Senator Dowling Is No More.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
This is a bit obscure but does anyone remember the series The Time Tunnel? I think it was probably the first thing I saw Jim McMullan in when her appeared in a episode playing Merlin the magician. A few Dallas alumni appeared in that series looking so young that they are almost unrecognisable.

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
Reaction score
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Medals
This is a bit obscure but does anyone remember the series The Time Tunnel? I think it was probably the first thing I saw Jim McMullan in when her appeared in a episode playing Merlin the magician. A few Dallas alumni appeared in that series looking so young that they are almost unrecognisable.
In a previous life, yes. It was the same season as THE GREEN HORNET. Good times. Unless you were in Saigon.

James from London

Telly Talk Superstar
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, you could totally buy him and Donna together.
I could totally see why Donna wanted to marry him.

He played the character well. He was good looking & had a warm personality.

If any character was to take Donna off Ray, Senator Andrew Dowling was the right character.

He'll be missed. One of the show's better Guest Star's. :cry:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Sorry to hear of this, I really liked him. Thank you for sharing.

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
Reaction score
Medals
Sorry to hear of Mr. McMullan's passing. :rip:

So in the Dallas universe, Texas' two senators in the US Senate were Sen. Dave Culver and Sen. Andrew Dowling? I assumed Sen. Dowling was from Texas in those stories but I never remember it being an established fact. :think:

James from London

Telly Talk Superstar
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals
So in the Dallas universe, Texas' two senators in the US Senate were Sen. Dave Culver and Sen. Andrew Dowling?
In the early days, there was Senator Wild Bill Orloff and, briefly, Senator Bobby Ewing. Later, there was Senator O'Dell (aka Paul Galveston aka Sheriff Titus Semple).

I assumed Sen. Dowling was from Texas in those stories but I never remember it being an established fact.
I'm not sure that he was.

Michelle Stevens

'The Lovely Michelle'
Reaction score
Medals
In the early days, there was Senator Wild Bill Orloff and, briefly, Senator Bobby Ewing. Later, there was Senator O'Dell (aka Paul Galveston aka Sheriff Titus Semple).
I was always under the assumption that Bobby was a State Senator (as opposed to US Senator) as he was always going to Austin. I always found the politics of Dallas interesting.

James from London

Telly Talk Superstar
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
I was always under the assumption that Bobby was a State Senator (as opposed to US Senator) as he was always going to Austin. I always found the politics of Dallas interesting.
Wild Bill was a State Senator as well. Cliff ran for the seat he had vacated, but lost to the dull Martin Cole of Fort Worth, who as KGIM viewers were assumed to know, was married to either the niece or daughter of the still-popular Mr. Orloff

Barbara Fan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Sorry to hear the news, I thought his character was rather dull on Dallas but a good match with similar interest for Donna in the show
RIP Jim McMullan

Angela Channing

Reaction score
Medals
A young Jim McMullen (on the right) in The Time Tunnel, 1968, with the 2 main characters Doug and Tony.

Angela Channing

Reaction score
Medals

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I'm sorry to hear that. My condolances to his family and friends. :rip: