Sheridan Exits As Alexis In New Dynasty

garry

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
She's out and the role may be recast..

Perhaps it’s time for the Carrington mansion to get fitted for a revolving door?

TVLine has learned exclusively that Nicollette Sheridan is exiting Dynasty after a little over a year of playing Alexis Carrington. In a statement to TVLine, The CW and CBS Television Studios said, “Nicollette Sheridan will be leaving Dynasty in order to focus on some personal family responsibilities. She was a valuable asset to the show and we wish her continued success in the future.”

Sheridan will make her final appearance as Alexis in March and, per an insider, the role may be recast.

Sheridan’s departure represents the third major cast shake-up to rock the reboot in less than a year, following the exits of series regulars Nathalie Kelley (as the original Cristal) and James Mackay (as Steven).

Sheridan joined Dynasty midway through Season 1 as the mother of all troublemakers, succeeding Joan Collins, who popularized the iconic role in the original ABC series. It marked Sheridan’s first major TV gig since her stormy exit from Desperate Housewives in 2009. Prior to her five-season stint on the ABC drama, Sheridan was a series regular on the primetime soap Knots Landing.

Despite modest-at-best ratings, Dynasty has already been renewed for a third season at The CW.

https://tvline.com/2019/02/25/nicol...PY4hazhQ_5N-IJ27-XlRJPIhXHMmTaQ19Fi8WIKtKjHbY

Last edited:

TJames03

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!

Why this crazy cow continues to get work, I will never know....

Rove

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Wait! What? There is something seriously off with this reboot..behind the scenes that is. Such a shame someone hasn't been filming a "behind the scenes" docudrama because I believe this would have been just as entertaining.

Talk of a recast is cause for major embarrassment for a series about to enter its third season, plus add to this the most iconic character in the Dynasty Universe. This would have been like recasting the role of JR Ewing on TNT Dallas after the death of Larry Hagman. If the producers of Dynasty 2.0 wish to understand why viewers are not watching this nonsense take a good look in the mirror.

Now what was I saying a while ago when Alexis (Nicolette) had that heart to heart with Sam in the foyer. I told you all there was something very telling in Nicolette's delivery.

Rove

Telly Talk Mega Star
Reaction score
Send her back to the boondocks where she belongs!!!
TJ I wouldn't place too much credence on that title, "Nicolette Sheridan Fired From CW's Dynasty." It would appear the person behind that website made their own heading up. Other sites have simply accepted the press release offered by The CW and CBS Television Studios. Until we hear from Nicolette herself everything else is FAKE NEWS!

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
So Michael is still in and Alexis is out...? This is not Dynasty, it's Twilight Zone o_O

Maybe she realized the crap she got herself trapped in... :)

What now? Enter the Real Alexis Carrington: Granny Joannie Collins!! :spinning:

TJames03

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
TJ I wouldn't place too much credence on that title, "Nicolette Sheridan Fired From CW's Dynasty." It would appear the person behind that website made their own heading up. Other sites have simply accepted the press release offered by The CW and CBS Television Studios. Until we hear from Nicolette herself everything else is FAKE NEWS!
Not this time. It is real.......bitch is OUT!!!!

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Enthusiast
Reaction score
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Medals
I liked her in the show. :(
I wonder how they will write her out, if she already leaves in one of the March episodes.
So she must have been "let go" around the end of last year already?!

Last edited:

Ked

Telly Talk Star
Reaction score
Medals
With Alexis gone... does this mean Dominique can be the show's new trouble-making vixen?

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Ouch! That's a shame that she's leaving the show already. :( I mean Dynasty without Alexis?:eck:

Then again I guess we can all agree on that this show is not really Dynasty except in name only. How it could be renewed for a season three is beyond me. :confuse:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
It seems strange they didn't tie her down to a longer contract or at least a contract with options for the producers to extend it. Maybe they weren't confident the series would be picked up for another season or there was some kind of behind the scenes disagreement with her which lead to her departure.

jeromeGB

Telly Talk Newbie
Reaction score
From what I’ve read, she wants to look after her mum who is terminally ill. Maybe we need to give her credit for that? Maybe the producers just accepted to let her go??

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Reaction score
Medals
From what I’ve read, she wants to look after her mum who is terminally ill
That's sad, and I wish her strength in those difficult times.

But she's too good for this show so I think she should have left anyway (and remove it from her résumé and IMDb profile)

jeromeGB

Telly Talk Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: Sheridan released her own statement early Tuesday.

“Working on the Dynasty reboot and reprising the iconic role of Alexis has been thoroughly enjoyable, but the chance to spend precious time with my terminally ill mother is more important to me right now. I am profoundly grateful to Mark Pedowitz (The CW) and David Stapf (CBS) for graciously allowing me to return to Los Angeles to be with her, and I wish them and everyone associated with the show nothing but continued success. I am hopeful that my fans will embrace my successor with as much passion as they embraced me.”

Reactions: Ked

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Nooooo!!!! :sad: