• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Should Blake and Alexis ever have reunited?

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
'A Love Remembered' aside, cause it kinda doesn't count, could we ever have seen a scenario where Blake and Alexis could have gotten back together, even for a little while? There was that kiss in early season 2 but certainly by season 4 it felt like there was probably too much water under the bridge for Blake to ever be interested in Alexis again. Certainly her hand in Krystle's miscarriage was probably a deal breaker that there was no going back from.

So in order for it to happen there would have had to have been extenuating circumstances. Obviously things would need to go very sour with Krystle first. Perhaps the 'death' of Steven in season 3 or Fallon in season 5 could have been used as a way to bring the two together, united in their grief. But would fans have wanted to see it? Not the Blake and Krystle shippers I guess, but I think it could have made for great drama, especially in later seasons where they were running out of story lines for the characters. Perhaps a reunion that started early in a season but all went south by the end of it, resulting in Blake a Krystle getting back together in the finale. It would have taken some very good writing though to convince us that Blake in particular could ever be in a relationship with Alexis again.

Is this something they could have, should have, done? Would you have wanted to see this play out?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Amnesia was the only way. Otherwise, Forsythe would never have permitted it... I've said before that Alexis should have spent the rest of Season 7 taunting Krystle about having slept with Blake in Singapore, and in the season finale, announce to Blake that she's pregnant (which Joan would never have permitted, so they'd have to trick her) and then later claim to have miscarried the baby (during her drive off the bridge or the rumored avalanche cliffhanger) which she finds a way to blame Krystle for.

But the viewer is never sure that fiftyish Alexis was ever pregnant.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Obviously things would need to go very sour with Krystle first
Maybe if he'd never found out about Rita, and believed it was Krystle who tried to kill him.
Something less serious would not be reason enough to let her go, he wanted her too much. For the same reason Alexis hated her.

But in the unlikely scenario that he would send the sterling stenographer packing, would it be plausible to do the extremely opposite scenario on top of that?
If they would reunite then that should be the end of the saga, and their Mansion Of Evil should spontaneously implode and their dirty evil secrets will be buried with them. Maybe Adam - born form evil - should be in it too.
Krystle, Steven and Krystina are watching it from a distance. Suddenly a holy light starts to shine and Krystle is holding a baby in her arms, and Steven transforms back into Al Corley. The ghosts of Claudia and Ted also appear.
It would be so perfect that we would never need another soap opera again.

Richard Channing

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
"Krystle" could've also died in Moldavia, sparking a drunken reunion of the exes.

Although this is one scenario where I think fans wouldn't accept Blake hooking up with Alexis. At least not unless a lot of time had passed. And anyway, it wouldn't be as much fun without Krystle around to be the woman scorned, and now her and Alexis would really have some stuff to fight about.

TheWorldaStage

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I first saw the show in 2010 without any outside info or knowledge, online or otherwise. Only knew that Pamela Sue Martin was on it as she is what originally drew me to try the series.

My feeling (and also obvious observation) from the very beginning was that Blake was a proud man and would not let certain things go (e.g. Roger Grimes). He was really into Krystle. When Alexis came around, I sincerely couldn't see him with her in any capacity based on what I saw in the first two seasons. So I don't know if it was just the character, or the actor's bias coming through in scenes, but it just wouldn't seem authentic from my perspective.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Once Blake found out Alexis caused Krystle's miscarriage, even Blake flirting with Alexis would seem out of character.

HelloHappy

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
Freier Fall
I would have welcomed a Blake and Alexis reunion, even if only briefly. Having Alexis obsess over a man that did not want her made the character feel slightly pathetic after a season or two.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Did she want Blake or did she wanted him to succumb? If he had taken her back, wouldn't that acknowledge the fact (or her idea) that he had been in the wrong when he sent her away all those years ago?
I feel this is still eating at her, and then he also has the nerve to marry another and much lovelier woman. It just cannot be.

Therefore I don't think a genuine romance was ever on the table even if Blake changed his mind about her.
There were times when they interacted quite amicably, but Alexis could never resist looking for the weak spots that weren't really there. And then it started all over again.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, Alexis' PTSD over the divorce was never the same thing as her truly still being in love with him. Her heart was never broken by Blake, but something more fragile and important: her ego.

"Please, Blake, you were the best man I ever had out of all our Wednesday night bridge club partners....!"

"You are the most beautiful woman I've ever known with shoulders that big..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I would have welcomed a Blake and Alexis reunion, even if only briefly. Having Alexis obsess over a man that did not want her made the character feel slightly pathetic after a season or two.
A low point for her was when she announced she was going to show up on Blake and Krystle's second honeymoon. I think Dex stopped her, but seriously, that's pathetic and makes it seem as if she has no life at all.

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My main trouble with this drama, is I could never see Krystle going back to Blake after a spell with Alexis. Too much for Alexis to taunt about and Krystle would feel so low as a woman (as she described in her evening with Nick as the Rome business was ongoing) .
There would always be between them the "you slept with Alexis" even if it happened when divorced/broken up.

Blake was also a very secure man of his love and what he wanted, so to be spending time again with Alexis just doesn't sit right. I wonder how Blake would have reacted seeing K with a new lover even though he was with Alexis. Blake being a very possessive man.

So Krystle required a whole new purpose and life in Denver, if it had taken that way. Otherwise Dynasty lost its special depth and be just another show where everybody sleeps with each other and you stop caring (that in fact kind of what it was for many characters :p ).

So yes! Very smart writing to pull it off! Writing we could have believed and felt with.

Last edited:

Zara

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Did she want Blake or did she wanted him to succumb? If he had taken her back, wouldn't that acknowledge the fact (or her idea) that he had been in the wrong when he sent her away all those years ago?
I feel this is still eating at her, and then he also has the nerve to marry another and much lovelier woman. It just cannot be.

Therefore I don't think a genuine romance was ever on the table even if Blake changed his mind about her.
There were times when they interacted quite amicably, but Alexis could never resist looking for the weak spots that weren't really there. And then it started all over again.

Excellent point!
The bold part especially.

Blake's and Alexis' ego was too big even for one of them, and together it would just be a power dance, and who will win and be on top. ;)

lbf522

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I have read that the writers were planning on a Blake and Alexis reunion of some sort but the actors did not get along and that John Forsythe shot down the idea which if true is a shame.

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Amnesia was the only way. Otherwise, Forsythe would never have permitted it... I've said before that Alexis should have spent the rest of Season 7 taunting Krystle about having slept with Blake in Singapore, and in the season finale, announce to Blake that she's pregnant (which Joan would never have permitted, so they'd have to trick her) and then later claim to have miscarried the baby (during her drive off the bridge or the rumored avalanche cliffhanger) which she finds a way to blame Krystle for.

But the viewer is never sure that fiftyish Alexis was ever pregnant.

*Screaming.*

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think there was a time after the Italian rendezvous that it could’ve happened bc I don’t think the dislike between them had peaked yet.

No matter what, I would’ve had Blake and Krystle ultimately reunite, though.

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A low point for her was when she announced she was going to show up on Blake and Krystle's second honeymoon. I think Dex stopped her, but seriously, that's pathetic and makes it seem as if she has no life at all.
It honestly didn’t make sense for her to be that hellbent when she had a younger, hotter man whom she could manipulate more easily. While Blake was busy mistreating Krystle, Alexis was in turn foolishly imagining herself back in her former place… Huh? Where’s the character growth?

Gatsbyesque

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sociopaths don't do character growth, that was the whole point of it.
On the other hand, Krystle's character growth was Dynasty's biggest mistake.
Touché. But they do bore. Alexis couldn’t possibly have wanted to go back to being Blake’s neglected RHOD for ten years straight, but somehow only after 16 years of not giving a damn about him from what we can tell. From disinterested to obsessed?

I get the disturbing vendetta angle bc of the sociopathy, but the part where she just wants his hot bod all over hers, and spends a decade longing for it when she had so many things to distract her and make her feel victorious is a little more difficult to grasp. Her vanity should not have allowed her to keep begging.

I liked season 9 when she seemed as vengeful as ever but far less interested in reliving their romantic past. Paulsen knew it was tired and didn’t make sense. I feel like he was starting a slow character progression for Alexis. But we never got to see it fully manifest.

Last edited: