• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Simon Mayo Drive time R2 and changes

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Get me my shot gun now Miss Ellie from the hall cupboard!

How dare the very PC BBC change this perfect show with great "cast" to what they dished up yesterday with Jo Whiley co presenting. Shes pretty mediocre at best and should be on a late night slot where few listen.

Simon Mayo is one of the best DJs on radio and Matt and Bobbie and co were perfect, along with the Confessions slot

Download the confessions podcast for some great laughs https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05z4q87

The BBCs quest to be so very PC totally cheeses me off and as a result crap presenters like fearne Cotton (nepotism reigns) Zoe ball, cerys matthews are getting a bigger piece of the pie at R2

Well I dont want them and Id far rather listen to the men than these nasal females :scream:

rant over !

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
Well back where he belongs and enjoying listening once again to Simon Mayo on a Drive time show on Greatest Hits radio

Will never forgive the PC BBC for foisting Jo Whiney on his brilliant R2 show = just to be PC - Only reasons to listen to R2 are Ken Bruce, Wrighty, Jonnie Walker and Paul Gambuccini - its full of crappy females ticking a PC box
Grrrrrr

Just hate the adverts!!

Biggie

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Happy Gilmore
Jo Whiley has nothing left to prove. She's excelled on the wireless and television. She's universally respected within the music industry and her knowledge is second to none.

Jo Whiley has worked for the positions that she's earned. Suggesting otherwise is laughable at best.

Her presence on the airwaves is testament to her ability, talent and effort to make her broadcasting the best possible.

Nonsensical notions about her being used as a type of 'PC' box ticking exercise is just (expletive) (expletive) jazz.