Should Mrs Gunnerson have slapped Blake -- or maybe Krystle?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
...in keeping with the shocking scene on nuDYNASTY, should the house staff from the old show have gotten all uppity and bitch-slapped their employers occasionally?

And, if so, then who slaps whom? And what is the result?

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Joseph should've slapped Blake's bottom when he was "blind".

Blake would pretend he didn't know who it was. But he knows. And he enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I could imagine a quarrel in season 10.
Sable feels she is very much needed in the Carrington household after everything that happened and she basically thinks of them as her own family.
One day she confronts Mrs Gunnerson with the fact that Krystina is putting on weight, the girl always had a taste for Sweet Cuisine, but the traumatic events seem to have triggered a cookie obsession - and Mrs Gunnerson keeps indulging her.
Well, not anymore!
"Mrs Gunnerson...excuse me for interrupting, I can see you're very busy preparing a magnificent lunch..."
"Yes, for you and the curator of the Denver Museum, I remember because you instructed me to prepare this lunch only two hours ago".
(Sable, slightly annoyed by Mrs. Gunnerson cheeky attitude): "I'm not here to test your memory, Mrs Gunnerson. I want to talk to you about Krystina".
"Oh, I can't imagine why you'd want to discuss her with me".
"Especially you, Mrs. Gunnerson. The girl has grown two sizes since, well you know what I'm talking about. And it is my impression that's she spending too much time in the kitchen".
"She's always liked it here, Mrs. Colby. (*sighs*) How I miss those lovely afternoons with her and Mrs. Carrington, babbling and laughing..."
(Sable, seething) "Mrs. Gunnerson! I'm here to tell you that the cookie parties are over. Krystina has had a heart transplant, for heaven's sake. Don't you realize how dangerous obesity is in her condition?"
"She's not obe...obe..she's not fat, she's just growing up like children are supposed to do!".
"If that's what you think then you are a danger to this young girl. I'm talking about abuse, Mrs. Gunnerson!"
Mrs. Gunnerson slaps Sable and storms out of the kitchen.
Alexis, who has secretly witnessed the argument, sashays into the kitchen, befurred and bejewelled from head to toe.
"Having a rough day, my ambitious cousin?"
"What are you doing here? Get out of my...get out!"
"First his secretary, now his cook. Who else are you going to replace, Sybil? Adam with Miles?"
But suddenly, Alexis realizes the seriousness of that possibility.
"Now listen to me carefully, cousin dear. I may be the ex Mrs Carrington, but you will never be a Carrington at all, let alone your bastard son. I will handle Blake's family and staff from now on!"
"You bitch!"
A kitchen-catfight ensues and they end up being covered in baking powder and chocolate sauce and that kind of stuff.
Jeanette enters the kitchen: "Mrs. Colby, the curator and his secretary have arrived".
"What? It's my museum!" Alexis exclaims. And the catfight continues.

Laurie Marr

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I always thought Mrs Gunnerson could have been developed in a much more sinister way, a la Bette Davis in The Nanny. She shouldn’t have slapped the Carringtons, she should have drugged them. At least this would have explained some of the strange behaviour that took hold post-82.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I always thought Mrs Gunnerson could have been developed in a much more sinister way, a la Bette Davis in The Nanny. She shouldn’t have slapped the Carringtons, she should have drugged them. At least this would have explained some of the strange behaviour that took hold post-82.
I once envisioned her committing suicide by hanging in the kitchen, a complicit witness to Sable's or Caress' stabbing Roger Grimes to death after he raped them, Mrs Gunnerson helping them hide the body in an open hole in the main hall where the sewer pipes were being worked on, his body found in the wall 25 years later by DYNASTY's final season -- a plotline I arrived at two years before Paulsen ever set foot on set to make Season 9.