Should Alexis have been more violent --- to men?

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Haunting that cozy cellar under Falcon Crest
Okay, she killed Krystle's baby, and slapped Krystle and Sammy Jo on occasion. And she had a dog-and-cat fight with Dex when he caught her in Hong Kong with Rashid Ahmed. She smacked Dominique and Sable around, too.

But should Alexis have been more physically violent -- especially towards her various boytoys and/or husbands?

Ked

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Don't forget, she also slapped Amanda. And scratched up Dex's face when he attacked Galen in Season 6. She also lunged at Ben when she found out he "triple-crossed" her, though he was able to ward her off. Plus, in Season 9, didn't she start throwing things when she got mad at how that one mercenary guy ran his business, and she had to be tied to a chair in the next room? And during the flashback, when she realized Roger Grimes never loved her, she pulled a gun on him.

Seemed she was already pretty violent.

Personally, I think it should have been *Krystle* who became more violent over the course of the series, though mainly towards Alexis. Take that one really low comment Alexis made about Blake not being able to tell the difference between having sex with either Krystle or Rita. That should have earned her a beating that would have smeared her face in blood and dirt (cuz Krystle would have dug Alexis' face into the driveway).

After all, what's one of Joan Collins' most famous quotes about our two favorite divas? "Krystle fights with her hands. Alexis fights with her tongue."

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Plus, in Season 9, didn't she start throwing things when she got mad
Yes, and that was another positive development of Season 9.

After all, what's one of Joan Collins' most famous quotes about our two favorite divas? "Krystle fights with her hands. Alexis fights with her tongue."
More selective memory from Joan.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But we've both just pointed out that that isn't true.i

I think the key is "more likely." I think Joan Collins wanted to project Alexis as superior to Krystle, yet even in their first catfight Alexis slaps Krystle first. But in subsequent fights between them, Krystle was the one resorting to getting physical first.

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think the key is "more likely." I think Joan Collins wanted to project Alexis as superior to Krystle, yet even in their first catfight Alexis slaps Krystle first. But in subsequent fights between them, Krystle was the one resorting to getting physical first.
Correct. But Alexis attacked far more people. I just think the number should've been higher.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
upload_2019-3-12_23-8-17.jpeg

And she always was "dressed to kill"...​

Ked

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Her weirdest, ugliest, stupidest outfit of all. :lol: Plus, I remember she wore it in such a dull scene... I wonder if that's why they made it so outrageous: they knew the scene would be dull, so they figured, "What better way than to keep people's attention than by having them gawk at a monstrosity we'll put on Joan?"

Personally, I would have had her wear that outfit much later in the season, during the scene where she tricks Jackie Deveraux into confiding in her about Garrett's secret. With Jackie's big afro, puffy sweater with the kitten on it, and her long full skirt, it would have really painted the picture of a witch with a little girl. Plus, by that time, Alexis had descended into Cartoon Villain Territory, it would have fit her better as "The Evil Queen."

Snarky's Ghost

Telly Talk Oracle
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Her weirdest, ugliest, stupidest outfit of all. :lol: Plus, I remember she wore it in such a dull scene... I wonder if that's why they made it so outrageous: they knew the scene would be dull, so they figured, "What better way than to keep people's attention than by having them gawk at a monstrosity we'll put on Joan?"
Oh, hush. You're just quoting Doug Cramer. It's fine.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think it was not this outfit but this one (in her autobiography Joan talks about a gown from Pierre Cardin with enormously high angel-shaped sleeves) :

Last edited:

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She also threw a rather heavy lighter, I think it was, on a TV-set so the TV exploded, leaving Alexis a bit scared. Then someone entered the room and said something snarky. Was it Ben, Dominique or Blake? I can't remember.