Shot Through the Heart

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can't believe you did that. I can't believe JR did that. I am NOT happy right now.
My poor baby.
He needs to remember he loves her, and all the shit she's forgiven him for, then check his wounded pride and get his arse home to his wife BEFORE he does something really stupid he can't take back.

I hate the witch, jerk, and Kristen.
And I hate Dusty too. He has no right to try and come crashing into her life.

If anyone needs me I'll be in the corner fuming or crying, not sure which yet.

CeeCee72

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sorry @Honkytonkangel . I didn't see how I could just leave Dusty hanging out there and not resolve the situation.

Have some faith. I think JR has grown a little bit in this story. He might surprise you.
Dusty was dead. How much closure does it need. He just pisses me off when he's around. Always quick to slag off JR, but only there for Sue Ellen himself when it suits HIM.
I Will put my faith in you and my boy. But tell JR if he doesn't make it right, I'm coming after him.

Miss Texas 1967

LV

Reaction score
Awards
JR is a complete idiot. Promises to do and be better and then explodes at the first piece of news that isn't exactly what he liked to hear.
Sue Ellen never would have been with Dusty if JR had been paying attention to her, think about that JR.

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.

The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."

Shot Through the Heart

Part Twenty-eight:

"That sounded bad," Bobby sighed, watching his wife hang up the phone. "You going over there?"

"No," Pam sighed. "She wants to be alone."

"You don't think she'll drink, do you?"

"There's no alcohol in the apartment and she can't leave John Ross. No. I don't think she'll drink."

"I knew JR was upset. I had no idea he was that upset."

"They'll work it out," Pam told him. "Bobby?"

"Yeah?"

"If Kristen's baby turns out to be Cliff's…"

"I know," Bobby sighed. "He can't take care of a baby."

"But we can," Pam said softly.

Bobby studied her carefully for a few minutes then reached out to gently stroke her cheek. "We'll talk about it when the time comes. That baby might not be his."

"I know. But it might be."

"Yes. And if it is, we'll do what needs to be done."

Sue Ellen desperately wanted a drink.

It was all too much.

Dusty was alive.

And JR was furious.

As far as she could see, JR had no right whatsoever to be angry with her. She started seeing Dusty when JR had been with Kristen. Their marriage had been just awful.

JR was right though. She DID care for Dusty. Very deeply. She had believed she could leave JR and live a happy life with him.

But that was then.

And this was now.

And she wasn't going to drink, no matter how tempted she was. If she took that first drink, it would lead to another, then another, then another. No matter what happened between her and JR, she wouldn't allow herself to get sucked back into constant drunkenness. John Ross needed her sober and clear headed.

And JR…

JR may forgive her for Dusty, but she knew her weakness for alcohol disgusted him. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of sending her back to the bottle.

She needed to see Dusty though. She needed to see with her own eyes that he was alive and okay. She couldn't just pretend nothing had happened. Dusty had been very important to her. She needed to know he was truly okay.

And JR?

He was either going to have to deal with or not.

She wanted her husband. She wanted her marriage to work.

But she wasn't willing to sacrifice herself and who she really was just to please him.

Not this time.

Not ever again.

"JR, what are you doing here?"

JR looked up and rolled his eyes. Ray Krebbs was the absolute last person he wanted to talk to. "Slumming," JR barked at him.

Ray laughed and sat down on the empty bar stool beside JR. "You must really be pissed to decide to drive all the way from Dallas to Braddock to do your drinking at this little dive bar."

"I didn't want to run into anyone I knew," JR told him.

"Guess that didn't work out," Ray laughed and ordered a beer.

"Obviously not," JR grumbled. "How did you know I was here?"

"I didn't," Ray told him. "Pure dumb luck to run into you here. Your wife called Southfork earlier. I happened to be up at the house planning to go to a cattle action with Jock tomorrow. She seemed pretty upset. Pam and Bobby were talking about whether or not she might hit the bottle."

"Mind your own business, Ray," JR warned him.

"No problem, JR," Ray took a swig of his beer. "Just wondering, since you don't seem to want her, mind if I take a shot?"

"I will kill you," JR slammed down his drink and grabbed Ray's collar.

"Why?" Ray pushed him. "You seem to be willing to let that Farlow guy have her. What's the difference whether it's one cowboy or another?"

JR hauled back and punched Ray in the jaw, hard. Ray toppled off his barstool and landed square on his backside on the floor. Everyone around them moved back to make room for the coming brawl, but Ray just laughed and stood up. "I deserved that, so I'll let you get away with it. But it's pretty obvious you're jealous as hell."

"She's my wife!" JR raged.

"Yes, she is. So why are you here drinking yourself senseless when you should be home with her making sure she never even thinks about that cowboy again?"

"It's not that simple," JR growled. "She has feelings for him."

"Of course she does, JR. Sue Ellen isn't like you. She can't just crawl into someone's bed for sex alone. She's a lady, not a whore."

Ray didn't tell that he knew this all for a fact. His drunken one night stand with Sue Ellen never needed to come to light. He had hoped it would turn into an ongoing thing, but Sue Ellen had shut him down cold

"Look, JR. I know you. Hell, I've been with you out catting with other women. I know it's only about cheap sex for you. But it still hurt her. And she needed more than just sex. She needed to be cared for. She wasn't getting that from you, so she went to someone else. Yeah she probably cares for him - but she loves YOU."

"How do you know so damned much about my wife?"

"I'm around all the time and I pay attention, JR. A blind man could see how much she loves you."

"Ray, I'm drunk."

"I know."

"I need a ride back to Dallas."

"I know," Ray grinned at him. "Let's go."

"Guess JR and Sue Ellen won't be reconciling after all."

Ellie put down her book and turned to face her husband. "What makes you say that?"

"Don't play dumb," he grunted. "I know you heard all the commotion earlier when Sue Ellen called. Hell, Ray and I were in the study and we heard the whole thing."

"Yes, I heard," Ellie sighed. "It sounds like a messy situation. But JR and Sue Ellen will work it out."

"I doubt it. This is two affairs. There's probably more that JR doesn't know about it. Sue Ellen isn't fit to be his wife and she isn't fit to be my grandson's mother."

"Two affairs?" Ellie repeated, "Compared to how many JR has had?"

"That's different Ellie."

"Why? Because JR is a man?"

"Hell yes."

"Jock, let me tell you something. Whatever Sue Ellen has or hasn't done, JR is directly responsible for it. He neglected that girl from the very beginning, dumping her off here and expecting her to be a faithful little obedient wife with nothing to fill her days except shopping and party planning. He did more than cheat. He rubbed her nose in it. My God, he couldn't even bother to be discreet!"

"That's no excuse, Ellie."

"You had better come to peace with the fact that JR loves her. He might be angry right now, but he'll forgive her. He didn't leave her when he thought John Ross belonged to Cliff Barnes, he didn't leave her when he thought she shot him, and he won't leave her now. Sue Ellen is a part of this family, and she's going to stay that way. And you? You'd better not interfere."

"She isn't fit to raise my grandson."

"Well, that's your opinion, but it's irrelevant. She's his mother. She's JR's wife. And she will be welcomed into this house and into this family."

"Listen, Ellie…"

"No," she snapped. "I'm not going to listen. I'm going to sleep. I'm done talking about it. But take heed, Jock. Ewing Oil is your business. This family is mine. And I have said my final peace on the matter."

JR struggled to get the key in the keyhole, pushed open the door, and stumbled into the apartment.

His eyebrows shot up in surprise when he saw Sue Ellen sitting on the couch. "I thought you'd be asleep."

"As if I could sleep after the way you tore out of here today. Where have you been?"

"Out drinking," he told her.

"Yes. I can see that," she said, taking in his disheveled appearance and his bloodshot eyes. "I can smell it too."

"Why were you waiting up? Were you really that sure I'd come back here to you?"

"Not sure," she admitted. "But hopeful."

"Well here I am," he grunted. "I'm drunk, honey. This isn't the time to talk about your Cowboy fetish."

Sue Ellen's eyes narrowed, but she decided to let that snide little comment pass. "Come sit down , JR - before you fall down."

JR grunted again and moved carefully to the couch. He sank down beside her, leaned back against the cushions, and closed his eyes. "Aren't you going to ask me why I came back?"

"No. If you want to tell me, you will."

"I can't stay away," he told her, his voice low and tinged with bitterness. "No matter how mad I get. No matter how much hurt between us. I just can't stay away from you, Sue Ellen."

"I can understand that," she whispered. "I have the exact same problem when it comes to you."

"Do you?" He opened his eyes and turned his head to look at her.

"I do."

"Must be love then," he growled.

"Must be."

"I don't think I can make it to the bed, honey."

"Then I guess we'll just have to sleep here, won't we?"

"We?" His voice got even lower. "You gonna stay with me out here on the couch, Miss Texas?"

"I am," she told him. "You're my husband. I'm supposed to sleep with you. Besides…"

"Besides what?"

"John Ross is in the bedroom."

"So?"

"So, I don't want his father's moans and groans to wake him up."

JR felt his whole body respond to her words. He had thought he was way too drunk to get an erection, but he was wrong. All it took was her mention the possibility of sex and his entire body snapped to attention. "Is that right?"

"Yes, that's right, JR."

She slid off the couch onto her knees and reached out to unbuckle his belt. "Do you remember what we said to each other last night when we were making love, JR?"

"Remind me," he groaned when she freed him from his pants.

"You said I was yours and that you were mine. Remember?"

"God, Yes!" He didn't even know if he was responding to her question or to the incredible feeling of her taking him into her mouth. He bucked against her face. It was the most incredible feeling he had ever experienced. "Sue Ellen!"

Sue Ellen teased him for what felt like an eternity. She finally raised her head and looked up, fixing her eyes of his. "Say it again," she commanded him. "Tell me who I belong to."

"Sue Ellen…"

She ran her tongue along his entire member, from stem to top, then took him back into her mouth. He shot off the couch, clutched her hair, lifted her head up, and forced her to let him go. "Say it," she demanded.

"You're mine," he told her, his voice husky and hoarse with want. "You're mine, Sue Ellen Ewing. And I'm yours."

Sue Ellen smiled, stood up, lifted her nightgown, and sat down on his lap. She positioned herself over him and slowly descended, taking his entire length into her body. "That's right, JR," she moaned, moving her body back and forth in a fast, steady rhythm, "and don't you ever forget it again."

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have to say this 'take no shit' Sue Ellen that is emerging more and more is quite fabulous, and though I hate when she's hurt I love that she isn't losing her vulnerability either.
So proud of her for not giving in and taking a drink too.
Very cool to see Miss Ellie call Jerk out on his attitude towards Sue Ellen and JR again, at least she's learning .But he still being a complete arsehole, he needs the horsewhip again. Or a trip to South America
I think he is the one not fit to be Miss Ellie's husband or JR's father................ ARGGH he makes me so angry.
Cool to see Ray too, and how he got JR to go home, even if it did get him a punch in the face.

Last edited:

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards
You know...

I never liked Jock. I know that puts me in the minority, but it's true. Maybe I think too much, but I always felt like SOMETHING made JR turn out as screwed up as he was and I always suspected it was his father's influence.

I m going to explore that deeply in this fic. So, fair warning, the next few chapters are gonna be VERY rough on Jock fans.

Miss Texas 1967

LV

Reaction score
Awards
You know...

I never liked Jock. I know that puts me in the minority, but it's true. Maybe I think too much, but I always felt like SOMETHING made JR turn out as screwed up as he was and I always suspected it was his father's influence.

I m going to explore that deeply in this fic. So, fair warning, the next few chapters are gonna be VERY rough on Jock fans.
Honestly, same.
Miss Ellie too :ms:
These parents screwed up their kids, all of them, JR particularly.
I spent a lot of mental energy exploring this in my own fanfic and have concluded they all had too many issues to really live without it affecting them. Sue Ellen too, Patricia never let up and even when she tried to be kind it wasn't unconditional or without judgement.

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.

This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.

Shot Through the Heart

Part Twenty-nine:

JR stopped on his way from the bedroom to the kitchen, allowing himself to admire the view of his wife's backside as she bent over to help John Ross stack up his blocks.

"There you go, baby," she straightened and smiled at her son. She turned around and nodded at her husband. "Good morning, JR. How are you feeling?"

"A little hung over," he told her truthfully.

"Yes. Well, that's to be expected. Coffee is ready and your breakfast is waiting on the table, along with your newspaper."

"Thanks," he grunted and moved to the kitchen. He sat down at the table, poured a cup of coffee, and glanced at the front page of the paper. There was a huge picture of Kristen and Patricia being led into the police station along with the screaming headline, "JAIL BABY!"

"I don't want to read that," he pushed the paper away from him and rubbed his temples.

"Well, it's not going away," Sue Ellen sighed, taking a seat across from him. "The good news is that the article makes it clear that you're not the father of her baby."

"Does it mention your cowboy?"

"No. But you know Kristen will make that public the first chance she gets."

"Yes," he growled. "So when are we going to see him?'

"What? Who?"

"Don't play games with me, Miss Texas. I know you're going to want to see Farlow. If you think I'm letting you go alone, you're out of your damn mind."

"I… I don't expect you to go, JR. I thought maybe Pam…"

"No," he cut her off. "Me and you, honey. That's the way it has to be. I have to see with my own eyes you don't love him as much as you love me."

"Alright, JR. Let's go this morning and just get it over with. We can drop John Ross at the ranch."

They were silent for a few minutes while JR ate his breakfast. He cleaned his plate and pushed it away from him. "Yesterday before all hell broke loose,you said you and Mama had talked. What was that all about?"

"Oh. You and I are going to have to find a bigger apartment. John Ross needs his own room."

"Hell, Sue Ellen, I have plenty of condos we can use, but wouldn't you be happier if we just bought a house?"

"We're not buying a house, JR. We're building one. We'll only need an apartment or condo until it's done."

"What are you talking about Sue Ellen?"

"Remember back in the old days when we had our own little house on Southfork? Before we moved into the main house?"

"Yeah. But those houses are being used by the servants now."

"Yes. That's why we're going to build a new one. Miss Ellie is giving us three acres so we can stay on Southfork, but don't have to live under the same roof as your father."

"Really?" JR was surprised. After all, it had been Miss Ellie who had insisted they give up their little homes and move into the main house in the first place. "That's interesting."

"Is the arrangement acceptable to you?"

"It's more than acceptable. But you need to make sure it's what you want before we go through all the trouble of building. You'll still be on Southfork."

"Yes. But we will have our own home, JR. Just me and you and John Ross. And you and John Ross belong at Southfork. It's your home."

"You belong there too," he told her. "You're my wife."

"Yes," she smiled at him. "And I'm not going anywhere."

"Damn straight you're not," he growled.

He watched her clear his breakfast plate and move to the sink. "Sue Ellen?"

"Yes?" She didn't turn around to face him.

"I probably won't like the answer to this question, but I have to know…"

"What?" She asked, still not turning around.

"Last night...what you did to me...on the couch…" he squirmed uncomfortably and forced himself to continue, "with your mouth...who taught you how to do that?"

Sue Ellen laughed and finally turned around. "No one taught me how to do it, JR."

"But you...I mean we never…"

"I read it in a book," she told him.

"A book?"

"Yes. Pam gave it to me. It's sort of a manual on how to please your man."

"Why in the hell would Pam give you something like that?"

"Because I thought you didn't want me...that I wasn't pleasing you."

"And what you did last night, you learned it from that book?"

"Yes, JR," she sighed. "I have never done that with any other man."

JR shook his head and stood up. "What else is in that book, Sue Ellen?" He walked up behind her, trapping her body between his and the sink.

"Lots of interesting things," she moaned as he began trailing hot kisses along her neck. "Want to read it?"

"No," he gave her one last kiss on the top of the head and let her go. "Surprise me."

"Oh, I think you're going to be very surprised. And very pleased."

JR laughed out loud and smacked her playfully on the behind. "I would never admit this to another living soul, but I think I'm starting to have a whole new appreciation for that Barnes woman."

Sue Ellen laughed along with him for a moment,then turned serious again. "So… I guess this means you can put my affair with Dusty behind you and stay married to me?"

"Yes," he sighed heavily. "I'll take you to make sure he's okay, but you have to say goodbye. You understand?"

"Yes, JR. I understand. I'm yours. And you're mine."

"Exactly," he bent his head to kiss her. "Exactly."

"What are the risks?" Pam asked the doctor.

"Multiple. The procedure itself has risks. Any medical procedure does. Then, if he isn't able to take liquids on his own after we remove the tube, we'll have to turn right back around and put it back. Mrs. Ewing, I strongly recommend against doing this."

"Cliff is a grown man and he's already made his decision," Pam told him."He knows the danger and he still wants the feeding tube removed."

"And you won't try to talk him out of it?"

"I've tried," Pam told him. "It's useless."

"Alright. We'll take him down in a bit. Just remember, he is doing this against the advice of his entire medical team."

"I understand," Pam said.

The doctor nodded at her and walked away.

"My God, Cliff," she sighed. "I hope with all my heart you know what you're doing."

JR and Sue Ellen sat silently in the car, both afraid to speak. JR turned his head to look at her and his eyes narrowed when he noticed she was shaking.

"What are you afraid of, Sue Ellen?"

"I'm afraid of losing you."

"Why would you lose me?"

"Because I don't know how Dusty will react to seeing me. I don't know what he'll say. I don't know if you'll get angry and storm away from me again."

JR saw a man approaching the car from the corner of his eye. "Do you love me, Sue Ellen?"

"Of course I do!"

"Are you going to say goodbye to this cowboy and come home with me?"

"Of course I am!"

"Then there's nothing for you to be afraid of."

He got out of the car and walked around to open her door. He took her by the hand and pulled her out of her seat. "I'm sure I'll hear things I don't like. And I might get mad. But I won't storm off, and you won't lose me."

"Promise me," she whispered shakily.

"I promise," he gave her a quick, firm kiss then turned to greet the man who had been walking toward them. "I'm JR Ewing."

"Yes," the other man said, offering his hand to shake. "I know who you are. And you must be Sue Ellen," he nodded at her. "I'm Clayton Farlow. I'm Dusty's father. He's waiting for you in the house. Please follow me."

Sue Ellen held onto JR's hand for dear life as they followed the man into the house. She prayed silently that JR would keep his promise not to leave her - because if he didn't, she wasn't sure she could survive.

Kristen waited patiently for her guard to uncuff her then walked over and had a seat across from her visitor. "Does anyone know you're here?"

"No. You told me not to tell anyone and I didn't."

"Good. Listen to me. If you want this baby, it's going to cost you."

"Cost me what?"

"A lot of money. And my freedom."

"Money I can do. Your freedom isn't on the table."

"Of course it is. Money doesn't do me a damn bit of good if I'm stuck in here and can't spend it."

"Your charges are very serious, Kristen."

"Don't make me laugh. All they have me on is fraud. You can make that go away.'

"Your mother's charge is attempted murder."

"So what? She isn't part of this deal. She can rot in here for all I care."

"You would feel that way, wouldn't you? She's only in here because of you and you don't give a damn.'

"That's right. I don't," Kristen snapped. "Do we have a deal or not?'

"Yes. But only if you can prove that Cliff Barnes is the father of your child."

"He is and I can. But listen to me. No tricks. No games. You try to double cross me, I'll have this baby adopted out to a family in Antarctica and your precious little wife will never see it. Understand?"

"Yes," Bobby sank back in his chair and nodded."I understand just fine."

*""

"What's wrong with you?"

Lucy looked up and pulled down her sunglasses to see Ray standing over top of her. "What makes you think there's anything wrong with me?"

"I've been working the horses up by the house. Been watching you. You're sulking."

"You've been watching me? No offense, but that's kinda creepy, Ray."

He laughed and sat down beside her. "That's long done," he told her. "You have no worries from me in that department anymore."

"I know," she told him. "And you're right. I am sulking."

"Thought so. What's up?"

"Don't get me wrong, Ray. I mean I'm glad that Bobby and JR are getting along better and standing up for each other to my grandparents. But…"

"But what?"

"I guess it just burns me that no one ever bothers to stand up for my daddy.'

Ray grimaced and pulled his hat down low over his eyes. "Told your uncles or your aunts how you feel?"

"No."

"Well, you should," he told her, standing up. "They can't read your mind and with everything going on around here, I doubt Gary has even crossed their minds recently."

"Exactly. They have enough to deal with right now without worrying about my hurt feelings."

"You're wrong, Lucy. They all love you. If they knew you were hurting, they'd want to do something about it."

"Maybe…"

"You have two choices, young lady. Keep sitting out here by the pool all alone baking yourself in the sun and wallowing in your misery, or grow up and talk to your family. I strongly suggest you choose option number two."

Lucy watched as he sauntered away without another word. She sighed heavily and decided Ray was right. It was time for her to tell her family how she really felt. Either they cared or they didn't, but she needed to know one way or the other.

Sue Ellen and JR followed Clayton Farlow into a sitting room and waited to be invited to sit.

"Wait here," he said to them, indicating they should sit on a couch. "I'll go get Dusty."

They sat down together and JR grunted. "Loosen your grip, honey," he flexed his hand, "you're cutting off my circulation."

"Sorry, JR," she whispered shakily.

"You don't need to hold on so tight. I promise I won't try to run away."

"Sue Ellen?"

Her whole body stiffened at the sound of the familiar voice. "Dusty!" She gasped. "You really ARE alive!"

"I am," Dusty told her as Clayton pushed his wheelchair into the room, positioning it directly across from JR and Sue Ellen. "Mr. Ewing," he nodded at JR. "I'm surprised to see you here."

"You can call me JR," JR growled. "And I don't know why you're surprised to see me. I told you on the phone I was coming with her."

"You did," Dusty agreed. "But I really didn't think you'd have the nerve to show."

"Do you have something to say to my wife or not?" JR snarled.

"Yes," Dusty's voice turned gentle. "Sue Ellen, I'm sure the news of my death shook you. And I know you were probably heartbroken and scared. So, you ran back to JR. I want you to know I understand and I forgive you."

"Forgive me?" Sue Ellen repeated. "For what?"

"Taking him back. Letting him back into your bed. Shaming yourself by standing by him after that awful trial. I want you to know I understand why you did it. But you're free now, sweetheart. I wanted to be stronger before I saw you, but circumstances forced me to come forward earlier than I wanted. But I know I'm strong enough to take care of you."

Sue Ellen felt the stiffness in JR's body and she was acutely aware of his heavy breathing. He was struggling mightily to keep his temper in check and remain silent. She put her free hand on his knee and squeezed it lightly. "Dusty, I care for you very much. And I'm so happy to see you alive and recovering. But JR is my husband. I love him. I'm staying with him."

"You don't love him, Sue Ellen," Dusty told her. "You think you need him. I'm telling you that you don't. I'll take care of you."

"How're you gonna do that from that wheelchair?" JR asked, his voice low but furious. "You're a damn cripple."

"I won't be in this wheelchair for long," Dusty snapped back. "And I can take care of her better than you even in this chair. In EVERY way."

"Why you piece of…."

"JR, please!" Sue Ellen sounded panicked. "Please let me handle this."

JR took a deep breath and forced himself to calm down.

"Dusty, you and I met at the absolute lowest point of my life. You were a godsend - or so I thought at the time. But I love JR. I always have, and I always will. I DO need him. And if I need to be taken care of, he'll be the one to take care of me."

"He'll hurt you again."

"Maybe. And maybe I'll hurt him again too. I hope not, but no one knows the future. What I DO know is that he is my first love, my true love. He is the father of my child. I'm his. And he's mine."

"Be sure, Sue Ellen," Dusty warned her. "I won't give you another chance."

"I know that," Sue Ellen whispered softly. "And that's why I'm so sure. JR will always give me as many chances as it takes. Isn't that right, JR?"

"That's right, honey," his voice was even softer than hers, "no matter what."

"Then there's nothing more to say between us," Dusty shrugged. "I'm sure you can see yourselves out."

JR and Sue Ellen stood and moved to leave. "I wish you well, Dusty," Sue Ellen told him. "I truly do."

"I wish the same for you, Sue Ellen. Good luck. I hope you're right about JR and I'm wrong. But I wouldn't bet on it. Not even a penny."

"Farlow.."

"Please, JR," Sue Ellen tugged at his hand. "Please let's just go."

JR nodded at her and led her from the house. They walked to the car in silence and he opened her door and helped her inside. "Sue Ellen?"

"Yes?" She looked up at him with wide, questioning eyes.

"You can bet your life on me. I hope you know that."

"I do, JR," she gifted him with a brilliant smile, "and I already have."

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Yes," Dusty's voice turned gentle. "Sue Ellen, I'm sure the news of my death shook you. And I know you were probably heartbroken and scared. So, you ran back to JR. I want you to know I understand and I forgive you."

"Forgive me?" Sue Ellen repeated. "For what?"

"Taking him back. Letting him back into your bed. Shaming yourself by standing by him after that awful trial. I want you to know I understand why you did it. But you're free now, sweetheart. I wanted to be stronger before I saw you, but circumstances forced me to come forward earlier than I wanted. But I know I'm strong enough to take care of you."
Gentle voice or not Dusty is an arrogant arsehole, who still cares more about himself and what he wants than he does about Sue Ellen. He doesn't even TRY to fight for her.

But my babies. I'm all misty right now. Loved what they said to the saddle tramp.
And cripple comment aside, JR has made me proud again.

But my favourite part was the whole conversation between JR and Sue Ellen. I love they are FINALLY learning to talk to each other, even about the uncomfortable stuff.
And I love that they're gonna have their own home.

Bobby is being stupid to go anywhere near Kristen or that baby.

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards

Shot Through the Heart

Part Thirty:

"What do you think?"

"It's lovely."

JR frowned at the flatness of his wife's voice. "For God's sake, Sue Ellen, if you don't like it, just say so. We can find something else."

"No," Sue Ellen shook her head. "It seems perfect for our temporary housing needs."

JR bit back a groan and took a deep breath. She'd been quiet on the ride back from the Southern Cross and now she seemed to not be a bit excited about the condo. "Are you starting to doubt your decision?"

"What?"

"Do you already regret choosing me over the cowboy?"

"Don't be ridiculous, JR," she snapped.

"Then what's with the long face?"

"I just…" she sighed heavily and turned to face him. "JR, how long have you owned this condo?"

"A few years. Why?"

"How many of your mistresses have spent the night here?"

"None," he told her. "I won't lie to you, Sue Ellen. I have a lot of condos and some of them I used to see other women. But this one was only ever used to house out of town business associates."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Then it's perfect."

"You can decorate it however you want to."

"It's only temporary, JR. It's fine the way it is. Besides, I'll be spending a lot of time overseeing the new house."

"Sue Ellen, are you sure this is what you want? You really don't have to move back to Southfork just to please me."

"I know, JR. I want to. Really."

"Alright," he reached out and pulled her close to him. "Thanks for today. I needed to hear you tell Farlow that you love me."

"I don't ever want either of us to have to doubt anymore, JR."

He bent his head to kiss her. The kiss started soft and gentle, but before long it turned deep and passionate. "Come on," he growled when he finally lifted his head. "I'll show you our new bedroom and you can show me some of the new tricks you learned from that book."

Sue Ellen laughed and let him lead her to the bedroom. She hoped with all her heart that they would always be as happy together as they were at this very moment.

"It can't be me. I had a vasectomy years ago."

"You're a little young for that, aren't you?"

"I hate kids."

Bobby nodded and sighed heavily. "You were the DA for a long time. What are the chances that the fraud charges against Kristen can be dropped?"

"At this point, pretty slim," the former DA shrugged. "The victims want justice. The new DA won't cut her any slack given the way she made a mockery of our justice system during Mrs. Ewing's trial."

"But if the victims change their minds?"

"It would be hard to prosecute her without the cooperation of the witnesses. I mean, it can be done, but getting a jury to convict when the victims claim not to be victims? Tough sell."

"And you're sure she won't be brought to trial for shooting JR?"

"Fairly sure. Trying two people for the same crime is a practical impossibility. Kristen's lawyer would drag up Mrs. Ewing's trial. The fact that the DA's office already charged and prosecuted someone else for the shooting creates reasonable doubt from the get go."

"So it's possible that Kristen could walk away from all this unscathed."

"It's possible, but not likely. Mr. Ewing, why are you so interested?"

"I have my reasons," Bobby grunted and stood up. "Thank you for your time."

Bobby stood and walked to the door. He needed to talk to the men Kristen had been blackmailing. If he could convince them to walk away, then Kristen would go free.

He didn't like it; but he had to do it.

He had to do it for Pam.

"Lucy, Sue Ellen just called. She's going shopping to buy some things for the condo. Want to go with us?"

"Thanks, but I'm not really in the mood for shopping."

Pam's eyebrows shot up at the sound of Lucy's voice. It sounded weak and hoarse...as if the younger woman had been crying. "Is something wrong, Lucy?"

Lucy shrugged and looked away. "Something's been bothering me. I want to talk to you guys about it, but you're all dealing with so much. I don't want to add to your burden."

"Lucy, you could never be a burden to us in any way. You know that."

"Pam... it's just…"

"What?"

"It's about my parents. It's about the way everyone around here just acts like they don't even exist."

"I see," Pam sighed. "Oh, honey. I never considered…"

"I know," Lucy said bitterly. "No one ever considers them at all."

"Get your purse," Pam told her. "We're going to meet Sue Ellen. The three of us will have a nice long talk, okay?"

"But she has to get the condo ready…"

"And she will. But this is more important than making sure JR has the perfect thread count on his sheets. Come on. Let's see what the three of us can come up with. At the very least, we can listen."

Lucy smiled, stood up, and hugged her aunt. "Thanks, Pam."

"Of course, honey," Pam hugged her back. "Of course."

Jock stood silently in the shadows, careful not to make a sound. He didn't want the women to know he'd overheard them.

His eyes narrowed when it occurred to him that those three women would blow whatever problem Lucy had way out of proportion and cow JR and Bobby into doing something foolish.

The paper this morning had been horrifying. Pam's brother and Sue Ellen's sister had a thing together and the article hinted that Cliff might be the father of Kristen's child. Of course the reporter had pointed out the tangled web of JR, Sue Ellen, Barnes, and Kristen and all the musical bedrooms. Jock was embarrassed and disgusted to his core.

Sue Ellen and Pam were both trash and came from trashy families. So did Valene. Yet his sons treated them all like queens and allowed them to humiliate his good name over and over again.

He was going to put a stop to all of this nonsense once and for all.

"Have you told Jock?"

Ellie looked over at her friend and shrugged. "No. JR and Sue Ellen are coming to Southfork for dinner tomorrow night. We'll tell him then."

Mavis shook her head and sighed. "Ellie, it might not be a good idea to surprise him like that in front of the whole family. You might get a better reaction from him if you tell him yourself instead of making a surprise announcement in front of everyone."

"To be perfectly honest, Mavis, I don't particularly care how he reacts. If he doesn't like the fact that JR and Sue Ellen are going to build their own home on Southfork, that's just too bad. I don't interfere in his business, and he has no right to interfere in mine."

"But Ellie…"

"No buts," Ellie caught her off. "You of all people know what I have put up with from Jock Ewing over the years. I'm done bending to his iron will. I lost one son. I won't lose another. I've made my decision. Jock can either accept it or not. Either way, he doesn't get to take another child from me."

"You're sure?"

"No method of birth control is one hundred percent effective," Dr. Michaels told Bobby. "But I was careful. Very careful. I knew she was desperate to get pregnant. There was no way I was going to be the sperm donor she used to trap JR Ewing."

"Why sleep with her at all? You knew how devious she was. You had to know it would end badly."

"Kristen is hard to resist when she turns on the charm."

"Apparently. Seems like half the men in Dallas were sleeping with her."

"Yes," Dr. Michaels nodded. "But the father of that child is either Jordan Lee or Cliff Barnes."

"Got a best guess?"

"Yes. But you realize it would only be a guess, right?"

"Yes."

"She was sleeping with Lee on a regular basis. She was trying to get pregnant. She was even on fertility drugs."

"And?"

"And it never happened. But two weeks after she slept with Barnes...she turned up pregnant. Pretty big coincidence."

"You think the child is Cliff's?"

"If I had to bet, yeah, I'd bet on him. But like I said, it's only a guess. If I were you, I'd ask Lee to see his doctor. Or you can wait until the baby is born and get a blood test."

"I can't wait for that," Booby growled. "If Cliff Barnes is the father of that baby, I need to know right now. Waiting until the baby is born isn't an option at all."

"Oh, Lucy" Sue Ellen reached out and pulled Lucy close to her for a hug. "I'm so sorry, honey."

"I don't want to be selfish like this," Lucy cried.

"You stop that," Sue Ellen admonished her gently. "You're not the selfish one. We are. We're all so caught up in our own lives and our own problems that none of us ever gave a thought about how all this was making you feel."

"It's okay. You all have so much going on right now."

"That's no excuse," Pam told her. "Please forgive us for our selfishness, Lucy."

"There's nothing to forgive," Lucy smiled and pulled away from Sue Ellen. "I feel a lot better just having talked about it."

"I'm glad," Pam said thoughtfully. "But now we have to figure out what we're going to do about it."

"We're going to have to talk to our husbands," Sue Ellen sighed.

"Yes. Together or separately?"

"They're Ewings. Stronger together," Sue Ellen replied. "But we're stronger together too. We can talk about it while we shop. You ladies ready to spend JR's money?"

"Hell yes," Lucy laughed. "If we can't get him to do anything about my parents, at least we can give him a heart attack when he gets his credit card bill!"

"Well?"

JR sank back into his chair and shook his head. "Bobby, she can't go free."

"She has to, JR. It's the only way she'll give up the baby."

"It might not belong to Barnes."

"True. But chances are…"

"Look, I know Pam is gonna want that kid. But Sue Ellen...damnit Bobby, having Kristen's child around is going to be a constant reminder of my affair."

"I know, JR. And I don't know what to do."

"Barnes had his feeding tube removed, right? Can he talk yet?"

"No. The doctors told Pam it might be a few days."

"Then we start with Jordan Lee," JR told him. "Look, I'll help you get to the bottom about Barnes being the daddy. But our wives…"

"Yeah. You and I may end up on opposite sides of this mess. Think we should tell them?"

"No," JR answered immediately, "not until we know for sure that Barnes is the guilty party."

"I don't like keeping secrets from Pam. Maybe if we tell them, they can work it out between themselves. They've gotten very close."

JR shifted uncomfortably. He did it like the Idea of lying to Sue Ellen either, but he knew she would lose her damn mind if he told her Kristen may go free. He didn't want to deal with the drama if it turned out the kid belonged to Lee. "No, Bobby," he finally said. "We keep this just between us for now. Trust me. It's for the best."

"But JR…"

Bobby's words were cut off by the buzzing of JR's intercom. "JR," Sly's voice filled the room, "Mrs. Ewing is on line three."

"Which Mrs. Ewing?" JR asked.

"Your wife."

JR picked up the phone and held it to his ear. "Hi, honey. What? No. He's with me now. What time? Okay, see you then."

He hung up the phone and grimaced at his brother. "Apparently you and Pam are having dinner with us at the condo tonight. Lucy too."

"Suits me. Daddy makes dinner at Southfork miserable these days."

"Remember, Bobby. Not one word about Kristen. Not until we know exactly what we're dealing with. I mean it."

Bobby nodded and groaned inwardly. Secrets had a way of coming out at the worst possible time. He prayed like hell that this didn't blow up in their faces.

Miss Texas 1967

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Pam is honestly a good friend. If she couldn't describe it herself it was sweet to give Sue Ellen a book. (The Joy of Sex? With the drawings?) She may have been a huge gamechanger in the JR/SE marriage.
Shouldn't Cliff have said he had a vasectomy because of the neurofibromatosis rather than that he doesn't like kids? Lol. But yeah, if he's the father there's more than one doctor in town that'll be answering some difficult questions.
Speaking of doctors, Kristin's doctor was already in the unethical box but it keeps getting worse.
JR and Dusty together needed the witnesses otherwise it was sure to get a lot worse. I do feel a bit for Sue Ellen, she probably had more to say that she couldn't in the context they were in. Maybe that's for the best though.
I'm not looking forward to Gary's return if there is one. He's fine but I sort of don't care all that much for him.

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Pam is honestly a good friend. If she couldn't describe it herself it was sweet to give Sue Ellen a book. (The Joy of Sex? With the drawings?) She may have been a huge gamechanger in the JR/SE marriage.
Shouldn't Cliff have said he had a vasectomy because of the neurofibromatosis rather than that he doesn't like kids? Lol. But yeah, if he's the father there's more than one doctor in town that'll be answering some difficult questions.
Speaking of doctors, Kristin's doctor was already in the unethical box but it keeps getting worse.
JR and Dusty together needed the witnesses otherwise it was sure to get a lot worse. I do feel a bit for Sue Ellen, she probably had more to say that she couldn't in the context they were in. Maybe that's for the best though.
I'm not looking forward to Gary's return if there is one. He's fine but I sort of don't care all that much for him.
I think Gary is going to make an appearance. JR is going to remember something that involves him and Gary that explains part of why they can't get along.

Just for clarity, the vasectomy was had by the former DA who prosecuted Sue Ellen and was sleeping with Kristen, not Cliff.

I am ignoring the neurofibromatosis because Cliff never seemed to be particularly disturbed by it and I thought it was incredibly stupid, but I guess I need to consider at least mentioning it.

Miss Texas 1967

LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think Gary is going to make an appearance. JR is going to remember something that involves him and Gary that explains part of why they can't get along.

Just for clarity, the vasectomy was had by the former DA who prosecuted Sue Ellen and was sleeping with Kristen, not Cliff.

I am ignoring the neurofibromatosis because Cliff never seemed to be particularly disturbed by it and I thought it was incredibly stupid, but I guess I need to consider at least mentioning it.
That's what I get for reading on my phone half asleep and then commenting later lol. Whoops :p

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards

Shot Through the Heart

Part Thirty-one:

Sue Ellen kissed John Ross on the forehead and straightened. His new bedroom was perfect for him. It gave her and JR the privacy they needed, but he was close enough for her to hear him if he cried.

"I can't believe how much you got done around here today."

A beautiful smile broke across Sue Ellen's face at the sound of her husband's voice. "Do you like it?" She asked, watching him lean over the crib to kiss his sleeping son.

"It's perfect, Sue Ellen," he told her, kissing her on the cheek. "You did an amazing job."

"I had a lot of help," she told him. "Lucy and Pam were here most of the day. Your mother and Mavis stopped by too."

"Oh?"

"Yes. JR, Miss Ellie wants us to come to Southfork for dinner tomorrow night so that we can tell Jock about the new house."

"Alright," he sighed. "Probably will be a big scene."

"Yes."

"It's fine, Sue Ellen. Daddy will bluster and fuss, but I don't think he'll cross Mama."

"I hope you're right. And I hope…"

"What?"

"JR… Lucy has something to talk to you and Bobby about tonight. Please don't lose your temper."

"Jesus Christ. She isn't pregnant, is she?"

"Of course not!"

"Good. Then I don't see why I'd lose my temper."

"It's about her father…"

"Gary? He hitting the bottle again?"

"No, JR. Please just listen to her and try to keep a level head. For me?"

He smiled faintly and leaned forward to kiss her gently on the lips. "You know I can't say no to you, Miss Texas."

She smiled and hugged him tightly. "I just want you to listen, okay?"

"Okay, honey. I'll behave. I promise."

"You're an idiot."

"I'm a realist," Dusty growled. "You weren't there, Kristen. She is fully committed to her marriage now. She was practically oozing love for that bastard."

"JR has a way of manipulating her emotions. He'll screw up. Just give him time."

"I'm not going to wait around for her to realize she made a mistake."

"Then don't. Go after her. Trust me. Sue Ellen is easily confused by JR. She needs to know you're still here and you still want her. Abandoning her now is playing right into JR's hands."

"I'll think about it. In the meantime, I talked to Demerest. He won't be representing your mother."

"Good."

"I hope you know what you're doing, Kristen."

"Don't you worry," Kristen flashed him a devious smile, "I know EXACTLY what I'm doing."

JR pushed his plate away angrily and threw his napkin on the table. "Enough," he said growled.

"JR…"

"I said enough, Sue Ellen," he cut her off. "I get the message."

"Do you?" Pam asked doubtfully, gently patting Lucy's hand.

JR growled again and stood up. Lucy was crying. She'd spilled all her emotions out in a tearful rush.

Gary and Val had been wiped from the family like stubborn stains, and it had clearly taken a toll on the young woman.

JR looked at Bobby who simply shrugged at him and dropped his eyes to stare at his plate.

"Let's get something straight right up front," JR told the women. "The three of you might think you can gang up on us and make us do whatever you want. I'm here to tell you that won't always work."

"JR, we didn't mean to…"

"Yes, you did, Sue Ellen," he interrupted her again. "You knew exactly what you were doing. You thought the three of you could cry sweetly and bat your lashes and me and Bobby would melt like heated butter."

"It wasn't nefarious, JR," Pam protested. "We just thought Lucy needed our support when she talked to you two."

JR shook his head and the corner of his mouth curled up in a grin. "We all use what we have."

"What?" Pam snapped.

"Nothing," JR sighed. "Alright. I think given the history, Bobby ought to be the one to call Gary. I doubt he'd be happy to hear from me."

Lucy raised her eyes to meet JR's and she sucked in a deep breath. "Does that mean…"

"It means that Bobby should talk to him," JR grunted. "He can let him know I'm not opposed to him coming around and that I won't make any trouble for him if he does. We'll see where things go from there."

Lucy shot up out of her seat and flung herself into his arms so forcefully that he almost toppled over backwards. "Alight, girl," he wrapped his arms around her. "It's alright."

Sue Ellen turned her head away before JR could see the tears in her eyes. She was so happy for Lucy. Just getting JR to agree to the possibility of Gary coming home was a major victory.

But as happy as she was for Lucy, she couldn't help but be a little sad for herself. Her family had been utterly destroyed. JR may be able to repair his relationship with his wayward brother, but her sister was lost to her forever - along with her mother.

It didn't seem fair. And JR didn't seem to understand that in spite of everything Kristen and Patricia had done, a part of Sue Ellen would always love them both.

Ellie and Jock finished their dinner, neither bothering to even attempt to engage the other in conversation.

It was just the two of them at the huge dining room table. The rest of the family were all having dinner at JR and Sue Ellen's condo.

Ellie took one last sip of wine and stood up.

"What's your problem tonight?" Jock snarled at her.

"My problem?" Ellie repeated incredulously. "Look around, Jock. The house is empty. All of our children and grandchildren are gone."

"It's only for one night, Ellie," he said sullenly.

"Is it?" She wondered. "I hope so, Jock. Because if I have lost them all for good, I will never forgive you."

Jock didn't reply as she walked from the room. He didn't care how upset she was right now. He was still the head of his family and he would be damned if he would let any woman tell him how to handle his sons -not his daughters-in-law, not his granddaughter - not even Ellie.

"Sue Ellen?"

"Yes?"

"We need to talk about what happened tonight."

Sue Ellen put down her hairbrush and turned to face her husband. He was laying on their bed, eyeing her with dark, serious eyes. "What's to talk about?"

"I meant what I said in the kitchen. I don't like the idea of you women plotting together to manipulate me."

"It really wasn't like that, JR," she sighed. "Like Pam said, we just wanted to be there for Lucy when she talked to you."

"Uh huh," JR mocked her. "Listen, I know I have gotten softer. But I won't ever be the kind of man you can lead by the nose, honey. You need to remember that."

"Oh, for God's sake, JR," she rolled her eyes. "I know you better than anyone else. I know damn well you're not going to be…"

"Pussy whipped?"

"Do you have to be so vulgar?" She snapped.

"I don't recall you protesting about me being vulgar whispering in your ear earlier today when we broke in this new bed."

Sue Ellen blushed a deep shade of red and turned her head away. "You're awful sometimes, JR."

"Yes," he laughed at her. "I know. And you need to remember that, honey. I want to make you happy and I'll do my best. But I'm not Bobby. I won't be a sappy, obedient husband. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can use my love for you to control me the way Pam does Bobby."

"I don't want to control you, JR," she said softly. "And I don't want a love sick puppy for a husband. I want you, you horse's ass."

JR burst out laughing and held his hand out to her. "Come here," he ordered softly.

Sue Ellen stood up and walked over to the bed. "Loving me doesn't make you weak, JR," she told him huskily, dropping her nightgown down her body into a puddle around her feet.

"I feel pretty weak right now," he growled, his hand snaking out to grab hers and using it to pull her down on top of his body.

"That's a shame, JR," she leaves forward and teased his lips with hers. "I had plans for you tonight. You're going to need all your strength…"

"I'll see what I can do," he groaned as she slid down his body. "It might be touch and go, but I'll muster the energy from somewhere."

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards

Shot Through the Heart

Part Thirty-two:

JR grinned mischievously and let his eyes rake over his wife's body. She was standing with her back to him at the kitchen counter, assembling the ingredients for breakfast. He walked up behind her and smacked her lightly on her bottom. "Hurry up, Miss Texas," he whispered into her ear. "I worked up a huge appetite last night."

Sue Ellen jumped and let out a little squeal, "Stop sneaking up behind me like the, JR. You're going to give me a heart attack!"

"I like sneaking up behind you," he dropped his head to nibble at her neck. "The view is amazing."

"JR…" she moaned a weak protest. "If you want breakfast you need to behave."

"All of the sudden," he told her, reaching down to grab the hem of her nightgown and bunch it around her waist, "my hunger has nothing to do with food."

He unbuckled his belt and shook his pants down his body. "You make me crazy," he whispered into her ear.

She moaned deeply and ground her bare bottom against his erection. "Now, JR."

"No, Miss Texas," he slipped his hand between her legs and found her most sensitive spot, "I thought we agreed last night that you weren't the boss of me."

Sue Ellen spread her legs wider and leaned against the kitchen counter for support as he pleasured her. "God, you're a bastard sometimes."

"Aw, honey. You're going to hurt my feelings," he teased her. "Would be a shame if I had to stop pleasing you because I was so heartbroken by your insults."

"Don't you dare stop!" She bucked against his hand wildly. "Please!"

JR laughed and brought up his free hand to tease her nipples. "I'm going to make you explode," his fingers increased their pace against her slick wanhood. "Then I'm going to bend you over this counter and f*** your brains out. Will that please you Sue Ellen? Or am I being too vulgar?"

Sue Ellen threw back her head and screamed as she climaxed. She struggled to breath, her chest heaving and her body covered in sweat. "Take me now, JR," she demanded huskily, bending over slightly and resting her weight on her elbows on the kitchen counter. "NOW!"

JR slipped his leg between her knees, forcing her legs further apart. "You're gonna have to say it, Sue Ellen. I want to hear you get vulgar too."

"f*** me, JR," she said without hesitation. "f*** me hard."

JR almost came right then. Hearing her talk dirty made him absolutely crazy. He slammed into her from behind over and over until they crashed head on into an intense orgasm together.

After it was over, he helped her cover herself with her gown again and then yanked up his own pants.

"I need a shower now," Sue Ellen told him. Her.voice was hoarse and she seemed to have trouble.meeting his eyes. "Please excuse me for a few moments."

"No," JR stopped her, gently but firmly. "Honey, you're not embarrassed are you?"

"A little," Sue Ellen shrugged. "I'm not used to being.."

"Vulgar?" He finished for her. "Sue Ellen, you're a lady to your very soul. I love that about you. I also love it when you get down and dirty with me. We're married honey. There's no shame in it."

"I know, JR. I just... it's all so new."

"I know," he pulled her close and nuzzled her neck. "And it'll only keep getting better. I'm glad you finally trust me enough to let go with me."

Sue Ellen smiled shyly and started to answer him when John Ross let out a shrill cry from his bedroom.

"Go on and take your shower," JR backed away from her. "I'll take care of the boy.'

"Alright, JR. Thank you."

"We're going to finish this conversation later though. Understand me?"

"Yes," she nodded and blushed.

JR watched her walk away then headed to the nursery to get his son. A lot of their problems in the past had come from their mutual sexual hang-ups. They were making serious progress in dealing with them and he was determined to make sure that their stupid ideas about wives and womanhood never came between them ever again.

*""

"Are you going to call Gary today?"

Bobby finished straightening his tie and turned to face his wife. "Yes. But I have no idea what I'm going to say."

"Why not just tell him the truth?" Pam asked. "Tell him his daughter needs him in her life and that JR has promised not to interfere."

"A promise from JR won't mean very much to Gary," Bobby sighed. "Look, I'll do the best that I can, but Lucy shouldn't get her hopes up too high. A lot of water is under Gary's bridge. He might not want to come home. Not even for his daughter."

"I hope you're wrong, Bobby," Pam said sadly. "Lucy will be devastated if he won't even try."

"You going to the hospital this morning?" He changed the subject.

"Yes. Hoping Cliff might be able to talk...at least enough to say a few words."

"Need me to come with you?"

"No. Any Ewing would cause tension for him. Even you."

"Alright, Pam. But Cliff still had a lot to answer for. It can't be put off forever."

"I know. He just needs time to get a little stronger."

Bobby nodded and slipped on his jacket. If Cliff was able to talk, then JR and he were going to have to see him as soon as possible. Time is the one luxury they just didn't have.

"Jock, I wish you would reconsider."

"My mind is made up, Harv. You just do as you're told and have the will ready today. I need it at dinner tonight."

"You're cutting them all out. Ellie isn't going to be happy."

"And I don't care," Jock snapped. "My granddaughter has defied me one too many times. And no child of my gold digging, trashy daughters-in-law will ever get their hands on my company."

"But JR and Bobby.."

"Can still inherit. Gary too for that matter. All any of them have to do is divorce the tramps they married."

"This might backfire on you."

"It won't," Jock snarled. "And it's none of your concern anyway. Just do your damn job and leave my family to me."

Dusty hung up the phone and smiled. Everything was set. Soon enough, Sue Ellen would see what a piece of garbage her husband still was and she'd come back to him.

He hated knowing she would be hurt again. But it had to be done.

It wasn't like he was framing JR. He was just giving him an opportunity to show his true colors. His plan may hurry the process along, but JR would cheat eventually anyway. All he was doing was moving up the timeline on the inevitable.

"Dusty?"

"Yeah, Dad?" Dusty rolled his chair around to face his father.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for your physical therapy?"

Dusty glanced at his watch and shrugged. "You're right. My therapist will be here any minute."

"Try not to overdo it again today," Clayton advised. "Yesterday was too much."

"I have to push myself," Dusty told him. "The sooner I can get out of this chair and back on my feet, the better."

"Why the hurry?"

"Let's just say that I have my reasons," Dusty rolled past his father and out of the room.

"Yes," Clayton muttered under this breath. "I know you do."

"He been in to see you?"

"Nope," Bobby answered his brother, flopping down onto the couch in JR's office. "You?"

"No," JR grumbled. "And I gotta tell you it makes me nervous knowing he was holed up in his office with Harv all morning."

"Me too," Bobby agreed. "But if Daddy is cooking up a nasty surprise for us, we won't know until he's ready to spring it."

"True. You heard from Pam yet?"

"Yes. Cliff can talk, but only a little. The doctors say it might be a few days before he can string together coherent sentences."

"We don't have a few days," JR sighed.

"No. We don't. I'm supposed to meet with Kristen again tomorrow."

"I guess we need to go see Jordan," JR groused. "Can't put it off any longer."
"No. We really can't."

The brothers stood up and moved toward the office door. JR retrieved his hat from the rack and put it on his head. "Bobby, do you remember Lisa Brackman?"

"Who?"

"She was one of Daddy's secretaries when we were kids."

"Oh right! The red head with the enormous…" he held his hands out in front of his chest and laughed.

"Yeah. Her."

"What about her?"

"Do you ever remember her coming to Southfork?"

"No. Why?"

"No reason really," JR shrugged. "Just had a sudden memory of her being at the house. Doesn't matter. Let's go see Jordan and get it over with."

Sue Ellen put John Ross down gently and ran to the door. "Coming!"

She opened the door and was greeted by a delivery man holding a huge bouquet of red roses. "Sue Ellen Sheppard?"

"Ewing."

"What?"

"Nevermind. Yes, I'm Sue Ellen."

"Sign here, please."

Sue Ellen signed the slip and took the roses. "Wait here and I'll get you a tip."

"No need, ma'am. The sender has been quite generous already. Have a good day."

Sue Ellen closed the door and shook her head. JR liked to send her roses, but his were always yellow. Plus, he never would have addressed a gift to her in her maiden name.

She sat the roses on the kitchen counter and pulled out the card. She gasped in shock and horror when she read the card

"My dearest Sue Ellen, I'm sorry for the way I acted the other day. It was hard for me to see you with JR. I want you to know I've been thinking. I changed my mind. I'm not giving up on you. You deserve a man who truly loves you. I'm that man. With love - Dusty."

"Oh my God," Sue Ellen breathed out. "Oh my God!"

**"

"That was awkward as hell."

JR grimaced and climbed under the wheel of his car. Bobby was right. Questioning Jordan Lee about his sex life hadn't been a pleasant experience.

"We need to talk to Dr. Michaels again. If there's some way to test for paternity that isn't dangerous for the baby, we need to do it now."

"Yes. JR, I can't go see Michaels. I still have to call Gary."

"Right. I forgot about that. I'll drop you at the office and go see the doctor myself."

"Great. Don't know which one of us has the dirtier job."

"You think this is bad, just wait until tonight when we have to face Daddy."

Bobby made a face and growled under his breath. "JR, do you think we're too old to run away from home?"

JR burst out laughing and put the car in gear. "Unfortunately, yes. Plus, we'd miss our wives - pains in the ass that they both are. We're stuck, Bobby. May as well suck it up and deal with it."

"Sometimes I hate being a responsible family man," Bobby groused.

"You and me both brother," JR grumbled back. "You and me both."

"Your credentials are impeccable," Sue Ellen told the young lady. "You are really more qualified for a full-time, live-in position. Why would you want to take a part-time job with me?"

"I'm finishing my last year in art school," the girl told her. "I need to concentrate more on my studies. A full-time job won't allow me to do that."

Sue Ellen nodded and chewed at her bottom lip. JR had agreed to allow her to hire a part-time nanny to help around the condo so that Sue Ellen could concentrate fully in getting their new house built. The agency had sent over several candidates and Miranda here was certainly the most qualified.

But…

She was young. And beautiful. And JR was still JR.

"Mrs. Ewing, this opportunity is perfect for me. I promise if you give me a chance, you won't be disappointed."

Sue Ellen sighed heavily and shook her head. Miranda was the perfect. She had so much experience and she believed in caring for children with more understanding love than strict discipline.

There were always going to be beautiful women around JR. She truly believed that he was dedicated to her completely now. Surely after all they'd shared together recently, he wouldn't be tempted by a nanny - no matter how young and beautiful she was.

"Alright, Miranda," Sue Ellen smiled, "the job is yours if you want it."

"Oh, I do!"

"When can you start?"

"How does tomorrow sound?"

"Just perfect" Sue Ellen stood up and shook the girl's hand. "Tomorrow is perfect."

JR paced back and forth impatiently. He looked at his watch and growled. Time was getting short. He and Sue Ellen were due at Southfork at 7:00. "Well?" He snapped.

"Would you give me a few minutes?" Dr. Michaels snapped back. "This is a lot of information…" His voice broke off and he studied the paper in front of him carefully. "Wait a second…"

"What?" JR snapped again.

"You're sure these records are accurate?"

"They should be. They came straight from Jordan Lee's doctor. Why?"

"Mr. Ewing, do you know what an RH favor is?"

"No. Should I?"

"Not really. Most people have never heard of it. And I know you're in a hurry so I won't bother to explain it. The only thing that's important is that Jordan Lee's is negative and Kristen's is positive."

"So?'

"So," Micheals looked up and met JR's eyes, "there's no way in hell Jordan Lee fathered that baby."

"Are you sure?"

"Dead sure. We have a winner in the Kristen Sheppard baby sweepstakes, Mr. Ewing."

"Barnes?"

"Yes. Cliff Barnes had to be the father. There's no doubt about it."

"You understand, Lucy?"

"Yes. At least he's willing to talk."

Yes he is," Bobby reached out and took her hand. "And that's a very good thing."

"Will JR agree?"

"I think so. I think he'll do it for you."

Lucy nodded and smiled up at her uncle. "Thank you, Uncle Bobby."

"You're welcome, honey."

He leaned forward and kissed her cheek. "You ready for tonight?"

"Yeah," she laughed. "I already took a sedative."

Bobby shot her a disapproving look and she laughed harder. "I'm only kidding."

"Too bad," Bobby sighed. "I was going to ask you to share."

"Maybe it won't be as bad as you think."

"Maybe," Bobby muttered. "But Daddy was at the office all day and he never came out of his office. And Harv Smithfield was in there twice. I have a bad feeling, Lucy. A very, VERY bad feeling."

"Would you hurry up, Sue Ellen?" JR yelled from the kitchen. "We're already late!"

He growled when she didn't answer. He crossed his arms and leaned against the kitchen counter to wait. That woman would be late for her own damned funeral.

She hadn't even started to get ready when he got home. She made an excuse about having a busy day and needing to talk to him about it all later. He'd told her he had some things to tell her too and sent her off to the bedroom with orders to hurry the hell up.

John Ross made a sudden noise from his spot on the floor and JR bent to see what he wanted. He rolled his eyes when he saw the spit up around the boy's mouth. He grabbed a paper towel and wiped his mouth before it stained his clothes. "That's just want we don't need, boy," JR told his son. "If your mama has to change you, we'll never get out of here…"

He had moved to the trashcan to throw away the used paper towel. "Why are there flowers in the trash?" He wondered out loud.

He reached down and pulled the roses from the trash, finding the card underneath them. His face darkened with pure fury as he read the printed words.

"Alright, JR, I'm ready…"

The smile froze on Sue Ellen's face and she turned ghost white. "JR...I can explain…"

"Can you?" His voice was low and dangerous.

"Yes. I was going to tell you after dinner."

"Is that so?"

He swept the flowers off the counter, back in the trashcan and folded up the card and put it in his pocket. "I'll look forward to hearing it. We're late. Let's go."

"JR…"

"Let's go, Sue Ellen," he said again, his voice hard and cold. "I don't have time for a confessional right now. My Daddy is expecting me."

Honkytonkangel

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Every time I think I can't hate Jerk more he opens his mouth or does something that proves I can.
Forget the horsewhip Miss Ellie and go straight for the shotgun.
I hope the rest of the family will stick together (and yes I'm looking at you Miss Ellie, you better be on your sons and daughters side) and not let him bully them.
Miss Ellie should kick his arse off Southfork and he can go live in the Ewing Oil building if it's so bloody important to him.
And JR and Bobby should start their own company and run their lives however they damn please.

And why is JR throwing a tantrum again? The flowers were IN THE TRASH so obvs Sue Ellen didn't want them. And you heard her tell Dusty to leave her alone because she loves YOU idiot.
And she would've talked to you about it, but well we can't keep daddy waiting.......... maybe she knows the shit's about to hit the fan and just didn't wanna make it worse.
Grrrr I'm gonna be going for the iron again.

Last edited:

CeeCee72

LV

Reaction score
Awards

Shot Through the Heart

Part Thirty-three:

JR pulled into his customary parking spot in Southfork's driveway and cursed under his breath. He could tell Sue Ellen was trying not to cry.

"Don't," he told her, his hands tight and stiff on the steering wheel. "Tears will ruin your make-up."

"I'm not worried about my make-up," she whispered shakily.

They had made the whole drive from the condo to the ranch in silence. The only noise had been John Ross's occasional coos from the back seat.

"Sue Ellen," JR kept his voice low and even, "do you think I'm stupid?"

"Of course not, JR! Why would you even ask me that?"

"Because. When I got home from the office, you told me you had something to talk to me about didn't you?"

"Yes, I did," she nodded.

"And the flowers and the disgusting little love note were in the trash, weren't they?"

"Yes, they were."

"So why do you think I'm too stupid to figure out you didn't want the gift from the cowboy and that you had every intention of telling me about it?"

She turned her head to look and him and her eyes grew wide. "You mean... you're not mad?"

"Oh, I'm made alright, Sue Ellen. I'm furious. But not with you."

"JR…"

"Just hush for a second okay? Tonight is going to be bad enough without us fighting each other. Let me just tell you right now that I love you and I trust you and leave it at that, okay? We'll sort it all out later. The truth is I have some unpleasant things to tell you too."

"Oh, God, JR.. not… not about other women, please?"

"No honey. There are no other women. And there won't be again. It's about your sister and her baby."

"JR .."

"I said I love you, Sue Ellen. And I trust you. Can you say the same thing about me?"

"Without a single doubt," she reached out and took his hand. "Yes, JR. Absolutely."

"Good," he squeezed her hand and leaned over to kiss her cheek. "Let's just try to hold it together through dinner, then we'll go home and work through it all, okay?"

"Okay, JR. I love you so much."

"I know you do, honey. I know."

"You start tomorrow?" Dusty said into the phone. "Excellent. Remember to go slow. Don't try to seduce him right off the bat. Make sure to gain Sue Ellen's trust first. Then go after JR. Yes. I know. Good. Thanks."

Dusty was thrilled. Miranda had charmed Sue Ellen completely and would be starting her job as John Ross's nanny tomorrow. It wouldn't be long until JR was rolling around with the beautiful young woman and Sue Ellen would be shattered and looking for a place to fall apart.

"And I'll be right here waiting," he smiled to himself.

"That was unexpected," Bobby muttered. "I can't believe he took it so well."

"He didn't," JR handed Bobby a drink and made one for himself.

"What do you mean? He didn't say a one world when Mama told him that you and Sue Ellen were building a house on Southfork."

"Exactly," JR told him. "He should have exploded. Instead he sat there with a little grin on his face, like he had a secret no one else knew about."

"You think he's up to something?"

"I'd bet my last dime on it."

Bobby made a face and sighed. "Well, guess we'll find out soon enough. You need to call Gary tomorrow. He wants to talk."

"Fine," JR took a swallow of his drink. "Let's just hope by that time we don't join him in the prodigal son category."

JR and Bobby broke apart and returned to their wives' sides when their parents came into the living room.

"It's been a lovely night," Ellie said, taking a glass of wine and sitting down beside Lucy on the couch. "It's wonderful to have you all here for dinner again."

"Yes," Jock fixed his own drink and turned to face his family. "I'm glad you're all here too. I have some news of my own to share. And I'm betting that this will be the last time all of us are together again."

"What do you mean, Jock?' Ellie's voice was suspicious.

"I mean," Jock growled, "there isn't going to be a new house for Sue Ellen. At least not here at Southfork and not with JR. But maybe her and Pam can get a place to bunk together. Of course without the Ewing money, not sure how they're gonna afford any place at all."

"Jock…" Ellie stood up and faced him. "What are you talking about?"

"It's very simple, Ellie. I met with Harv today. I changed my will. Our boys won't get one dime from me, not one piece of Ewing Oil so long as they stay married to their current wives. No child any of those tramps have will inherit anything that's mine. That includes John Ross and Lucy."

"Why Jock?" Ellie demanded. "Why would you do something so awful?"

"It's time that my sos started acting like men. I'm sick of these women leading them around by the noses, constantly humiliating this family with their drama, their disgusting families, and their bad habits. I won't have it anymore."

"YOU won't have it?" Ellie raged. She was shaking with pure fury. "How DARE you?!"

"Mama," JR's voice was soft, but commanding. "It's okay. Please don't get so upset." He arched his eyebrow at Bobby who immediately walked over to his mother, put his arm around her shoulder, and pulled her back down onto the couch.

"Listen to your son," Jock snarled at his wife. "He knows what's important."

"Yes, I do," JR told him cooly. "No thanks to you and the way you raised me. Bobby and I expected you might pull something like this, and we've been preparing. We both already separated our finances from the company and we've already made arrangements to bind our deals and our clients to us personally rather than Ewing Oil."

"You did what?"

"You heard me," JR spat at him.

"Sue Ellen?" He didn't turn to look at her. He kept his eyes dead level on his father's face.

"Yes, JR?"

"Go get John Ross and wait for me in the car. Lucy, that goes for you too, girl."

Sue Ellen and Lucy both stood immediately and moved to carry out his orders.

"Wait!" Ellie cried out from the couch. "Please!"

"Mama, I'm sorry," JR told her. "I love you, but I won't have my family in his presence one minute longer."

"Me either," Bobby agreed. "Pam, go pack some things. We're leaving too."

"No!" Ellie stood up and stomped her foot. "No! HE is the one who's leaving. Not any of you!"

"Mama…"

"No!" She yelled again. "Southfork is MY home, not his! I want him gone! I mean it!"

"You do this and there's no going back," Jock warned her.

"Get out," Ellen pointed at him with a shaky finger. "And don't you dare ever come back."

Jock slammed down his drink so hard the glass shattered. "You're all dead to me," he snarled on his way out the door.

Ellie waited until she heard the tires of his car squeal away, then she collapsed into a crying heap back onto the couch. Bobby wrapped his arms around her and whispered soothing, kind words.

"Ladies, Bobby and I need a few minutes alone with Mama," JR told them.

Pam, Lucy, and Sue Ellen all got up, filed out of the living room one by one and went up the stairs. JR walked over to the couch and squatted down in front of his crying mother, joining his brother in trying to bring her comfort.

"Is she asleep?"

Pam nodded at her sister-in-law and quietly shut Lucy's bedroom door. "The sedative worked fast."

"Dr. Danvers is still in with Miss Ellie. I hope she'll be alright."

"I have to tell you, Sue Ellen. I'm stunned. I knew Jock was stubborn and cold, but so never expected him to do anything like this."

"I'm not surprised at all, " Sue Ellen sighed. "I've known him a lot longer than you. Where do you think JR learned to be so nasty?'

"Poor Miss Ellie," Pam shook her head. "I feel just awful for her."

"Yes. So do I," Sue Ellen said sadly. "So do I."

"Jock!" Ray stood aside to let the other man into his house. "What are you doing here."

"Ellie kicked me out of my house," Jock told him nonchalantly. "I need a place to bunk until she calms down."

"What happened?" Ray couldn't believe Miss Ellie would ever be mad enough to make Jock leave.

"What happened is I finally laid down the law to my damn pansy sons about the trash they brought into my family and they didn't like it one bit."

"Trash?" Ray repeated. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the sluts they married…" he stopped talking and blushed slightly when he saw Ray had a guest. "Sorry, ma'am."

"Jock, you remember Donna Culver?"

"Of course. Nice to see you again. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude."

"Don't be silly," Donna stood up and shook his hand. "I was just leaving anyway." She walked over to Ray and kissed him on the cheek. "Call me later?"

"Count on it," he told her.

He waited until she was gone then walked to his refrigerator and pulled out two beers. "Alright, Jock. Tell me what happened."

"How's Miss Ellie?"

"Asleep," Bobby said, slipping down into the patio chair beside his wife. "Dr. Danvers said she should sleep through the night."

"And JR?" Sue Ellen asked.

"On the phone with Gary. We figured he has a right to know what happened since Lucy was involved too. JR drew the short straw and had to make the call."

"I can't believe Jock is behaving this way," Pam mused.

"I told you, Pam," Sue Ellen reminded the other woman, "I'm not surprised at all."

"Neither is JR," Bobby said thoughtfully. "I mean, he planned for this very thing. He even had Sly and Phyllis make copies of all our files and set up an office space in one of the other condos he owns in your building. It's like he knew this is exactly how this would go."

"Bobby, it makes perfect sense JR would know what Jock would do. Over the years, you got the best of your father. JR always got the worst of him."

"Yes. Still, even JR seemed shocked Daddy would push Mama so far."

"I doubt it even crossed Jock's mind that Miss Ellie would choose her children over him," Sue Ellen sighed.

"I agree," JR said, coming from the kitchen onto the patio. "Mama has spent her whole life eating Daddy's crap and pretending it tasted good. Sure her finally growing a backbone surprised the hell out of him. Sure knocked me for a loop."

"What do you mean, JR?" Bobby asked. "Mama and Daddy have always been so happy."

"Looks can be deceiving sometimes," JR shrugged. "We can talk about that later. Right now we need to tell the women what we know about their siblings."

"You sure this is the right time?" Bobby looked nervously between Sue Ellen and Pam.

"This is the ONLY time," JR insisted. "Gary is flying in tomorrow morning. Things are bound to get rougher around here than they already are. The four of us need to be solid with each other."

"Alright," Bobby nodded.

"Ladies, Bobby and I have been keeping some things from you. We did it to protect you, but now we need you both to be strong. Neither of you are going to like parts of what needs to be said. We need both of you not to lose sight of how much you care for one another, okay?"

"Okay, JR," both women said in unison.

"Barnes is Kristen's baby daddy. And that means she may have to go free."

"Jock," Ray carefully began, "I know you're mad. I know you're embarrassed. You have every right to be. But don't you think you might have gone too far?"

"I didn't go far enough," Jock snapped. "It should be those boys kicked out of my house, not me."

"Those boys are your sons, Jock. At the end of the day, family is all any of us really have."

"You're both right and wrong, Ray," Jock told him. "I need a son, an heir. But if Ellie's boys won't do as they're told and act in the best interest of Ewing Oil and the Ewing name, there's another."

"Another what?"

"Son," Jock said flatly. "I have a fourth son."

"What are you talking about, Jock?" Ray asked, confused. "What fourth son? Who?"

"You Ray."

"What?!"

"You're not a Krebbs, Ray. You never have been. You're a Ewing. You're my own flesh and blood, boy."

"That's not funny, Jock."

"Do I look like I'm laughing?" Jock snapped. "Get me another beer, son. I have a lot to tell you and it's going to take some time."