• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Should Dana have been related to Krystle ?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
...I mean, since it's a dynasty and all?

Maybe she could even usurp and replace Virginia in Season 9!

"Y'know, Dana, incest is really way over-criticized..."

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Wow. I actually thought that once, but figured I'd be criticized for thinking that. :lol: What's more, whenever I watch clips of Season 9, whenever I see Virginia, I like to re-imagine her as either Dana or Amanda, depending on what scene it is. And I would have given Dana Virginia's hooker background instead of having her be a high school stalker from Adam's past.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dana needed something, maybe a connection to Krystle, but frankly I would have preferred it if she had been a Colby offspring, like erase Bliss from the universe and put her in. The Billings history was just too quickly resolved and then there was nothing other than the ridiculous surrogacy. But imagine Adam and Bliss, Adam with his hands on Colby Enterprises, fighting Jeff, and plotting with Sable (and being caught between two sides in season 9, and probably double-crossing both).

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm fine with Dana, even though Leann Hunley deserved more screen time.

Virginia was ok when Krystle was still there but she should have left Denver earlier. Or she should have became the new Sammy Jo : a sweet girl who instantly turns into a bitch after she slept with a Carrington. Then, she could have been scheming with Adam against Blake (like in the storyline of Adam & Sammy Jo partners in crime that started at the end of season 4 before Camille Marchetta put an end to it).

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think it's partially because of "TJ Hooker" and also because in the bible Camille Marchetta planned to make of Adam a good boy who would help a damsel in distress (Marin Dexter, whose father raped her when she was a child). Fortunately that dumb idea was scrapped even though what we had (Claudia and Adam's affair) was far from being great.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Virginia was ok when Krystle was still there but she should have left Denver earlier
Sable intended to use her for...something. I've always wondered how and why, although I have my suspicions.

Dana, Miss Perfect.
I wish she had been more determined to keep her secret a secret, and Sean should have made her jump through hoops i.e. the most vile and wicked things.
It was very similar to Krystle's threat, Sean's blackmail was un-blackmailed, end of interesting plot. Yet another anti-climax.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think it's partially because of "TJ Hooker" and also because in the bible Camille Marchetta planned to make of Adam a good boy who would help a damsel in distress (Marin Dexter, whose father raped her when she was a child). Fortunately that dumb idea was scrapped even though what we had (Claudia and Adam's affair) was far from being great.

At that point the show could no longer handle Adam as he had been created in season three (or end of season two per the Pollocks'), a complex and tormented man who was both victim and villain. So, in that sense I am glad he did not turn into a good boy, though I don't believe bringing in the Dexters would have been bad. And as @Snarky's Ghost said, dumping the Adam and Sammy Jo thread was a wasted opportunity on the part of Marchetta, but that wasn't the only one in season 5, the season of wasted opportunities.

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I liked that Dana was a complete outsider, by season 7 the Carrington's had been swapping wives, delving into illicit relations with step-relatives, in laws and second cousins far too many times at this stage, Dana being connected to Adam only as a girl he vaguely knew in the early 70s was a breath of fresh air like Dana herself was
:)

I do agree that Krystle could have done with a few more relatives aside from Sammy Jo, Mark and Virginia, I think a male cousin whom Blake takes under his wing immediately, a man who brings Adam, Steven and Jeff together as they distrust and are envious that Blake seemingly prefers this distant relative better than them.

I also think a maiden aunt of Krystle could have been a recurring character, some one who actually renders Alexis speechless with her superior put downs.