• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Should Lady Ashley have been Blake former fiancée ?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Regardless of who played her? Would this give more gravity to Blake and Krystle's tension during Season 5?

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No.

She should've been a fearsome and aggressive lesbian who persued Krystle.

"Don't touch me there, Lady!"

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think Dynasty could have gotten more mileage from Cecil Colby.
Ashley could have been the almost-Mrs Colby and, well of course she knew Blake from those good ol days.
I wish it was revealed that it was Caress who ruined their relationship but somehow she made it look as if it were Zach's wife's fault.
Hence Mrs Powers and Ashley's heated argument which led to Mrs Powers' untimely death.

A situation full of misunderstandings, false accusations and intrigue.
The only problem is: Zach Powers didn't exist yet, but it would make his introduction on The Colbys more exciting.

And now Ashley's back - and Alexis smells trouble (because she's sooo familiar with it).

Beautiful, beautiful Dynasty...so much to be done, so much to be said…

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Regardless of who played her? Would this give more gravity to Blake and Krystle's tension during Season 5?
Especially if she was the one who had called it off because Fallon had driven her away--and she comes back at the funeral to be there for Blake. It was always weird that no other woman besides Alexis is mentioned from Blake's past

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It was always weird that no other woman besides Alexis is mentioned from Blake's past
She was the only one that mattered, and I think it works better for the story because he thought he could never love again.
Until he met Krystle.
Especially if she was the one who had called it off because Fallon had driven her away
So, in retrospect, Krystle's story wouldn't be so exclusive anymore. "Been there done that".
No no no, let's not do that.

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I do like the idea of Blake trying to find love again in the 70s, what made Krystle so different and would still be unique to the narrative is that Krystle wouldn't give up! She made Blake change and wasn't about to be his carpet, especially in the early years of the show.

I find it hard to believe that in the fourteen years between Alexis leaving in 1964 and Krystle's arrival in Denver in 1978, Blake didn't at least have one relationship, he was one of the most powerful.men in America supposedly I doubt he would've remained a monk during those years.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The idea is nice but Daniel was already a man from Krystle's past, I think it would have been VERY odd if at the same time lovers from Blake and Krystl's past have come to Denver.

Season 10 would have been a better time for that.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The idea is nice but Daniel was already a man from Krystle's past, I think it would have been VERY odd if at the same time lovers from Blake and Krystl's past have come to Denver.
I don't think Camille Marchetta had "verisimilitude" in her Moldavian vocabulary, so that wasn't an issue.

GillesDenver

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, I'm not sure that it was her idea to make of Daniel an ex-lover of Krystle. In the season bible, he is a new people in town. And he is not the father of Sammy Jo either. I think the Shapiro and/or the Pollocks made the changes when they thought they could do a spin-off with Daniel and Sammy Jo.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, I'm not sure that it was her idea to make of Daniel an ex-lover of Krystle. In the season bible, he is a new people in town. And he is not the father of Sammy Jo either. I think the Shapiro and/or the Pollocks made the changes when they thought they could do a spin-off with Daniel and Sammy Jo.

They were never plans for a spin-off like that--do you mean something else?

Laurie Marr

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Maybe. Yet canon is as it is because McGraw was awful, Forsythe wouldn’t countenance infidelity being a possibility for Blake and - finally - Ashley was perhaps a dud character from the start.

Majorfanofshow

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No! Because totally new characters people never met before could be good for drama. Daniel Reece was also going to be the marital problem for Blake and krystle that season. Daniel and Ashley both arriving seemingly seperately but in fact maybe had planned their scheme to destroy Blake and krystle marriage but then Daniel dies! Ashley has to do it on her own! But then she is killed in Moldavia! Messing with krsytle and Blake killed both Ashley and Daniel! Very much like Rita and Joel die in season 6 after their plan falls apart.

Last edited: