set fire to them as an easier way to express this idea that she was now owner of the place. No major (expensive) changes to the sets, but ditch some of the more easily moved accessories or sentimental pieces. Oh, and turn Kristina's room into the wig room. ;)

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
One thing about Nu Alexis is that she really loved her dog in season 1.
And Blake did something actually horrible : he let the dog run away from Alexis's trailer, leading the poor puppy to a certain death.

Elaine Hendrix is a big heart, and an animal lover. I hope the writers took that in consideration, when they will have the next confrontation between Alexis & Blake.

Personally, what did Blake is a crime I would never ever forget and forgive, in real life.